Snake

13 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Plan on getting Judgment (part 1) but does it have the free upgrade to PS5 version if I get a regular PS4 version ? Lost Judgement has the free upgrade for PS4 to PS5 but not so sure about Judgement (part 1). Anyone has any idea ?

No free upgrade for Judgement (part 1). That is the reason why I ordered the PS5 version

34 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

No free upgrade for Judgement (part 1). That is the reason why I ordered the PS5 version

Damn!  A friend had the ps4 disc and was willing to lend it to me. Guess I'll wait for a sale/pre-owned copy as I already have 3-4 games in the backlog. 

Let me know when you are done with it and if interested in selling :thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

Frankly, SEGA should stop using all these "Cinema Actors" as the leads in their games. It almost always leads to trouble. This is not the first time this has happened. Almost all the "Real" characters they have used since Yakuza 4 (almost 10 years ago on PS3) - have either been banned (during release or worse after release), quit or have restrictions due to ego - and SEGA had to recast or design new characters. Their most popular characters (Kiryu, Majima, Ichiban etc.) anyways are not based on real people. Japanese Talent Agencies have a lot of restrictions and tons of legal loopholes that interferes with business, unlike USA.

Get rid of the models. Make original characters and run with it. Nobody cares. Stick these "Models" to cameos/side quest appearances if they are that important.

20 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

What a backward a*s talent agency. Guess they don't want more money and more audience :ko: 

From the Twitter thread, it's because of the mods. They don't want things like the model being dressed in a clown suit/being completely naked etc. Which is understandable - because the talent agency's entire business is only the model and nothing else. Hollywood models don't seem to mind being modded like this, but Japanese Models do it seems. This is why I said Models and Actos are more trouble than they are worth. None of the iconic video game characters were models/actors, including in the Yakuza series. Remove them and make original characters. Let the models stick to their film/music/product advertisement business.

Edited by roun90

• 2 weeks later...

Loving Judgment on the PS5, I am 6 hrs in and I think out of those I spent three hours on minigames- blackjack, poker and drone racing. The tailing missions are the only complaint I have otherwise this game is a lot of fun and the story is solid. Looking forward to more games in the judgment/yakuza universe. 

Detective Doggo, Snake style combat, Robotics club, boxing, skateboards and dancing and much more.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So Judgment on the PS5 is my first 'yakuza' game and it's brilliant. Other than the tailing missions which get repetitive and boring it's a blast to play. It also looks amazing on the PS5 with hardly any load times.

I am 20 hrs in out of which I have easily spent a good 10-12 hrs on side content. Drone Racing, Blackjack and Mahajon are very addictive and the side missions are hilarious. Also, I just discovered today that you can date girls and there are some secret side missions that you need to find in the city. The side content is a nice break from the serious main story. The main story itself is maybe the best I have experienced in any videogame. I think this is a highly underrated gem.

I can't wait for Lost Judgment, with so many games getting delayed I might just pre-order it.

• Like 1

Ok now go play yakuza 0. Better story and better mini games than Judgement by a yuuuuuge margin. 
Yes I want to give it a go but the problem after playing all these next gen games and old gen upgraded versions is that I just don't get the same immersion with old unpatched games. The frames and fidelity just doesn't do it for me after getting spoiled by playing all these upgraded and next gen games. That's the reason I am holding back on The Witcher 3 and RDR2 (already looks awesome but I am sure R* will have an upgrade/director's cut).

Does Yakuza 0 hold up well ?

13 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Yes I want to give it a go but the problem after playing all these next gen games and old gen upgraded versions is that I just don't get the same immersion with old unpatched games. The frames and fidelity just doesn't do it for me after getting spoiled by playing all these upgraded and next gen games. That's the reason I am holding back on The Witcher 3 and RDR2 (already looks awesome but I am sure R* will have an upgrade/director's cut).

It does, it's not aa bad you think it'll be.

Y0 is the best game to come out of RGG studios

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SuperT said:

Yes, yakuza 0 and judgement looks similar graphically imo, and plays similarly. Also, no more repetitive trailing and detective missions. They were quite over done in the end

9 hours ago, Satania said:

Yes, yakuza 0 and judgement looks similar graphically imo, and plays similarly. Also, no more repetitive trailing and detective missions. They were quite over done in the end

Isn't judgment on the new dragon engine as opposed to yakuza 0 which was on the older engine?

17 hours ago, SuperT said:

In terms of visuals quality, while in-game, it won't be remotely close to Judgement which runs on Dragon engine, but it's definitely not that bad either. It's 1080p 60 frames and is a title which had to scale for both the PS3 and PS4 when it released, so you can't fault it for that. The cinematic cut-scenes are top-notch. The heat moves are easily the best and same goes for the variety of movesets and style switching. You'd forget about all of this (the technical aspect) when you experience the main story. I mean I could overlook Yakuza 3's PS2-esque visuals (just kidding) in favour of it's storyline. It's best that you space these games out to avoid burnout, but Yakuza 0 is something you shouldn't miss under any condition. 

Edited by Ethan_Hunt
  • Like 1

In terms of visuals quality, while in-game, it won't be remotely close to Judgement which runs on Dragon engine, but it's definitely not that bad either. It's 1080p 60 frames and is a title which had to scale for both the PS3 and PS4 when it released, so you can't fault it for that. The cinematic cut-scenes are top-notch. The heat moves are easily the best and same goes for the variety of movesets and style switching. You'd forget about all of this (the technical aspect) when you experience the main story. I mean I could overlook Yakuza 3's PS2-esque visuals (just kidding) in favour of it's storyline. It's best that you space these games out to avoid burnout, but Yakuza 0 is something you shouldn't miss under any condition. 
Thanks man seeing such positive responses I will give it a go but after some time, I have already put in around 25 hrs in Judgment and I think I have another 15 hrs or so of main story left. I just keep doing the side missions and end up playing the mini games for hrs. I'll play a few games in between this and zero to avoid burnout.

1 hour ago, mercurial said:

Isn't judgment on the new dragon engine as opposed to yakuza 0 which was on the older engine?

Zero works on upgraded ishin engine while judgement on dragon engine, like yakuza 6.

Edited by Satania