Snake

49 minutes ago, hazard12345 said:

About this, how do you think i should go having recently completed zero.

Progression wise, Kiwami would be next in line. Personally, I didn't enjoy it as I was fresh off the series and Yakuza 0 set very high benchmark for all future titles. Sadly, Kiwami (to me), didn't deliver that experience. With 0, I had spent way more time than I had anticipated and had to pick up Kiwami after a year or so. Honestly, people can play all the games back-to-back, no issues, but it depends on what you're targeting. If you're going for total completion, it's best to space them out with a few titles in between. Stories are mostly self-contained so shouldn't be a problem. But if you're just targeting main storylines and nothing else, then it could work. Try out the next game and see how it goes. Kiwami 2 was amazing IMO. The final boss fight was one of the best I'd say and it's on the Dragon Engine, so you'll have great visual quality. See how it goes, if you feel it's too overwhelming, take a break and come back.

52 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Thanks man seeing such positive responses I will give it a go but after some time, I have already put in around 25 hrs in Judgment and I think I have another 15 hrs or so of main story left. I just keep doing the side missions and end up playing the mini games for hrs. I'll play a few games in between this and zero to avoid burnout.

Yep absolutely. No rush to play any of these game. After all, the key is to enjoy them. The series has picked up a lot of traction post 0's launch and Yakuza LADs massive success. With the Kiryu saga being available on pretty much on all major platforms, I'd say it's a great time to get into these games. Just make sure you learn the layout of the city in Judgement and how most of the key things function in this games as it will share some it's gameplay mechanics (if not all) with the older Yakuza games. Enjoy!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Progression wise, Kiwami would be next in line. Personally, I didn't enjoy it as I was fresh off the series and Yakuza 0 set very high benchmark for all future titles. Sadly, Kiwami (to me), didn't deliver that experience. With 0, I had spent way more time than I had anticipated and had to pick up Kiwami after a year or so. Honestly, people can play all the games back-to-back, no issues, but it depends on what you're targeting. If you're going for total completion, it's best to space them out with a few titles in between. Stories are mostly self-contained so shouldn't be a problem. But if you're just targeting main storylines and nothing else, then it could work. Try out the next game and see how it goes. Kiwami 2 was amazing IMO. The final boss fight was one of the best I'd say and it's on the Dragon Engine, so you'll have great visual quality. See how it goes, if you feel it's too overwhelming, take a break and come back.

Yep absolutely. No rush to play any of these game. After all, the key is to enjoy them. The series has picked up a lot of traction post 0's launch and Yakuza LADs massive success. With the Kiryu saga being available on pretty much on all major platforms, I'd say it's a great time to get into these games. Just make sure you learn the layout of the city in Judgement and how most of the key things function in this games as it will share some it's gameplay mechanics (if not all) with the older Yakuza games. Enjoy!

I'm also trying game one at a time. Not really completionist but I like to do the substories, might not do so in the 3-5 remastered because those games don't look that exciting apart from story.

First three games have taken me 100 hours so far for 50% completion in 2 and 40% in third

Finished Judgment last night and it was a really fun experience. The story was one of the best I have experienced. My only complaint was the slow burn and repetitive tailing missions, unfortunately they have those in Lost Judgment as well. I hope they are very far and few because they really break the immersion and become boring. Other than that this has been a brilliant experience and the new gameplay trailer looks promising for Lost Judgment - looking forward to it. 

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone picked this up?

It's likely the last game with Nagoshi and Takuya Kimura so it's an interesting novelty at the very least. The video reviews make it look veeery similar to the first game though, and the Yokohama map was just in Like a Dragon :/

2 minutes ago, Keyofx said:

Anyone picked this up?

It's likely the last game with Nagoshi and Takuya Kimura so it's an interesting novelty at the very least. The video reviews make it look veeery similar to the first game though, and the Yokohama map was just in Like a Dragon :/

I'll wait for a discount or game pass :P

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Keyofx said:

Anyone picked this up?

I got it. Digital version, so I'll play on launch. I'm expecting the formula to remain the same (Just expanded a bit). But then again, I like the Yakuza series and formula, so I don't mind getting digital on launch

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Keyofx said:

Anyone picked this up?

Going to wait for the school stories dlc and get a bundle or something later. 

Lost Judgement no pre-loads for US/EU Digital Customers on PS4/PS5 (This includes India). HK and SEA PS stores have pre-load. All Xbox Stores have pre-loads. WTF is this sh*t :doh:

Hopefully they allow access to the game tonight at least. Have been hearing horror stories of some games only being accessible 2 days after release.

EditPre-Load started for Indian users. 3 hours of pre-load. Game size is around 49 GB. Great

Edited by roun90

1 hour ago, roun90 said:

Till what I've played - Game is absolutely beautiful and story is absolutely interesting. I'm not that far into the game, but if this keeps up - I might like it more than Yakuza 7: Like A Dragon. Combat is bonkers fun!! Graphics look even better than Yakuza 7 IMO

The brawler style combat is one of the reasons why I want this series to stick around since mainline Yakuza games are now RPGs