Any tip or trick to score Arctis 7x in India?

sonuyos

From what I have heard Arctis 7x is the best thing for gaming. Be is any console or PC.

Could you define what does best for gaming mean? Can you hear what your enemies are thinking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arctis 7x is the best value for money for people how have the XSX+PS5. It doesn't need any extra dongle to work cross platform. I was looking to pick it up as well... But it went out of stock and my friend came back to India by then. 

Now I've bit the bullet and bought the Logitech G Pro X wired for 13k. The DAC works only with PS5, have to plug them to the XSX controller for them to work, but sound quality either ways is decent. 

Will try and procure the Arctis 7x if & when travel opens up a little (I know, its going to be a long wait, but plus point, hopefully by then the Mrs would have forgotten i've already burnt ~200USD on 'gaming' headphones)

P.S - I love my XM3s!

Just now, psinide said:

Arctis 7x is the best value for money for people how have the XSX+PS5. It doesn't need any extra dongle to work cross platform. I was looking to pick it up as well... But it went out of stock and my friend came back to India by then. 

Now I've bit the bullet and bought the Logitech G Pro X wired for 13k. The DAC works only with PS5, have to plug them to the XSX controller for them to work, but sound quality either ways is decent. 

Will try and procure the Arctis 7x if & when travel opens up a little (I know, its going to be a long wait, but plus point, hopefully by then the Mrs would have forgotten i've already burnt ~200USD on 'gaming' headphones)

P.S - I love my XM3s!

I might sell mine (once i get them), lets see. i will open a trade if i do.

Just now, sonuyos said:

I might sell mine (once i get them), lets see. i will open a trade if i do.

Yours will be cost+duty at least, and the Mrs radar active right now, will need it to be on cooldown :P ... I'll probably wait for someone to come from the US to get them. Any reason you are planning to sell em so quickly?

43 minutes ago, psinide said:

Yours will be cost+duty at least, and the Mrs radar active right now, will need it to be on cooldown :P ... I'll probably wait for someone to come from the US to get them. Any reason you are planning to sell em so quickly?

I literally got XM4 today, and i am testing it, so might as well flip it for a k or 2.

Just now, sonuyos said:

I literally got XM4 today, and i am testing it, so might as well flip it for a k or 2.

But XM4 won't be wireless with Ps5 or XSX and there is a comparable difference between the sound output from the headphone jack vs wireless on consoles.

1 minute ago, KunjanPSD said:

But XM4 won't be wireless with Ps5 or XSX and there is a comparable difference between the sound output from the headphone jack vs wireless on consoles.

Yes, thats why waiting for testing and arctis 7x testing :P

Just now, sonuyos said:

Yes, thats why waiting for testing and arctis 7x testing :P

I have tested the XM4s on Ps5 and compared them to JBL Quantum 600s. The latter sounded so much better, not only because of the wireless but XM4 are really not tuned for gaming.

On 5/7/2021 at 2:55 PM, HundredProofSam said:

Unfortunately there's no such thing as god tier gaming headphones for gaming. They're all pretty average and overpriced because "gaming".

28k for Penrose is the Headphonezone price. I got it for 18k (US preorder price) plus about 2k in customs. The dongle is optional but it adds both PS5 and XSX support in the same headset, which I don't think any other wireless headset offers.

This is so true.

OP, take it from someone who spent a lot of money to get these "Gaming headphones". I bought Astro A40 TR + MixAmp Pro last year after a lot of research, since it was quintessential gaming gear for almost all streamers and pro CoD players. I can't tell you how big of a disappointment the headphones are, MixAmp has its use since it allows for a seamless integration with the console+PC, but the sound is utterly mediocre. I hooked up my 11 year old M50 to it, and they sounded far better than Astro headphones. 

I have barely used the headphone for couple of hours since I bought them, mainly due to sound and the weight (they are heavy). MixAmp is hooked up to PS4 via Optical and I barely use that console, so it's only use is simultaneous connection to PC allowing me to talk to people on Discord. With a PS5, I have to again look for alternatives. 

3 minutes ago, Kushagra said:

This is so true.

OP, take it from someone who spent a lot of money to get these "Gaming headphones". I bought Astro A40 TR + MixAmp Pro last year after a lot of research, since it was quintessential gaming gear for almost all streamers and pro CoD players. I can't tell you how big of a disappointment the headphones are, MixAmp has its use since it allows for a seamless integration with the console+PC, but the sound is utterly mediocre. I hooked up my 11 year old M50 to it, and they sounded far better than Astro headphones. 

I have barely used the headphone for couple of hours since I bought them, mainly due to sound and the weight (they are heavy). MixAmp is hooked up to PS4 via Optical and I barely use that console, so it's only use is simultaneous connection to PC allowing me to talk to people on Discord. With a PS5, I have to again look for alternatives. 

Oh well, worse case scenerio i ditch them here or someone else...Its more like an experiment for me.

2 hours ago, sonuyos said:

Oh well, worse case scenerio i ditch them here or someone else...Its more like an experiment for me.

7X are good. You won't get a better headset for gaming on consoles unless you find one which connects via usb or a dac.

1 minute ago, KunjanPSD said:

7X are good. You won't get a better headset for gaming on consoles unless you find one which connects via usb or a dac.

Let's see. They are supposed to be delivered at warehouse by 11th and then to be shipped from there on 12 or 13.

4 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

I've used XM4 wirelessly with the PS5 by connecting it to my TV, so it does work wirelessly with PS5 indirectly, but no mic.

I have done that too but then the TV doesn't respect game mode. I can still tolerate the increase in latency but you will still be restricted to BT4.2 bandwidth and also Ps5 doesn't output 3D audio to TV yet. The latter is much more noticeable to me than anything else.

1 hour ago, HundredProofSam said:

I've used XM4 wirelessly with the PS5 by connecting it to my TV, so it does work wirelessly with PS5 indirectly, but no mic.

I have LG CX and I xan do that too...but then it won't work with tempest 3D engine.

• 4 months later...

Apologize to revive this thread but since I am looking for the 7x which is no where to be found got 7p on Amazon, seems like a good deal for 18k.

Only question is can it work with Xbox controller in wired mode and would it sound really bad? I am set with PS5 just wanna be sure it will work with XsX as well

18 minutes ago, goldsmit409 said:

Apologize to revive this thread but since I am looking for the 7x which is no where to be found got 7p on Amazon, seems like a good deal for 18k.

Only question is can it work with Xbox controller in wired mode and would it sound really bad? I am set with PS5 just wanna be sure it will work with XsX as well

It will work in wired mode if it has a 3.5 cable.

I am not sure about the mic. That's a hit and miss because many wireless headphones route their mic through wireless only.

It wouldn't sound bad but won't sound as good as on your Ps5 as well.

7 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

It will work in wired mode if it has a 3.5 cable.

I am not sure about the mic. That's a hit and miss because many wireless headphones route their mic through wireless only.

It wouldn't sound bad but won't sound as good as on your Ps5 as well.

I believe a 3.5 cable is indeed in the box.

Regarding mic I really don't care since it is mostly single player games that I play.

Sound quality is the only thing over the wire that's making me anxious about the purchase.

To top it off there aren't any other option that may work with both console and God only knows why there's not stock for 7x in India or US Amazon for that matter.