Jump to content

Tales of Arise


Mysteryman
 Share

Recommended Posts

Yeah! f**k it, placed my order today.
 
The wait is unbearable :samui:
Where i can't find it anywhere online.

Also anyone got a idea which edition allows free ps4 to ps5 upgrade?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NitroNeo said:

Where i can't find it anywhere online.

Also anyone got a idea which edition allows free ps4 to ps5 upgrade?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
 

Don’t get it. all editions including The base/standard edition has the upgrade. AFAIK, only mcube is selling the physical editions. 

Edited by Mysteryman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NitroNeo said:

Where i can't find it anywhere online.

Also anyone got a idea which edition allows free ps4 to ps5 upgrade?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
 

 

All editions allow PS4 and PS5 versions both AFAIK. The only difference between the versions are some exclusive costumes and items like Health Restore Items, MP Restore etc. The devs have even confirmed there will be no story DLCs. You can get the standard version for this game and be set.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@playstationdude @NitroNeo @Mysteryman You guys got your physical editions yet? Enjoying it? Personally I just reached the 3rd area and the game is just so good. Amazing gameplay, and I just love the story. Also, despite the pop-ins, the game is absolutely beautiful.

 

On 9/10/2021 at 6:04 PM, Joe Cool said:

No UW and no FoV settings but so many DLCs. zzzzzzz

 

Frankly, this is the best way to do DLCs. Absolutely 0% of the DLCs are needed. The game is balanced around having absolutely none of the DLCs and the combat provides a great and fair challenge.

 

The entire "DLC" list is for those who are intentionally looking to break the game and snooze through it - while at the same time boasting/claiming they finished in "Hard" mode or "Chaos" Mode. The easy and story modes are still there for those who find the game too hard. Hard/Chaos mode can also be done without DLCs if someone plays the game properly and does the tactics correctly. No story is locked behind DLC and no trophy is locked behind it as well. The other set of DLCs are the costumes - and those are also not fitting with the story. For example, if you want to wear swimsuits (While travelling in icy Cyslodia) or school uniforms or costumes from other games like Tekken etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, roun90 said:

Frankly, this is the best way to do DLCs. Absolutely 0% of the DLCs are needed. The game is balanced around having absolutely none of the DLCs and the combat provides a great and fair challenge.

 

The entire "DLC" list is for those who are intentionally looking to break the game and snooze through it - while at the same time boasting/claiming they finished in "Hard" mode or "Chaos" Mode. The easy and story modes are still there for those who find the game too hard. Hard/Chaos mode can also be done without DLCs if someone plays the game properly and does the tactics correctly. No story is locked behind DLC and no trophy is locked behind it as well. The other set of DLCs are the costumes - and those are also not fitting with the story. For example, if you want to wear swimsuits (While travelling in icy Cyslodia) or school uniforms or costumes from other games like Tekken etc.

 

It's pathetic they put in work to make these useless DLCs while forgetting key options like FoV & UW support for PC. Users have to use 3rd party tool to fix it as usual. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

 

It's pathetic they put in work to make these useless DLCs while forgetting key options like FoV & UW support for PC. Users have to use 3rd party tool to fix it as usual. 

 

I doubt it was an 'this or that' scenario. If they wanted to give those options for PC, they would have given regardless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

[mention=882]playstationdude[/mention] [mention=9246]NitroNeo[/mention] [mention=2201]Mysteryman[/mention] You guys got your physical editions yet? Enjoying it? Personally I just reached the 3rd area and the game is just so good. Amazing gameplay, and I just love the story. Also, despite the pop-ins, the game is absolutely beautiful.
 
 
Frankly, this is the best way to do DLCs. Absolutely 0% of the DLCs are needed. The game is balanced around having absolutely none of the DLCs and the combat provides a great and fair challenge.
 
