Resident Evil VIIIage - Spoilers Thread

26 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Ethan is gone for good. He was made for these 2 spin offs. He may be present as flashback sequences though. But I doubt if they'll resurrect him 

And for the development of Rose’s background unlike the mysterious background of Jake “wesker” Muller

2 minutes ago, Vip3r said:

Like death of superman/wolverine/Sherlock Holmes actually was the death of superman etal. 

Well in Japanese folklore, they usually only have one timeline or a single story. In western folklore, they have several independent stories and different timelines in comics and movies. 

1 hour ago, Vip3r said:

Yes. Very likely maybe even Ethan as well.

Rarely main characters seem to die for good in this universe. 

Ethan can be a good false villain as we try to stop him and then the reveal and we switch over to him

58 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Ethan is gone for good. He was made for these 2 spin offs. He may be present as flashback sequences though. But I doubt if they'll resurrect him 

32 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Yeah that last line ‘Fathers Story is Now Over’ assures this, hope they stick to this..

He's in the after credits scene :roflroll:

1 minute ago, radicaldude said:

That's a photo mod discovery. 

Maybe left as a tease by the dev team

8 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

Holy sh*t. Photo mode is used. 

What a shitty joke. Father's story has ended and then this. 

Maybe this is just a placeholder or something. They got lazy with an NPC maybe 

Ps- so he has been visiting his grave often it seems. 

Edited by radicaldude

2 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

What a shitty joke. Father's story has ended and then this. 

Maybe this is just a placeholder or something. They got lazy with an NPC maybe 

Most likely his spirit watching his daughter. 

Edited by Mysteryman

6 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

. They got lazy with an NPC maybe 

Ps- so he has been visiting his grave often it seems. 

But then why reuse this specific asset?

There are tons of generic  models to use, but then why use that one in particular wherehe isn't wearing the jacket

4 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Japanese way of showing Rose's imagination at play. 

I know what it means, what I'm saying is that if they wanted a rando NPC, they could have chosen anyone, using the Ethan model means the def teasing something

Finished today

O9xgSnZ.jpg

My opinion on the game:

Overall, a decent game. Not much scary at all.

CastleThey tried a knockoff RE2 Remake Police station + Mr X with Castle, but it fails. Castle is bright, and the trash mobs go down pretty easily unlike RE2 zombies, so it's pretty easy. Lady D is also ridiculous and not comparable to Mr X at all. She's ridiculously slow, announces seeing you from a mile away and in cramped places makes a lot of noise with her nails scratching the walls and all. Worse, unlike Mr X, her AI has a set path, and you are invisible in the merchant room. So, you can literally lure her, run to the merchant room, and when she moves away - you know her path, so avoiding her is easy. Most of the times - you will not even see her.

House Beneviento: They tried to be scary, and they succeeded somewhat. The only problem is House Beneviento is too short, and even there - the ghost is only in the basement floors. Once you finish the basement, the boss is more of a whack-a-mole/guess where she is, which is not that great.

ReservoirThis was fun, though from this point on, the game completely abandoned the horror concept. Boss was pretty fun as well. Though the area was too short.

FactoryMost boring area in the entire game. Huge time sink just finding your way around, and mobs were also not that interesting (more of a bullet sink, though they gave plenty of ammo). Completing this area felt like a chore, and if the Factory was the size of all other areas, I feel a good 2-3 hours would have been knocked off the play-time. I took a break from the game in this area because of boredom. Major CoD vibes, and zero scares. Strum was also a pretty bad boss, since you could bait his charge. Heisenberg was fun but quite easy.

FinaleThis was true CoD, and this was pretty fun and a change of pace. Mother Miranda though was a great boss, and the first to actually give some challenge.

Overall, this was a pretty fun game. Though I will still rate RE2 Remake far above this.

Time for a new protag though. I always felt they made FPS Ethan to make RE VR Games, though that tradition is broken by giving Chris FPS view in finale. Ethan's story is done and the end surprise was pretty well done as a reason for the FPS view (and the ridiculous self-heals). From next game onwards, chances of the old crew coming back (Leon/Jill/Claire/Chris etc.) or someone new altogether. I doubt we will ever play as Rose (unless in a spin-off), because that will turn the game into a Prototype/Incredible Hulk/Dishonored game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Snake said:

I know what it means, what I'm saying is that if they wanted a rando NPC, they could have chosen anyone, using the Ethan model means the def teasing something

How would rose know the exact cuts in his hand. Definitely coming back.

Edited by Vip3r

1 hour ago, roun90 said:

Finished today

O9xgSnZ.jpg

My opinion on the game:

Overall, a decent game. Not much scary at all.

CastleThey tried a knockoff RE2 Remake Police station + Mr X with Castle, but it fails. Castle is bright, and the trash mobs go down pretty easily unlike RE2 zombies, so it's pretty easy. Lady D is also ridiculous and not comparable to Mr X at all. She's ridiculously slow, announces seeing you from a mile away and in cramped places makes a lot of noise with her nails scratching the walls and all. Worse, unlike Mr X, her AI has a set path, and you are invisible in the merchant room. So, you can literally lure her, run to the merchant room, and when she moves away - you know her path, so avoiding her is easy. Most of the times - you will not even see her.

House Beneviento: They tried to be scary, and they succeeded somewhat. The only problem is House Beneviento is too short, and even there - the ghost is only in the basement floors. Once you finish the basement, the boss is more of a whack-a-mole/guess where she is, which is not that great.

ReservoirThis was fun, though from this point on, the game completely abandoned the horror concept. Boss was pretty fun as well. Though the area was too short.

FactoryMost boring area in the entire game. Huge time sink just finding your way around, and mobs were also not that interesting (more of a bullet sink, though they gave plenty of ammo). Completing this area felt like a chore, and if the Factory was the size of all other areas, I feel a good 2-3 hours would have been knocked off the play-time. I took a break from the game in this area because of boredom. Major CoD vibes, and zero scares. Strum was also a pretty bad boss, since you could bait his charge. Heisenberg was fun but quite easy.

FinaleThis was true CoD, and this was pretty fun and a change of pace. Mother Miranda though was a great boss, and the first to actually give some challenge.

Overall, this was a pretty fun game. Though I will still rate RE2 Remake far above this.

Time for a new protag though. I always felt they made FPS Ethan to make RE VR Games, though that tradition is broken by giving Chris FPS view in finale. Ethan's story is done and the end surprise was pretty well done as a reason for the FPS view (and the ridiculous self-heals). From next game onwards, chances of the old crew coming back (Leon/Jill/Claire/Chris etc.) or someone new altogether. I doubt we will ever play as Rose (unless in a spin-off), because that will turn the game into a Prototype/Incredible Hulk/Dishonored game.

This is totally accurate except I loved castle. Also props for pointing our factory as a time sink. 

Finished at 15 hours 21 minutes

8.75/10

gorgeous graphics, amazing setting, good story overall but slightly weak towards the end

played RE7 and RE8 back to back 

RE7 is a instant classic 

earlier I thought there’s no way I would ever play an RE or any horror game but I tried RE8 demo and was really sold on how good it looked, then started RE7

Will definitely play the next RE in this series but don’t know about older ones 

Stupid me but I watched the whole game on Max's channel. Enjoyed the ride though. That baby section is one the creepiest things I've ever seen. I literally would have shat my pants if I were playing it on my own after dark.

I have already download RE7 and will play it eventually (kinda scared lol). 

RE4 is one my best games of all time, so I'm really really looking forward to that sweet RE4 remake. I just hope they don't turn it into a FPS.

• Haha 1