Tales of Arise

Mysteryman

41 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Link to website ? Any idea of hootle edition ?

This is the website but he hasnt listed it yet it seems. I checked on whatsapp and he had the pics. Maybe message him and ask.

https://mx2games.com/

His whatsapp number is on the site itself, you can check directly.

48 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

This is the website but he hasnt listed it yet it seems. I checked on whatsapp and he had the pics. Maybe message him and ask.

https://mx2games.com/

His whatsapp number is on the site itself, you can check directly.

After prepaidgamecard fiasco i feel worried about whatsapp buying process, these sellers hold you ransom by disgusting ways.

Judging by the reddit response these people also have shady working of COD, they force you to pay cash first.

I'll avoid them, also i wonder like how a user in these reviews mentions, how do they get rare editions like GoT steelbook etc ? Normal ecom sellers don't have those, and he could easily list tales of arise CE on website but the way he is selling via whatsapp seems like a fraud waiting to happen considering CE price.

1 hour ago, NitroNeo said:

After prepaidgamecard fiasco i feel worried about whatsapp buying process, these sellers hold you ransom by disgusting ways.

Judging by the reddit response these people also have shady working of COD, they force you to pay cash first.

I'll avoid them, also i wonder like how a user in these reviews mentions, how do they get rare editions like GoT steelbook etc ? Normal ecom sellers don't have those, and he could easily list tales of arise CE on website but the way he is selling via whatsapp seems like a fraud waiting to happen considering CE price.

I have purchased my switch oled among other items from them. No issue so far so cant complain.

Anyone who is playing this, is there a way to buy costumes with in game currency ? I just love how the devs have made the costumes so eye candy, and to get full anime experience i would love to dress the guys like combat butlers and the women like schoolgirls. If that can only be done by purchasing packs with real money then I'm leaning more towards the ultimate edition than a physical disc purchase which is going around for Rs.4300/- and i don't think it's priced well since in most countries standard version has dropped to Rs.2800/-

Anyone who is playing this, is there a way to buy costumes with in game currency ? I just love how the devs have made the costumes so eye candy, and to get full anime experience i would love to dress the guys like combat butlers and the women like schoolgirls. If that can only be done by purchasing packs with real money then I'm leaning more towards the ultimate edition than a physical disc purchase which is going around for Rs.4300/- and i don't think it's priced well since in most countries standard version has dropped to Rs.2800/-

No way to buy costumes with in-game money. The only free costumes (rather attachments) they game for free was for pre-orders. I doubt you will be able to get those anymore. Rest of it - you have to buy with IRL money.

Costumes are also not just cosmetic. Each costume also unlock an additional title. The problem is - in this game, titles work as skill trees. So you will have special gameplay abilities/stats granted by the titles that are unlocked along with the costumes. The costumes also come with BGM AFAIK.

If you like costumes - go for the ultimate edition. Buying each separately will ultimately cost more than getting the Ultimate Edition.

Also, since you are just starting this game, a word of advice: In the very first area, you will find a lot of Orange Gels (Items that restore MP/CP). Hoard them like water in a desert. After you finish the first area - you will not find them again until you are in the 3rd area mid/end. You will fight multiple bosses, including some very hard ones before you reach the Orange Gel vendor. Worse, they are prohibitively expensive even when you reach the 3rd area where shops will sell it. CP here is used for healing (all party members share a common pool of CP). Magic spells/artes don't cost MP/CP. But any healing you/your party members do (Other than from items) will cost CP. Don't be like me and get stuck with hard battles without any MP recovering items. Also, Battles in this game don't give Gil/Gold. It's whatever you find in chests and get from quests. That's it.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, roun90 said:

No way to buy costumes with in-game money. The only free costumes (rather attachments) they game for free was for pre-orders. I doubt you will be able to get those anymore. Rest of it - you have to buy with IRL money.

Costumes are also not just cosmetic. Each costume also unlock an additional title. The problem is - in this game, titles work as skill trees. So you will have special gameplay abilities/stats granted by the titles that are unlocked along with the costumes. The costumes also come with BGM AFAIK.

If you like costumes - go for the ultimate edition. Buying each separately will ultimately cost more than getting the Ultimate Edition.

Also, since you are just starting this game, a word of advice: In the very first area, you will find a lot of Orange Gels (Items that restore MP/CP). Hoard them like water in a desert. After you finish the first area - you will not find them again until you are in the 3rd area mid/end. You will fight multiple bosses, including some very hard ones before you reach the Orange Gel vendor. Worse, they are prohibitively expensive even when you reach the 3rd area where shops will sell it. CP here is used for healing (all party members share a common pool of CP). Magic spells/artes don't cost MP/CP. But any healing you/your party members do (Other than from items) will cost CP. Don't be like me and get stuck with hard battles without any MP recovering items. Also, Battles in this game don't give Gil/Gold. It's whatever you find in chests and get from quests. That's it.

