Resident Evil VIIIage - Spoilers Thread

13 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

Too early as there is literally no information. 

There's literally enough info out there that they can make a docu on how they are remaking a 16 years old game vr compatible. 

Ps- apparently it's Oculus only for now. 

Edited by radicaldude

Just now, Mysteryman said:

oh yeah but I am referring to the remake. I believe that it would be a TPS so I don’t think a VR mode will come for it when it releases. Also RE8 skipped VR. 

Yeah no info on the remake though.

I strongly believe RE 7 / 8 are well planned spin offs just to offset the re 6 fiasco. Now I hope they take the lore forward.

Too many interesting characters to purge/ignore if they take this route further. 

2 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Yeah no info on the remake though.

I strongly believe RE 7 / 8 are well planned spin offs just to offset the re 6 fiasco. Now I hope they take the lore forward.

Too many interesting characters to purge/ignore if they take this route further. 

Of course they had to soft reboot RE franchise as they stray too far from the RE formula. RE8 took inspiration from 4 and 7 with a dash of Silent Hills. The challenge is how to reinvent the games without straying away from the formula. 

Finally finished the game, clocking in at 13.45 hours, collecting all the treasures etc.

Really really good game,  although the factory section was a bit long in the tooth. Boss fights were great, especially Heisenberg because it's crazy af and totally RE in nature.

Contrary to the opinions here, I enjoyed the Chris section as it allowed me to let loose after  the entire game of conserving ammo.

Story wise, I liked how it connected all the way back to  RE1, The inspiration behind the T virus, the umbrella logo, Spencer's history etc.

Hopefully with RE9, they stick with the same formula and explain what happened to the BSAA and not their use of smart zombies or smarbies for short lol. With Rose now inheriting Miranda's powers, maybe we'll get a mix of both traditional RE style gameplay with a mix of mould powers.

Rating: 8.5/10

PS. House Beneviento section shows how much of an influence P.T was.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Finally finished the game, clocking in at 13.45 hours, collecting all the treasures etc.

Really really good game,  although the factory section was a bit long in the tooth. Boss fights were great, especially Heisenberg because it's crazy af and totally RE in nature.

Contrary to the opinions here, I enjoyed the Chris section as it allowed me to let loose after  the entire game of conserving ammo.

Story wise, I liked how it connected all the way back to  RE1, The inspiration behind the T virus, the umbrella logo, Spencer's history etc.

Hopefully with RE9, they stick with the same formula and explain what happened to the BSAA and not their use of smart zombies or smarbies for short lol. With Rose now inheriting Miranda's powers, maybe we'll get a mix of both traditional RE style gameplay with a mix of mould powers.

Rating: 8.5/10

PS. House Beneviento section shows how much of an influence P.T was.

I hope rose is just one of the many/multiple playable characters in the next iteration. The lore needs to continue forward. We saw Wesker last, almost 2 generations back :wacko:

Regarding the presentation style, I'm not sure what direction capcom would take. Some are against TPS style. However I think they hit the ballpark with the RE2 remake. Maybe a mixture of both. 

Ps - I agree, Heisenberg and Redfield levels actually felt like something from Re-verse 

Edited by radicaldude

32 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

I hope rose is just one of the many/multiple playable characters in the next iteration. The lore needs to continue forward. We saw Wesker last, almost 2 generations back :wacko:

Regarding the presentation style, I'm not sure what direction capcom would take. Some are against TPS style. However I think they hit the ballpark with the RE2 remake. Maybe a mixture of both. 

Ps - I agree, Heisenberg and Redfield levels actually felt like something from Re-verse 

or Rose doing a LOU2 to get revenge for Ethan :P 

17 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

Can you elaborate? You think Wesker or Miranda will come back using cloning or a new virus/parasite?

Yes. Very likely maybe even Ethan as well.

Rarely main characters seem to die for good in this universe. 

Ethan can be a good false villain as we try to stop him and then the reveal and we switch over to him

Edited by Vip3r

17 minutes ago, Vip3r said:

Yes. Very likely maybe even Ethan as well.

Rarely main characters seem to die for good in this universe. 

Ethan can be a good false villain as we try to stop him and then the reveal and we switch over to him

Ethan is gone for good. He was made for these 2 spin offs. He may be present as flashback sequences though. But I doubt if they'll resurrect him 

22 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Ethan is gone for good. He was made for these 2 spin offs. He may be present as flashback sequences though. But I doubt if they'll resurrect him 

Just wait for them to hit a wall.

25 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Yeah that last line ‘Fathers Story is Now Over’ assures this, hope they stick to this..

1 minute ago, Assassins Creed said:

Yeah that last line ‘Fathers Story is Now Over’ assures this, hope they stick to this..

Like death of superman/wolverine/Sherlock Holmes actually was the death of superman etal.