Battlefield 2042

hazard12345

Just now, rushaboswal said:

I hope its good man. Overwatch was also good but they killed it in recent years with bad updates.

Its with all the games now days... play the game when it launches or in vanilla stage... they start screwing things up when they start to add monetization to it.

Coming back to Battlefield 2042... have they made the game F2P yet? or any date when they are going to do that?

Apex killed BFV for me. 3 years and 2000+hours later I still enjoy playing Apex alot. 

Meanwhile, BF just falls deeper even when it seems they can't get any lower, shame, I was quite hyped when the trailer dropped. 

3 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Apex killed BFV for me. 3 years and 2000+hours later I still enjoy playing Apex alot. 

Meanwhile, BF just falls deeper even when it seems they can't get any lower, shame, I was quite hyped when the trailer dropped. 

Apex is Battle Royale. Wish it had traditional pvp modes.

Just now, Agent 47 said:

Apex is Battle Royale. Wish it had traditional pvp modes.

Sure, it's not the same as BF, that was unique. But Apex was enough to scratch that Multiplayer itch. 

Apart from BR, Apex already has Arena mode (3v3), this upcoming season they're adding control mode (9v9).

9 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Sadly same. Battlefield is one of a kind and was perfect for me. Sad to see the series fell off so much. 

True . Same here 

8 hours ago, KrIzAliD said:

dont worry overwatch 2 is coming :P

Have a strong feeling that it'll crash and burn real hard :P

• 2 weeks later...

EA has finally acknowledged the disappointing launch of Battlefield 2042 in its latest internal 'Town Hall' meeting call, held today, February 15. These quarterly calls aim to provide company-wide key updates on the business by looking at the past, present, and future.

One of the biggest takeaways from the call held today was the huge focus on Battlefield 2042. EA execs spent over 20 minutes discussing what went wrong with the launch, and also how the company sees the future of both Battlefield 2042 and the Battlefield franchise going forward.

As mentioned in my earlier "BATTLEFIELD 2042 - WTF HAPPENED" video (above), one factor was the Frostbite engine and, due to its old tech, the massive update it went through in order to power Battlefield 2042. From my own reports, this alone took over 18 months of development time and Miele addressed the engine upgrade by saying "All new tech, it was basically a new engine. They went back. The Frostbite version they were on was so old they had to go back and update. So it was basically putting the game on a new engine."

Another major reason for the failure of Battlefield 2042 put forward by management, and which shouldn't be a surprise, is the work from home environment that many in the industry are currently faced with. On this, Miele said "Add up all of this new innovation, all of this ambition for the new project, and then you add a global pandemic halfway into the project, where the game teams had to work from home, we ended up with more new variables in development than we have ever experienced before."

Following the game's launch, DICE rolled out its Day 1 and Day 0 patches to get the bug count down further. On this, Miele continued and said that Battlefield 2042's launch and patches meant "the game was stable" and "the early critical reception was good". However, according to EA, things took a turn, and that turn was clears throat, the surprise release of Halo: Infinite multiplayer (I wish I was joking).

According to Miele, the comparison between both games was not favourable because Halo Infinite was a very polished title whereas Battlefield 2042 contained bugs and wasn't as polished.

On the bugs and performance, EA acknowledged that the company has historically had bug issues with DICE games at launch, and that the bug count for Battlefield 2042 did fall into the range that they would have expected when compared to other launches. So, it was believed that the issues would be manageable, with Miele reiterating Andrew Wilson's comments from EA's latest quarterly earnings call, saying that "DICE historically is very good at adapting games in live service, connecting with players, connecting with the community and getting the game to the place that the players expect."

However, Miele acknowledged that player expectations have changed when it comes to live service games and that it wasn't the right choice to remain anchored to the company's standards in comparison to previous DICE games.

Yeah, no sh*t EA :roflroll::roflroll::roflroll:

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Tried the game thanks to PS+, had ignored it after the mid demo and horrible launch state.

Seems like they've fixed a lot of things, class system is neat too.

Unfortunately, have to keep cross-play on to get full matches.

• 6 months later...

Killed a chopper with a rocket launcher.

Those days…..

The game is quite good now….wonder why it’s still so dead!!

On PSplus…on GamesPass..on EAplay but still hard to find a server with decent ping.

Developers should just learn to let it bake properly before releasing….such a killer app game & no one is even bothering.

Edited by AnK