Any tip or trick to score Arctis 7x in India?

sonuyos

22 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Liver works just as well.

Other than that no other way.

I got it for roughly 17k from USA with customs...it's still on way tho. Might vary a little.

1 hour ago, rushaboswal said:

How does having an IEC code help? i have one too.

If you have one then you should know. IEC code helps you getting correct customs instead of random or gift value that can be 41% or 78%

7 minutes ago, sonuyos said:

If you have one then you should know. IEC code helps you getting correct customs instead of random or gift value that can be 41% or 78%

Anything imported for personal use was used to be charged at upto 41% and then they increased that to 75%. But it still comes down to the assessor. My friends have been able to get by only 25% or even no duty on electronics worth upwards of $200.

I wasn't aware that Steelseries website does international shipping though, last time it didn't give me an option. So I assume you must have used that 10% off coupon and then everything would have been calculated and pre-charged to you.

If the Indian assessor charges it at less rate then you should get some money back and if she/he charges more then I don't think the courier partner will ask for more. These companies generally factor it all in.

31 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Anything imported for personal use was used to be charged at upto 41% and then they increased that to 75%. But it still comes down to the assessor. My friends have been able to get by only 25% or even no duty on electronics worth upwards of $200.

I wasn't aware that Steelseries website does international shipping though, last time it didn't give me an option. So I assume you must have used that 10% off coupon and then everything would have been calculated and pre-charged to you.

If the Indian assessor charges it at less rate then you should get some money back and if she/he charges more then I don't think the courier partner will ask for more. These companies generally factor it all in.

Not really. I ordered from them to my reshipper and now reshipper will send it. 9.5k for headset, 3k for shipping. 12.5k, at 50% it should be 6k ish. So around 17-18k or so...

2 minutes ago, sonuyos said:

Not really. I ordered from them to my reshipper and now reshipper will send it. 9.5k for headset, 3k for shipping. 12.5k, at 50% it should be 6k ish. So around 17-18k or so...

So then it will really depend on your luck and also on the value declared by your reshipper.

59 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

So then it will really depend on your luck and also on the value declared by your reshipper.

Is it luck when i have IEC? Its given on ICE Website that it will be ~50%

1 minute ago, HundredProofSam said:

I recently got an Audeze Penrose from the US. Since it was shipped to me by my cousin as a gift and without an invoice, customs charged at value of just $20 and marked it as “headphone”. I guess they could not find an accurate value for it since it isn’t listed on Amazon or FK. I ended up paying Rs 1,900 on a shipment that included the Penrose ($250) and a Philips Hue Sync Box ($200), although the Hue Box was without its original packaging so it escaped duties.

How is penrose? I was kinda interested in it but decided to get 7x with 1000xm4.

12 hours ago, sonuyos said:

I have one since 3 years , never did my CA told this so how am I supposed to know? Also I don't know any website that lets you put a IEC code! I think it's on the shipping partners website? 

Also If I have IEC code for exporting other goods than electronics I can still use it to import electronics?

2 hours ago, HundredProofSam said:

I really like it but I did also consider the Arctis Pro Wireless as well. I think you’re good whichever one you choose, but neither will match the XM4 for sound quality. That is just god tier.

Also with Penrose you can buy an additional dongle ($35-50) to add support for both Xbox and PS5.

I mean 28k + 4k for dongle, it's better to get XM4 + Arctis 7x after paying 38k, for 6k more you getting God tier headphones for Day to day life and God tier headphones for gaming.

1 hour ago, rushaboswal said:

I have one since 3 years , never did my CA told this so how am I supposed to know? Also I don't know any website that lets you put a IEC code! I think it's on the shipping partners website? 

Also If I have IEC code for exporting other goods than electronics I can still use it to import electronics?

Check at DGFT, you can select what you import and export. Usually it's all allowed except the one that you need special permission for.

As for using it, you might remember how couriers ask for KYC? ESPECIALLY when you are importing and it's stuck in customs? Thats when you upload your IEC certificate instead of aadhar or pan. IEC is either your aadhar number or GST number depending on your business type.

1 hour ago, HundredProofSam said:

Unfortunately there's no such thing as god tier gaming headphones for gaming. They're all pretty average and overpriced because "gaming".

28k for Penrose is the Headphonezone price. I got it for 18k (US preorder price) plus about 2k in customs. The dongle is optional but it adds both PS5 and XSX support in the same headset, which I don't think any other wireless headset offers.

From what I have heard Arctis 7x is the best thing for gaming. Be is any console or PC.