The entire "DLC" list is for those who are intentionally looking to break the game and snooze through it - while at the same time boasting/claiming they finished in "Hard" mode or "Chaos" Mode. The easy and story modes are still there for those who find the game too hard. Hard/Chaos mode can also be done without DLCs if someone plays the game properly and does the tactics correctly. No story is locked behind DLC and no trophy is locked behind it as well. The other set of DLCs are the costumes - and those are also not fitting with the story. For example, if you want to wear swimsuits (While travelling in icy Cyslodia) or school uniforms or costumes from other games like Tekken etc.
On which console are you playing on? I can't find the physical edition anywhere i am a boxart collector and this sucks.

Really wish they launch the owl edition here love it.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

 

It's pathetic they put in work to make these useless DLCs while forgetting key options like FoV & UW support for PC. Users have to use 3rd party tool to fix it as usual. 

 

I don't think any "Work" was put on those DLCs at all. Like I said - the game is not balanced around those DLCs. Which literally means - you can use a Cheat Engine/Cheat Trainer and get those exact same results that the DLC gives. Those DLCs are game-breakers. The monetization department literally just used a Cheat Engine and sold those things as official "DLCs", especially so console players can get to play cheats. Same for the costumes. They are mods with some added skills attached, but with none of the balancing required to call it a proper "DLC".

 

Look at the DLC List -

 

1) Gain Mllion Gil (Gold) instantly

2) Gain 10 levels instantly

3) Gain 1000-2000 SP (Skill Points)

4) Add items to inventory

5) Gain double exp, SP etc.

6) Mod Costumes

 

All classic Cheat Trainer stuff, especially without the game balance revolving around buying those. An intern probably did that in his/her free time.

 

FoV and UW - yes those are oversights. But I'm sure an official patch will come in soon, and till then a basic mod can be made for those - just like Nier Automata.

 

10 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

On which console are you playing on? I can't find the physical edition anywhere emoji24.png i am a boxart collector and this sucks.

Really wish they launch the owl edition here love it.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
 

 

PS5 Digital. I kind of lost faith in getting such games Physical copy here. Even Scarlet Nexus had the exact same problem, with only the standard edition physical edition coming to India months after release, unofficially. That too in such a small quantity that it sold out almost immediately. No restocks as well. It was as though it might have not been released here at all.

Edited by roun90
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, roun90 said:

@playstationdude @NitroNeo @Mysteryman You guys got your physical editions yet? Enjoying it? Personally I just reached the 3rd area and the game is just so good. Amazing gameplay, and I just love the story. Also, despite the pop-ins, the game is absolutely beautiful.

 

 

Frankly, this is the best way to do DLCs. Absolutely 0% of the DLCs are needed. The game is balanced around having absolutely none of the DLCs and the combat provides a great and fair challenge.

 

The entire "DLC" list is for those who are intentionally looking to break the game and snooze through it - while at the same time boasting/claiming they finished in "Hard" mode or "Chaos" Mode. The easy and story modes are still there for those who find the game too hard. Hard/Chaos mode can also be done without DLCs if someone plays the game properly and does the tactics correctly. No story is locked behind DLC and no trophy is locked behind it as well. The other set of DLCs are the costumes - and those are also not fitting with the story. For example, if you want to wear swimsuits (While travelling in icy Cyslodia) or school uniforms or costumes from other games like Tekken etc.

I didnt get it yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Finally. f**k game is amazing. 2021 has been pretty good for jrpgs so far.

 

You got the game just today? That's very late dude. Anyway congratz and enjoy the game. Just a tip -

 

You will get plenty of Orange Gel and Pineapple Gel drops in the very beginning of the game. Save it and Hoard it. Don't use Orange Gels much!! You will only be able to buy Orange Gels after you get to the 3rd area. If you run out of it before them - bad luck. You'll be out of healing in the middle of fights (If your CP Ends). Even after you reach the 3rd area - Orange Gels go for 3000 Gald/gel. It's very expensive (Considering you only get gald from side-quests and not random fights like all other games, and some side quests are very hard). Also keep your early level weapons. You will need them later down the line to craft more powerful gear. I didn't know this when I went in blind and suffered a lot of frustration as a result.

 

Anyway, congratz and enjoy the game!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...