AtheK

18 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Ok, no idea why this game was hyped like it was.

Because it's being made by Arkane.

I agree it doesn't look too hot right now. But most of everything they've put out so far has been really good. So I'm still willing to give them a chance.

49 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

It's Arkane, man. They haven't put out a dud till now and I don't think they're about to start now. 

I think the gameplay looked solid. Looks like a solid co op shooter like Borderlands. 

Real trailer starts at 4:37 mark. If you have played Dishonoured 2, you will understand some of it. Reminding me of Clockwork mansion/ Stilton manor. 

And this is in coop :panic:

Edited by Vaibhavp
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, gecko89 said:

Ok, no idea why this game was hyped like it was. Starfield I get now, it looks promising on the gameplay end at least. Redfall seems like it'll be forgotten within a week or two. 

Yeah, don’t get the hype for this one at all

2 hours ago, RV1709 said:

Yeah, don’t get the hype for this one at all

I never got the hype for Deathloop, still don;t get it after its rated so high but it is what it is.. Arcane games are different at least they are getting the games shipped lol.. This is definitely looking better than Deathloop for me.. 

4 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

Great insight in their thought process.

You can play this game Solo as well. When you play Single player mode - you don't have any other characters around ( controlled by bots ) - Just you . The guy from Arkane studio says this around 6:10 mark in the video .

So you can enjoy proper single player / 2 player co-op or 4 player co-op as you like . Nice 

Edited by Krazyniks

38 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

You can play this game Solo as well. When you play Single player mode - you don't have any other characters around ( controlled by bots ) - Just you . The guy from Arkane studio says this around 6:10 mark in the video .

So you can proper single player / 2 player co-op or 4 player co-op as you like . Nice 

Ya I noticed that. It's perhaps a single player game primarily. 

But you can add friends to help with combat. 

They will get bored while I am reading the lore though.

Read everything I could find in Dishonoured 2.

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

As someone who lives on the cutting edge of co op game playing, I'm pissed. 

This works for me. I will keep one playthrough solo so I can focus on lore, builds and exploration. Other players won't like to wait while you sift through page after page.

Will drop in/out of coop sessions without need to finish entirely with same group.

3 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Borderlands carries story progression actually. So does Diablo afaik. 

In Borderlands 3, if you go and play someone's session who is ahead of you in story, when you reach same section in your own story, it gives you option to skip it.

It's an outlier. Never seen this implemented anywhere else.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

Graphics leave a lot to be desired. Gameplay is like back 4 blood. Underwhelming 

Have you played the previous game - dishonoured from the same publisher? Even then, the gfx was pretty average, gameplay is where it stood out. If it's anything like that, it would be an awesome game to play !!