Battlefield 2042

hazard12345

4 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

Games are only added to EA Play after a year if I'm not wrong. I'd wait till launch. Maybe, just maybe, they'll end up changing their mind and come up with a cheaper upgrade path.

With EA, many have come to GP in around 6 months (NFS HP, FIFA21, NHL21, NFL21, Squadrons), but some haven't, like UFC 4. Basically the same time that they move out of the EA premium tier. So, if BF 2042 comes to GP, it probably wont be before 6 months have lapsed. 

15 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

With EA, many have come to GP in around 6 months (NFS HP, FIFA21, NHL21, NFL21, Squadrons), but some haven't, like UFC 4. Basically the same time that they move out of the EA premium tier. So, if BF 2042 comes to GP, it probably wont be before 6 months have lapsed. 

All the games you listed are yearly sports games which lose their value within 6 months of coming & 6 months from the new iteration 

BF42 is the biggest title from EA since BF4 

But anyway all depends on the popularity 

if it drops it will come early,if not then maybe not even after a year 

9 minutes ago, AnK said:

All the games you listed are yearly sports games which lose their value within 6 months of coming & 6 months from the new iteration 

Get a used disc from tp. 

18 minutes ago, AnK said:

well, only one way to find out.  besides, the point is that those who want to play day-1, better prepare self for purchase. Those who dont care, like me, can wait for GPU. maybe it'll be 3 months, maybe 9, or maybe 15.

Edit: of course, addressing only Xbox users (I was replying to TRMNTR) who might be wondering about GPU arrival.

Edited by WhatsInTheName

40 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

Edit: of course, addressing only Xbox users (I was replying to TRMNTR) who might be wondering about GPU arrival.

6 months is still a long time to wait though. I'm going to get this Day 1.

52 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Get a used disc from tp. 

Gold edition is 6500 compared to 4k of Normal lol 

At this point it makes more sense to buy disc version for 4k play it as long as on last gen & then sell it for whatever & buy Nextgen version when it goes on discount on season sale 

I’ll end up actually saving a lot more than the “saving” JoeCool mentioned :rofl: 

22 minutes ago, AnK said:

Gold edition is 6500 compared to 4k of Normal lol 

At this point it makes more sense to buy disc version for 4k play it as long as on last gen & then sell it for whatever & buy Nextgen version when it goes on discount on season sale 

I’ll end up actually saving a lot more than the “saving” JoeCool mentioned :rofl: 

Question is, will anyone buy a title without campaign. People might sell it soon after buying it though, if they think mp is not for them 

Edited by radicaldude

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

Question is, will anyone buy a title without campaign. People might sell it soon after buying it though, if they think mp is not for them 

Why not? Question is, why are they buying it if MP is not for them?

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

If this game is even a fraction of as fun & popular as BFBC2,BF3,BF4 

there will be a lot of takers for cheap second hand disc 

Edit:- No point comparing it to yearly games like sports & cod titles 

Edited by AnK

I'll wait for some more gameplay, or a demo.

But most probably it'll be my gift to me on my bday :P

Also, regarding the loot boxes, during some hearing in congress I think, some EA rep referred to it as 'surprise mechanics'. By that logic, the hack that happened last week was also a 'surprise mechanic'. 

27 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Many did the same when blops 4 launched in india. 

Maybe initial hype (trailer, another game in battlefield series etc). 

So? Why is that any different from an SP only game which people buy and then sell because they decide it's not for them?

Point is, this is like any other game; SP/MP doesn't matter. If you think the price is steep or if the MP isn't for you, don't buy it.

7 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

So? Why is that any different from an SP only game which people buy and then sell because they decide it's not for them?

Point is, this is like any other game; SP/MP doesn't matter. If you think the price is steep or if the MP isn't for you, don't buy it.

Exactly. Some people realise this after buying and experiencing the game as most games don't have demos these days.

Same thing happened with blops 4 as well. People bought into the hype and later ended up selling the discs at cheaper rates. Anyone who is interested in mp and doesn't want to shell out 4k can make use of that. 

This is what I meant in my original post that you quoted. 

Edited by radicaldude

7 hours ago, AnK said:

Please give it to me in writing that it’s going to be available with EA Play in “few months” 

It was coming to GamesPass on Day 1 

Elden Ring was coming to GamesPass on Day 1 

RE8 was coming to GamesPass on day1 

Biomutant was coming to GamesPass on day1 

Dying Light 2 was coming to GamesPass on day1 (infact they were buying studio) 

Tumhare chakkar mai raha toh koi dhang ki cheez nahi khareed paunga bas Dirt,Outriders,MLB Aur Back4Blood mai hillaunga :rofl: 

All BF games in EA play. It will come after few months thats gurantee. Every EA game gets added into EA play vault.

And EA will put in their own service not game pass but XGP owners can access EA play games coz there's a partnership between MS and EA.

But if you excited for BF and want it dayone then you know what to do. Lol 

Edited by WhiteWolf

6 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

All BF games in EA play. It will come after few months thats gurantee. Every EA game gets added into EA play vault.

And EA will put in their own service not game pass but XGP owners can access EA play games coz there's a partnership between MS and EA.

But if you excited for BF and want it dayone then you know what to do. Lol 

Directly get ea pro. Why go through a middleman