More inclined towards the ultimate edition, will it be on sale anytime soon, people online urging to wait for sale. Though this year since Black friday, i don't see many AAA games going on sales, even now only AC Valhalla is offering a good deal on gold edition, other big games don't have any discounts.

20 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

More inclined towards the ultimate edition, will it be on sale anytime soon, people online urging to wait for sale. Though this year since Black friday, i don't see many AAA games going on sales, even now only AC Valhalla is offering a good deal on gold edition, other big games don't have any discounts.

Best bet is to see if there is Christmas/New Year sale. I don't think there are any other "guaranteed" sale dates. If you are OK with PC version, then you can get the Ultimate Edition for Rs 3499 on Steam (50% of the PS4/PS5 price), thanks to regional pricing (Non-sale price).

8 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Best bet is to see if there is Christmas/New Year sale. I don't think there are any other "guaranteed" sale dates. If you are OK with PC version, then you can get the Ultimate Edition for Rs 3499 on Steam (50% of the PS4/PS5 price), thanks to regional pricing (Non-sale price).

Won't go for PC, my hardware might be capable, but idk earning trophies is kinda addicting, also my OS and card are old I'd have to go through the hassle of driver management etc

I'm fine getting some discount like UE for Rs. 5.5k something

26 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Won't go for PC, my hardware might be capable, but idk earning trophies is kinda addicting, also my OS and card are old I'd have to go through the hassle of driver management etc

I'm fine getting some discount like UE for Rs. 5.5k something

Then best bet is to wait till close of 25th and hope that there is a sale (Current end of the year deals does not have it). If it's any consolation - we are getting it cheaper than US ($109.99 = INR 8360) and Asia (HK$ 849 = INR 8271/Thai Baht 3734 = INR 8518) or even UK (74.99 Pound = 7550.83 INR). So in a way, we do have regional price - just not enough to compare to PC version.

Also, do note that the Ultimate Edition does not have everything. There is 1 piece of DLC that came much later. That is the SAO Collaboration Pack (Which has some new quests tying up with Sword Art Online and some costumes from that). That is not included in the Ultimate Edition AFAIL. It has to be purchased separately for around 1200 INR afaik. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Then best bet is to wait till close of 25th and hope that there is a sale (Current end of the year deals does not have it). If it's any consolation - we are getting it cheaper than US ($109.99 = INR 8360) and Asia (HK$ 849 = INR 8271/Thai Baht 3734 = INR 8518) or even UK (74.99 Pound = 7550.83 INR). So in a way, we do have regional price - just not enough to compare to PC version.

Also, do note that the Ultimate Edition does not have everything. There is 1 piece of DLC that came much later. That is the SAO Collaboration Pack (Which has some new quests tying up with Sword Art Online and some costumes from that). That is not included in the Ultimate Edition AFAIL. It has to be purchased separately for around 1200 INR afaik. 

Yeah that is why i was waiting for a GOTY to get SAO stuff, asked on reddit but the users think jrpg games don;t get goty and think there is little chance for this :cry:

Yeah that is why i was waiting for a GOTY to get SAO stuff, asked on reddit but the users think jrpg games don;t get goty and think there is little chance for this :cry:

Nah! I highly doubt you will get a GOTY Edition for this. The SAO DLC is a very minor one, with just some 1-2 quests. If it was some expansion packs - I can understand. But this game has no expansion packs or even Season Pass for major DLCs. I told you the costumes unlocked some gameplay abilities. But they are in no way needed. DE and UE are more like costume passes. The game is very well balanced around people just playing the Standard Edition. So Ultimate Edition is all we will probably ever get (And remember, if you buy Standard - there is no way to upgrade to Ultimate; it's purchase all DLCs separately).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, roun90 said:

@NitroNeo Tales of Arise is on sale now! You can get the Ultimate Edition for Rs 4479 on PSN. It's 30% off due to January Sale on PS5!!

Yes got it yesterday along with a couple of other digitals, check what you bought thread, hope people here play some of those games on psn MP

PSA, As roun90 said January sale is on and here are the pricing of this gem of a GOTY masterpiece

Tales of arise ps4/ps5 standard - Rs.2799/-
Tales of arise ps4/ps5 Deluxe - Rs.3989/-
Tales of arise ps4/ps5 ultimate - Rs.4479/-

For the prices best deals is ultimate and standard if you don't care for costume and some perks for game progress. Deluxe for the current offers is a needless buy.

On 12/18/2021 at 2:16 PM, roun90 said:

Started the game and made it to the first campsite before calling it a day, this is the first camp Alphen, Shionne and Zephyr set after escaping the mines, so now I'd like to ask where is this area, i explored prior areas but only found apple gal and some ore that i mined where the big golem thing was located.