A Plague Tale: Requiem

Assassins Creed

Currently playing Chapter X and the story has been very intriguing so far, specially what happened in Chapter IX.

I'm currently mixing the gameplay with full stealth and aggressive stealth approaches with take-downs so it's doesn't get monotonous. Also, even on Normal difficulty the enemies/ guards have almost hawk eyes and spot you pretty easily.

1 minute ago, Assassins Creed said:

I second that... it will be definitely among GoTY nominations

definitely. Outside of LOU2 and RDR2, this is the only game that has left me introspecting and thinking about the game after completing it. 

Just completed Chapter 15... my goodness me! Talk about all hell breaking loose :panic:

Chapters 11 and 12 were fantastic story-wise and for me the most mentally draining so far!

Spoiler

I think that image of Basilius all chained up and dead underground in that vicious position will remain etched in my mind forever!!

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, Black_Hawk said:

Rest of IVG folks going crazy with excitement about playing God of War Ragnarok whilst I can't wait till the evening to get back to my mancave and start playing Requiem! :rofl:

It’s one of the best games this year.  As you should 

• Like 1

I was supposed to finish the game tonight with only half hour or so remaining, when I got a 9gig update for the game and couldn’t play it. I tried to cancel the update but the whole game deleted ? Tried to install again, now it says download full 52gigs again. MF. I was so pissed off, I just watched the ending on YouTube. f**k off Xbox update system ?

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

I was supposed to finish the game tonight with only half hour or so remaining, when I got a 9gig update for the game and couldn’t play it. I tried to cancel the update but the whole game deleted ? Tried to install again, now it says download full 52gigs again. MF. I was so pissed off, I just watched the ending on YouTube. f**k off Xbox update system ?

resitas-laugh.gif

• Haha 1

After finishing this, I felt that Innocence was massively better than Requiem in story department. Innocence has an emotional impact and connection second only to TLOU 1, perhaps even equals it.

In Requiem, especially in last half, Amicia’s actions felt so illogical and all her efforts so meaningless and actions yielding so little. I always felt distant from the whole story and not really connecting to protagonists’ efforts. 

Innocence felt like a worthwhile journey because triumph of good over evil. Meanwhile, Requiem - :thumbdown:

but visuals and voice acting are absolutely superb 

8/10

Edited by 0verlord
  • Like 1

Just completed it. Definitely need sometime now to sit calmly, put on some music in my listening room and think about that emotional ending and the entire journey with Amicia and Hugo.

Absolutely loved the game and so glad I played the first one a couple of months ago and thus could jump into the second one with the story still fresh on my mind.

Another image that won't leave my head easily...

Spoiler

Those big skulls that appear towards the ending on Chapter XVI when Amicia tries to reach Hugo by following the Eagle statues in that dark, grizzly terrain. God damn, that was not pleasing! :fear1:

Edited by Black_Hawk
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

After finishing this, I felt that Innocence was massively better than Requiem in story department. Innocence has an emotional impact and connection second only to TLOU 1, perhaps even equals it.

In Requiem, especially in last half, Amicia’s actions felt so illogical and all her efforts so meaningless and actions yielding so little. I always felt distant from the whole story and not really connecting to protagonists’ efforts. 

Innocence felt like a worthwhile journey because triumph of good over evil. Meanwhile, Requiem - :thumbdown:

but visuals and voice acting are absolutely superb 

8/10

Watching ending on YouTube is not same thing as finishing yourself, I guess.

Edited by Vaibhavp
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, 0verlord said:

:scratchchin::ko::blink::loco::loco:

You need to actually play the game not YT it.. last 5-6 chapters are the most impactful and has most touching story...

The cut scene in end of chapter 12, do you need a better performance than that ??

Innocence has good gameplay and setpieces agree, but no way it tops Requiem in terms of story and emotions

Edited by Assassins Creed

2 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

:scratchchin::ko::blink::loco::loco:

You need to actually play the game not YT it.. last 5-6 chapters are the most impactful and has most touching story...

The cut scene in end of chapter 12, do you need a better performance than that ??

Innocence has good gameplay and setpieces agree, but no way it tops Requiem in terms of story and emotions

I only watched chapter 16 and 17 on YouTube, rest all chapters I played myself.

15 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

Curious... why did you Youtube Chapters 16 and 17 and not play the game to the end?

15 hours ago, 0verlord said:

Was mentally prepared whole day yesterday to finish off the game yesterday night one way or other

• Sad 1