Forza Horizon 5

Assassins Creed

These games don't feel neither arcade nor somcade they are just som racing games on open world tracks. You have to follow lines and break to turn etc. It doesn't feel right to compare them with other arcadr racers and say horizon is the best arcade racing game.

Hell if we don't have the rewind function which we don't online then we'd just have a sim game with thorough handling.

Alot of good arcade games are overlooked because of horizon and they just need to create a simcade category now for grid, horizon and test drive are enough racing games that require you to follow real world drving methods.

I'm glad i got FH4 on gamepass after buying FH3 and seeing how simulation the handling was i was bored breaking at each turn adjusting break power so as to keep the turn to the proper. Also those hairpin and cramped turn just show how simulation the game really is.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Honestly, arcade racing as a genre is pretty much dead.

We no longer get games like Motorstorm, Burnout, Blur, etc. anymore. 

Split/Second.

:slap:

ALWAYS mention Split/Second when taking about the glory days of arcade racers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

These games don't feel neither arcade nor somcade they are just som racing games on open world tracks. You have to follow lines and break to turn etc. It doesn't feel right to compare them with other arcadr racers and say horizon is the best arcade racing game.

Hell if we don't have the rewind function which we don't online then we'd just have a sim game with thorough handling.

Alot of good arcade games are overlooked because of horizon and they just need to create a simcade category now for grid, horizon and test drive are enough racing games that require you to follow real world drving methods.

I'm glad i got FH4 on gamepass after buying FH3 and seeing how simulation the handling was i was bored breaking at each turn adjusting break power so as to keep the turn to the proper. Also those hairpin and cramped turn just show how simulation the game really is.

You need to try Cruisn Blast 

And I agree with you. Arcade > sims if you are playing on controller. 

If you want to experience sim in its full glory, you need to have a wheel. 

• Like 1

Honestly, arcade racing as a genre is pretty much dead.
We no longer get games like Motorstorm, Burnout, Blur, etc. anymore. 
Play crash team racing nitro fueled. And you will see the genre is pretty alive, well and kicking arse. You won't get better handling in any game. ANY !

3 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Play crash team racing nitro fueled. And you will see the genre is pretty alive, well and kicking arse. You won't get better handling in any game. ANY !

Mario kart 8 deluxe! 

35 million plus copies sold 

Edited by radicaldude

Mario kart 8 deluxe! 
Nah man mario kart is meh. It's not skill based as CTR NF. In mario kart if you get some dreaded blue shell or whatever and no matter how skilled the leader is they'll get knocked out in the pack.

In CTR if you are not skilled no power up can save you. And those who are skilled look damn good showing it off. Best game ever made. After all it was first made by naughty dog.

Just now, NitroNeo said:

Nah man mario kart is meh. It's not skill based as CTR NF. In mario kart if you get some dreaded blue shell or whatever and no matter how skilled the leader is they'll get knocked out in the pack.

In CTR if you are not skilled no power up can save you. And those who are skilled look damn good showing it off. Best game ever made. After all it was first made by naughty dog.

Atleast it falls under arcade racing 

I think generally, arcade racing titles do better than sims. 
Yeah track racing is kinda boring. It doesn't even feel like an adrenaline rush. For those who know what they like about sim racing enjoy those games for it. The only sim i liked was NFS Shift 1.

Also idk why people who drive IRL like sim racing how is breaking and turning on same looking traffic less tracks any fun [emoji848]

Just now, NitroNeo said:

Yeah track racing is kinda boring. It doesn't even feel like an adrenaline rush. For those who know what they like about sim racing enjoy those games for it. The only sim i liked was NFS Shift 1.

Also idk why people who drive IRL like sim racing how is breaking and turning on same looking traffic less tracks any fun emoji848.png

Only because it looks better than arcade racing I guess. Be it gt or fh. 

Only because it looks better than arcade racing I guess. Be it gt or fh. 
Horizon looks better i agree but not at all for other games. Just some racing cars crashing against one another with only thrill driving perfectly without crashing. Idk who gets off on that. Ridge racer even being arcade was so boring just 6-8 cars on track. They had to go the burnout way to make it fun with unbounded.

I say this time and again those who wanna know how great arcade racers are need to play 3 things

CTR, NFS HP2 on PS2 lap knockout mode (preferred with a skilled friends) helis will be dropping bombs and spikes on road and you aiming to beat lap record amazing rush and finally road rash jailbreak the best RR ever who didn't get the spotlight just because it was on PS1 and not PC (meh that PC RR was crap compared to jailbreak) jailbreak was mortal kombat on wheels.

3 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Horizon looks better i agree but not at all for other games. Just some racing cars crashing against one another with only thrill driving perfectly without crashing. Idk who gets off on that. Ridge racer even being arcade was so boring just 6-8 cars on track. They had to go the burnout way to make it fun with unbounded.

I say this time and again those who wanna know how great arcade racers are need to play 3 things

CTR, NFS HP2 on PS2 lap knockout mode (preferred with a skilled friends) helis will be dropping bombs and spikes on road and you aiming to beat lap record amazing rush and finally road rash jailbreak the best RR ever who didn't get the spotlight just because it was on PS1 and not PC (meh that PC RR was crap compared to jailbreak) jailbreak was mortal kombat on wheels.

You didn't mention blur. 

You didn't mention blur. 
Blur was ok imo and split swcond was already mentioned.

Blur was too chaotic. And didn't handle the chaos well like Split second, motorstorm, burnout. So with all the fancy effects of power ups and lights focus on driving went off. It was a bit like a cult ty the tasmanian tiger kind of racing game for me at least.

Blur overshadowed Split second (far better imo) during that time frame. But me and my gamer crew never had any fun playing blur and we would just switch to split second or motorstorm back then.