Tales of Arise

Mysteryman

This game is certainly a looker. The overworld areas remind me a lot of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 in terms of design, but with much better graphics. 

Ended up playing 9 hours straight today before battery gave up. Can't wait for morning to start the game, too bad there is a planned power cut in my society from 11 am to 3pm tomorrow:fear:

Edited by playstationdude

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, playstationdude said:

I just played the main campaign, took me 37-38 hours. Very few side quests done, mostly those that were easily available in nearby areas.

I was hoping for similar length to dragon quest 11 which took me 200+ hours :P

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, roun90 said:

Imagine beating out Scarlet Nexus - which was heralded as one of the greatest RPG games of the year lol. Not that they mind I think - since both are theirs. Friendly competition between internal teams.

Idk who said this but it's just 80/100 critics and user score 7.7/10. Now i don't go by the numbers but i have it for a month now downloaded via game pass but somehow i don't get the urge to start it, maybe I'll give it a go soon. But the amount of stuff catered to anime fans and action combat fans in general makes tales of arise one of the best games of this gen. Now only if it gets a GOTY with DLC content then it would be swell. I am actually looking for the hootle edition of this game, but can't find it :cry:

15 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Idk who said this but it's just 80/100 critics and user score 7.7/10. Now i don't go by the numbers but i have it for a month now downloaded via game pass but somehow i don't get the urge to start it, maybe I'll give it a go soon. But the amount of stuff catered to anime fans and action combat fans in general makes tales of arise one of the best games of this gen. Now only if it gets a GOTY with DLC content then it would be swell. I am actually looking for the hootle edition of this game, but can't find it :cry:

It's combat is really great. In some cases, better than Tales of Arise even. You are juggling and chaining seamlessly so many different and unique powers that it's really fun. This is something that you will not get from the anime. Not to mention the animations in the anime are horrible. It takes away from what is a really great story. If you've not yet started Scarlet Nexus, I urge you to play it.

Did you at least get the digital edition of ToA btw? It was on sale in steam until just a couple of days ago. Along with regional pricing - it went quite cheap.

1 minute ago, roun90 said:

It's combat is really great. In some cases, better than Tales of Arise even. You are juggling and chaining seamlessly so many different and unique powers that it's really fun. This is something that you will not get from the anime. Not to mention the animations in the anime are horrible. It takes away from what is a really great story. If you've not yet started Scarlet Nexus, I urge you to play it.

Did you at least get the digital edition of ToA btw? It was on sale in steam until just a couple of days ago. Along with regional pricing - it went quite cheap.

Not a PC gamer, my specs are 6 year old 6700k and a GTX970, so it won't run well on the oled since i wanna experience the game in 4k. With PC I'll get 1080p on my monitor and in general with my specs, i love this game so don't mind buying full price, just need the new console and will buy a standard edition if we don't get GOTY, i only buy physical for the games i love, and if the purple boxart was available for this game, i'd have baught one already, the one that you see here has a generic boxart.

On 12/10/2021 at 11:19 AM, roun90 said:

Imagine beating out Scarlet Nexus - which was heralded as one of the greatest RPG games of the year lol. Not that they mind I think - since both are theirs. Friendly competition between internal teams.

Scarlet nexus was fun and all but it was so grindy at times. The combat sure was fun. I'm waiting for Tales of Arise to go on discount to finally play it.