A Plague Tale: Requiem

Assassins Creed

1 hour ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Just dropping by to say this before I complete the game by tomorrow (last 2 chapters left); This is my game of the year. 

Game is really good, agreed. But wait for GOW R before announcing goty. 

38 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

How does this compare to innocence?

As this is the only new gen game, it has similar but expanded gameplay, wider areas with crisp and improved graphics. The game is also much longer than innocence with lengthened cutscenes. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RV1709 said:

How does this compare to innocence?

Innocence is more tight and linear..  this has large outdoor areas like Heaven said and few chase sequences..

Motion capture, VO and cutscenes are AAA material 

Edited by Assassins Creed
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

As this is the only new gen game, it has similar but expanded gameplay, wider areas with crisp and improved graphics. The game is also much longer than innocence with lengthened cutscenes. 

Personally felt innocence itself runs too long, and kinda starts dragging towards the end. 

Completed the game last night and I absolutely loved it. I can understand if the journey would seem long-winded for some people, but for me, it was a brilliant one. A lot of the pacing was centered around adding layers of depth to the central characters bonds. Not just that, this game also took time to explain the story of the side characters they met along the way. I feel like the story elements are reminiscent of God of War (2018) in the sense that it depicts a journey of fulfilling/achieving a purpose. Both games show distinct bonds between the 2 core characters and their struggle throughout this journey. Both Atreus & Hugo have been granted powers they never asked for and have to come to terms with harnessing it. This responsibility of helping them control their abilities and guiding them along the path is shouldered by their respective guardian/protector; Kratos &  Amicia. 

The reason I started off with this comparison monologue is to draw parallels on why the impact of story telling is so important in video games. Even if the story has been told time & again, you'll find something that hits home in a very meaningful way. The biggest difference I feel with A Plague Tale's journey is the way they presented Amicia as a Hugo's protector and her evolution through these 2 games. When the journey started, she was never a warrior, a demi-God, a leader or even a fighter; she was just a girl growing up with her brother.  However, as the events unfold, she had to adapt, learn, understand & reason with a lot of things to be able to lead the ones close to her to safety. All of this takes a huge toll on her, both physically and mentally. This game managed to show the full extent of all those emotions being combined and coming to a gut-wrenching conclusion. 

For people who are looking for stellar mind bending gameplay, you won't find it here. I mean the formula is the same as the first game; run, puzzle solving, craft, hide & sneak past or kill enemies. You just have better means of offensive combat this time with the use of a crossbow that you get a bit later in the game. You still have your trusty old sling and almost the same set of alchemical items (Ignifier, Extinguish, Odoris) you could craft in the first game. Even the upgrades are near identical and the skills are progressively obtained depending on your playstyle (stealth vs combat). 

Visually, the game is top notch. I thought I was playing through a Naught Dog game as the level of character and environment detail they have pushed in this game is absolutely stellar. It's a massive leap from the first game in terms of the scope of large area rendering. I was thoroughly disappointed when it didn't have 60 frames performance mode and I'm not going to rant about it as it would ruin the essence of the game, but on Series X, the performance was fine, no major issues. However, if you're on a high end PC and when Ray Tracing is probably added, I imagine this game would look phenomenal. The art direction in this game is on next level. There were so many areas I just had to stand there and keep admiring the art work; there was so much detail in every corner. It would take me ages to put into words how much variety there is, so I'll leave it up to you as you explore. Just keep Photo mode handy. I know I did and now Xbox is clogged with so many images from this game. Suffice to say, whatever voodoo Asobo did with the game engine, it truly gave the visuals a high quality AAA finish. 

I have to talk about the sound in this game. Someone mentioned in the last few pages of how the ATMOS sound was so fantastic, man what I'd give to experience that kind of sound as there is so much nuance to the audio quality of this game. Even with a standard pair of headphones, you'll be amazed by the crystal clear environmental sound effects. The OST would shift from relaxing to tense given the situation we're in. You'll hear so many church choir based vocals and it perfectly captures the subtitle of the game; Requiem. Suffice to say, if you have a kick-a*s sound system, you're in for a treat.

As for the voice acting, let me say this right now, the person who voiced Amicia (Charlotte McBurney) needs to get an award for her performance and if she doesn't, these award ceremonies are dead to me. Don't get me wrong, everyone in the game was fabulous, but Charlotte's voice was just phenomenal. This is one of those rare moments where your character presentation in the game and voice actors dialogue delivery lines up perfectly a la Joel from The Last of Us. You can literally feel her pain and voice break as she goes through so many emotions during the game. So a huge respect to all the voice actors in this game, you all have a bright future ahead. 

TLDR: Go play the game, it's amazing. :) 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

As for the voice acting, let me say this right now, the person who voiced Amicia (Charlotte McBurney) needs to get an award for her performance and if she doesn't, these award ceremonies are dead to me.

Mannn I was shaking in the last level.. Her voice acting is just topp toppp notch..

Just completed, What an Amazing Journey...

20221029-140630.jpg

Spoiler

Not the ending I was hoping for :cry:

Spoiler

:cry::cry:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

If a studio like this can make a game look this good then imagine with proper backup what they can achieve. I feel ND ke takkar ke log hai. 

I feel MS will buy them sooner or later, super talented.. 

Neil Druckman has highly appreciated the franchise..

Fcd3dDZWQAIas59?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 3

Completed the story, took me around 19-20 hrs overall. 

The final 6 chapters of the game are just pure eye candy. 

The quality of the visuals and setpieces kept getting better and better. 

Unlike the first game, they put in a lot of effort in this on characters and their development throughout the game. 

Take a bow Asobo :majesty:

This is a proper AAA game. 

Edited by Vamos
spelling
  • Like 2

As much as the characters, story, set pieces, music and visuals lift this game to unprecedented heights; the gameplay even though improved from the last one, is more or less the same. The pacing is off for the large part of the game as there are too many stealth sequences. And even though it is presented as open ended playground, it seemed to me that the AI is patrolling areas in such a way that facilitates you moving through them in only particular few ways. Experimenting through these areas is headache inducing due to the dubious AI. Dont even get me started on the combat sequences. I absolutely hated it and is a rant waiting for another day. f*** you chapter XV ?. The good they did by removing the boss fights from the first one was replaced by these forced combat sequences. The gameplay system is not made for it, especially with canned animations. 

That apart the last 6 chapters are *chef’s kiss*. Would recommend anyone for just them alone. Was a rollercoaster ride emotionally and otherwise. Asobo has cemented themselves as top tier developer. The production design artist there are on another level. Some of the locations here are jaw dropping. The music, as I said before, is low key some of the best I have heard in any medium. The supporting characters are some of the strongest in any game. Without them, these two would never had made this journey. Speaks volumes about how friends pick you up and hold on to you when you are at your lowest. 

Last but not at all the least, take a bow Amicia (Charlotte McBurney) :majesty:  You have my heart. 

• Like 2

On 10/29/2022 at 2:13 PM, Assassins Creed said:

Mannn I was shaking in the last level.. Her voice acting is just topp toppp notch..

Just completed, What an Amazing Journey...

20221029-140630.jpg

Hide contents

Not the ending I was hoping for :cry:

Reveal hidden contents

:cry::cry:

Playing on the Xbox series X, the better version? Or have they fixed the FPS in PS5 now?