Tales of Arise

Mysteryman

Btw the graphics are just phenomenal, even for a PS5 I'm blown away, the particle effects are so good, so so good, action sequences in cutscenes which are animated still had dualsense rumble so it was really pleasant to be immersed in new ways with action, maybe this has been done before but it's a first for me as i never kept vibration on until i used the dualsense.

If you own a oled or high end qled, then absolutely play this game, the story is engrossing and really a welcome change from regular typical games, the protagonists don't seem heroic from get go but feel everyday people like us who find themselves lead by their cause towards something greater.

See so many particle effects on screen, from burning trees resembling the wildfire damages we see in real to burning lava or rivers of oil/fuel whatever that is, to anyone who is new to anime rpgs, it's a real treat on the eyes as it is in so many other departments.

20211224-224402.jpg

20211224-224713.jpg

20211224-224754.jpg

It might take two when it didn't even deserve one but This game on the other hand is fukin GOTY, it was a crime not including it in GOTY list if not downright GOTY just because it's anime.

9 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

Started the game and made it to the first campsite before calling it a day, this is the first camp Alphen, Shionne and Zephyr set after escaping the mines, so now I'd like to ask where is this area, i explored prior areas but only found apple gal and some ore that i mined where the big golem thing was located.

When I say first area - I mean up till the first area Renan lord/Boss. You will get Orange Gel only in treasure chests. I don't think you can farm them from mobs. There is quite a bit - but you will have to explore and open chests.

BTW if you like Calaglia (The 1st Lord area), wait till you see the others. They are going to blow your mind. Calaglia is the most drab and unimpressive of the entire lot lol.

When I say first area - I mean up till the first area Renan lord/Boss. You will get Orange Gel only in treasure chests. I don't think you can farm them from mobs. There is quite a bit - but you will have to explore and open chests.

BTW if you like Calaglia (The 1st Lord area), wait till you see the others. They are going to blow your mind. Calaglia is the most drab and unimpressive of the entire lot lol.
The level of detail and graphics are so damn good not juspt for an anime game but next gen AAA game. The BGM for the slave mines and the environment reminds me of star wars and yet it's so unique to this anime lore. The devs did an amazing job of making the game comfortable for those who aren't familiar with anime by making it just approachable to something they are familiar with. Yet the story and characters are unique and so anime you can't replicate this without having the anime setting.

The most quality of life thing i love is the player indicator on map points to the place where my camera is facing but the torchlight on the indicator points where my character is looking. Wow just wow. Such an amazing feature i needed.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, ΨΨ babloos ΨΨ said:

Series X or ps5 which version to get?

Both versions are the exact same. If I had to recommend though - I would recommend the PS5 version. Simply because PS5 is more prevelant here, and you will be able to resell the PS5 version later down the line for better value.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 9/15/2023 at 4:51 AM, Heaven Angel said:

Tales of Arise – Beyond the Dawn, an expansion to the fan-favorite RPG coming November 9.

Very nice, they earlier said there won't be an expansion! Nice to see it! Day 1 buy!