Tales of Arise

Mysteryman

1 hour ago, petey said:

Source? Is it up for pre-order anywhere?

I see... I might just do that depending on how busy I am leading up to release. ?

I don't mind PS360 generation games at all, I still routinely play PS1 games. :P

Mcube will get it for sure, probably in very limited quantities if others dont put it up as with Scarlet Nexus and Ys9. Im gonna grab it as soon as they list it. I think preorders should be live by end of the month.

7 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Mcube will get it for sure, probably in very limited quantities if others dont put it up as with Scarlet Nexus and Ys9. Im gonna grab it as soon as they list it. I think preorders should be live by end of the month.

Ah okay, yeah Mcube will import it for sure, but no official release confirmed I guess.

I hope there is one.

Literally my most anticipated game of the year! Series noob but everything about this looks wonderful. The recent previews were also very promising.

I don't like buying discs but that disc cover art is just freakin perfect, very tempting

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, radicaldude said:

How is tales of vesperia? (X360)

It's a great game. There is a definitive edition on PS4/Xbox One/PC. But I would advise you not to play it at this time. It's dated for those people who are not used to playing old games/old JRPGs. Not to mention, you will get burned out just before Tales of Arise comes out. Story-wise though, all are independent stories, so you can pick up any title in any order.

6 minutes ago, roun90 said:

It's a great game. There is a definitive edition on PS4/Xbox One/PC. But I would advise you not to play it at this time. It's dated for those people who are not used to playing old games/old JRPGs. Not to mention, you will get burned out just before Tales of Arise comes out. Story-wise though, all are independent stories, so you can pick up any title in any order.

I have heard it has real time combat, like ff7?

Do you rate FF higher (in general) to tales series.?

36 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

I have heard it has real time combat, like ff7?

Do you rate FF higher (in general) to tales series.?

It has Real Time Combat all right. But it's not like FF7R. FF7R is a hybrid of real time and turn based. For example, if you want to use a spell or ability - the game pauses. That is a huge component of Turn Based Combat. 

Tales Games are pure real time combat. The game is not turn based at all. It will not pause while you decide what ability to use. You will have to do combos and keep on going with the fight.

The thing is, Tales of Vesperia's combat is still out-dated. There has been a ton of improvements made since the PS3/X360 days. Not to mention all the PS3/PS4/X360/XOne games are made in a really boring engine, and Tales of Arise is using UE4 and it looks really good. I would really say just play Tales of Arise directly, and if you like it - only then go for the older ones. Not the other way around. It will give you a wrong idea of the series.

@playstationdude No. It depends on the title. The best of the Tales Games are still far better than the worst of the FF Games. For example, Tales of Symphonia/Vesperia/Berseria etc. has far better stories than FF13/FF15 etc.

Edited by roun90

11 minutes ago, roun90 said:

It has Real Time Combat all right. But it's not like FF7R. FF7R is a hybrid of real time and turn based. For example, if you want to use a spell or ability - the game pauses. That is a huge component of Turn Based Combat. 

Tales Games are pure real time combat. The game is not turn based at all. It will not pause while you decide what ability to use. You will have to do combos and keep on going with the fight.

The thing is, Tales of Vesperia's combat is still out-dated. There has been a ton of improvements made since the PS3/X360 days. Not to mention all the PS3/PS4/X360/XOne games are made in a really boring engine, and Tales of Arise is using UE4 and it looks really good. I would really say just play Tales of Arise directly, and if you like it - only then go for the older ones. Not the other way around. It will give you a wrong idea of the series.

@playstationdude No. It depends on the title. The best of the Tales Games are still far better than the worst of the FF Games. For example, Tales of Symphonia/Vesperia/Berseria etc. has far better stories than FF13/FF15 etc.

I've played most of them (FF and Tales), so Imo FF games have a better story. Talking about FF1-9 only