Battlefield 2042

hazard12345

3 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Also, They giving you free map packs and all.

70$ is a new  norm. People should accept it and stop complaining about it. I used to complain about it but now i accepted it

MS will do same soon 

Lol. Dual standards. You sing a different tune in other threads. 

Just now, TRMNTR said:

$70 is going to be the norm going forward. The quicker everyone gets used to it, the better.

PS - As long as it's around 4500 in India, I'm good with it.

I was reading BF details. It looks like perfect game for fans of the series.  Massive amount of multiplayer content. 

70$ for PS5 and seriesX is new norm now

1 minute ago, radicaldude said:

Lol. Dual standards. You sing a different tune in other threads. 

Ya i know, i was complaining about it. But not anymore. I accepted that its new standard pricing for PS5 and,SX games 

Edited by WhiteWolf

1 minute ago, WhiteWolf said:

I was reading BF details. It looks like perfect game for fans of the series.  Massive amount of multiplayer content. 

128 players is going to be EPIC! I bought BF1 and 5 day one but was bored quickly. I hope 2042 doesn't disappoint.

1 minute ago, TRMNTR said:

128 players is going to be EPIC! I bought BF1 and 5 day one but was bored quickly. I hope 2042 doesn't disappoint.

You know cross play will not be possible between last and nextgen coz of difference in map size and players on map.

IMO they could have made it free to play. Earn via mtx and seasons passes. $70 sans campaign itself would keep a significant chunk of gamers away. 

I mean people just don't learn from games like fortnite, do they. Launch it on gamepass launch it on psn launch it on every damn network but make it f2p. Earn via other modes. If mp is what you want, don't make another battlefield. Make seasons and iteratively bring changes. 

• Like 1

Just now, WhiteWolf said:

You know cross play will not be possible between last and nextgen coz of difference in map size and players on map.

Of course. I want cross-play better nextgen consoles and PC. If not PS5 then at least XS X|S and PC. 

IMO they could have made it free to play. Earn via mtx and seasons passes. $70 sans campaign itself would keep a significant chunk of gamers away. 

I mean people just don't learn from games like fortnite, do they. Launch it on gamepass launch it on psn launch it on every damn network but make it f2p. Earn via other modes. If mp is what you want, don't make another battlefield. Make seasons and iteratively bring changes. 

This is where I stand too. Rocket League, Fortnite, Warzone etc are big and make a lot of money. It's good for the consumers too!

• Like 1

Just now, Aloy said:

This is where I stand too. Rocket League, Fortnite, Warzone etc are big and make a lot of money. It's good for the consumers too!

Tim Sweeney, the ceo of epic games is a billionaire now. 

Major chunk of his wealth comes from a f2p game. He has created the unreal series, but now he doesn't have to care about anything. 

4 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

That one clip with the quad being rammed into the heli, they should have shown him sticking some C4 to it first, and then detonate as it crashes. Hope we can still do that in 2042.

I was fully expecting that to happen..but didn't :(

I'm sure they did the research and then decided to go with what they have. If you don't care about cosmetics, $70 upfront cost seems like the better idea. You pay once and then enjoy all the (most relevant) content from the Season Passes for free. 

Just now, TRMNTR said:

I'm sure they did the research and then decided to go with what they have. If you don't care about cosmetics, $70 upfront cost seems like the better idea. You pay once and then enjoy all the (most relevant) content from the Season Passes for free. 

But after few years, theyll come out with another battlefield and this version might/will get obsolete. 

F2p games don't suffer from this. You get the latest version (with upgrades) automatically. You are free to spend on stuff (cosmetic and otherwise) as per your budget.  

Infact a part of me feels that even fifa should take this route.

But after few years, theyll come out with another battlefield and this version might/will get obsolete. 

F2p games don't suffer from this. You get the latest version (with upgrades) automatically. You are free to spend on stuff (cosmetic and otherwise) as per your budget.  

Infact a part of me feels that even fifa should take this route.

I just meant that they probably have different goals than what we have in mind. Even 343 decided to go with the F2P model for the same reasons so there's obviously some merits with that approach. 

13 hours ago, Aloy said:

I'm not saying it's the wrong move, I'm just voicing my opinion. I understand BF and even COD are mostly MP games.

No need to call me out as stupid

No i was not calling you stupid. I was making general statement. 

I guess it looked like i was calling you :p. My bad. I apologise. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

Of course. I want cross-play better nextgen consoles and PC. If not PS5 then at least XS X|S and PC. 

Have they confirmed 120 players and same map size as SX  for Series S as well? 

Series S got less ram than One X. So im sure it will have some issues matching SX 120 players size pool

Edited by WhiteWolf