Guardians of the Galaxy

Heaven Angel

4 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Story is getting better n better each chapter. The only downside for me is combat. Else everything is on point. 

Same. i wish star lord had more wieght to its combat nad not just pew pew. 
Also when you try to fire gun in a friendly area the PEW PEW Sound starlord makes is absolutely hilarious :roflroll:

26 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Also when you try to fire gun in a friendly area the PEW PEW Sound starlord makes is absolutely hilarious 

Never tried this one. I'm at point in game that everything is going south. Let's see if he does this. 

Will the game (and especially the story) still be fun if one doesn't know even the basics of the Marvel universe?

I've not seen the Marvel movies and barely know anything about the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Basically, can it be played on its own? Does the game rely on the player having some knowledge about the characters?

5 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

Will the game (and especially the story) still be fun if one doesn't know even the basics of the Marvel universe?

Yes, the story is tied to Marvel universe but the game's story is neutral to understand. The banters, characters are very life-like and story will make sense from the beginning. 

7 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

Basically, can it be played on its own? Does the game rely on the player having some knowledge about the characters?

Get the basic knowledge like who are they. Names and stuff. It's like star wars, even if you don't know anything it'll make sense when you're in it. 

A simple google will do. Don't go deep, you'll be good. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, rushaboswal said:

Same. i wish star lord had more wieght to its combat nad not just pew pew. 
Also when you try to fire gun in a friendly area the PEW PEW Sound starlord makes is absolutely hilarious :roflroll:

I think that is a design choice to make Peter's combat weak so that you will focus on using abilities of your companions and give them directions. It works really well due to this. Imagine if Peter's gun combat was too effective then you would rarely use the companion abilities after initial first few times. All the Guardians keep on bashing Peter about how he cant survive without them and how he is weak throughout the game and eventually they acknowledge his value in bringing the team together. He is basically MS Dhoni of this team, alone not very effective but gets things done with everyone else :P

Your job is to spot the weakness in the enemies, use the correct elemental ability to stun/stagger them and then launch your companions at them while doing some damage with your hero abilities once in a while.

Edited by ZooZoo

4 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

I've not seen the Marvel movies and barely know anything about the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Just watch a video on youtube to know basics about them. If you have seen Avengers movies, you know these characters already. Only looks are different due to obvious budget but at core, these are ditto MCU characters. They have not deviated in personality a single bit. Though there are some changes in back story of few.

39 minutes ago, jak3072 said:

The low quality visuals in performance mode & still unable to maintain 60fps.

Just overemphasized. The visuals looks great on either versions and the drops are rare, even top tier pc's have these drops, 95% of the time the game maintains 60fps and the drops you wouldn't even notice.

Nothing to worry about, just play.  

8 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Just overemphasized. The visuals looks great on either versions and the drops are rare, even top tier pc's have these drops, 95% of the time the game maintains 60fps and the drops you wouldn't even notice.

Nothing to worry about, just play.  

Thanks for the assurance.