Tales of Arise

Mysteryman

EzscKRUXsAMvojl?format=jpg&name=large

Tales of Arise is an upcoming action role-playing game developed and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment. The seventeenth main entry in the Tales series.  The game follows two people from the opposing worlds of Dahna and Rena.

Developer:  Bandai Namco Studios

Publisher: Bandai Namco Entertainment

Producer: Yusuke Tomizawa

Platform(s): 

Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One

Release: September 10, 2021

Genre: Action role-playing

Edited by Mysteryman

So excited for this. Look at the gorgeous envirnments trailer

Looks abslutely amazing. So happy to see they finally abandoned the bland MMO-esque environemnts and graphics of Tales of Zestiria and Berseria. It's been a very long time since we got a new proper Tales game, and I'm really excited for this. Playing Tales of Xillia 2 on PS3 for Tales nostalagia and loving it!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Opening Anime to Tales of Arise

It's done by UFOTable, the same guys who did the Dmon Slayer, Fate/Unlimited Blade Works, Fate/Zero etc. animes. They are one of the best anime makers in the industry.

I'm hyped for this game. Hope it comes out soon!!

Edited by roun90

Any idea whether Vesperia or Berseria might be a better introduction to Tales before picking up this game?

Arise caught my attention since the world design looks more reminiscent of Xenoblade than previous Tales of games.

Pretty excited!

20 minutes ago, petey said:

Any idea whether Vesperia or Berseria might be a better introduction to Tales before picking up this game?

Arise caught my attention since the world design looks more reminiscent of Xenoblade than previous Tales of games.

Pretty excited!

Berseria combat is grabage tbh, or maybe i didn't like it.

Zestiria is pretty good. Vesperia yet to try

2 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Berseria combat is grabage tbh, or maybe i didn't like it.

Zestiria is pretty good. Vesperia yet to try

Huh, that's a first. Everyone on the internet seems to hate Zestiria and love Berseria; not sure if it's for the combat or story.

Hence why I was choosing between Berseria and Vesperia. lol

I welcome contrarian opinions since I subscribe to a bunch of them myself (skyward sword > botw). :D

Will give Zesteria a fair shake as well then.

Edited by petey

@petey I would suggest skip all Tales games now and play Arise directly. All Tales are stand-alone, so you should be able to start directly from Arise.

Also avoid Zestiria. They went with an MMO Map/formula, and it's boring. In fact, both Zestiria and Berseria are OK at best and boring at worst. Avoid for now. Vesperia is good, but it's a PS3/360 remaster, so you might not enjoy it.

My advice would be to just start Tales of Arise. It looks great.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Yes

Source? Is it up for pre-order anywhere?

9 hours ago, roun90 said:

@petey I would suggest skip all Tales games now and play Arise directly. All Tales are stand-alone, so you should be able to start directly from Arise.

Also avoid Zestiria. They went with an MMO Map/formula, and it's boring. In fact, both Zestiria and Berseria are OK at best and boring at worst. Avoid for now. Vesperia is good, but it's a PS3/360 remaster, so you might not enjoy it.

My advice would be to just start Tales of Arise. It looks great.

I see... I might just do that depending on how busy I am leading up to release. ?

I don't mind PS360 generation games at all, I still routinely play PS1 games. :P

Edited by petey