Guardians of the Galaxy

Heaven Angel

Just started this game today. Playing it on PC with Mouse + KB. I'm finding the controls really weird. Double tap to roll + the guardians menu in combat feels very unintuitive. Is it better to play with a controller? 

Edited by dylanjosh

12 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

WTF Series X controller doesnt work with this game. What garbage lmao. 

Other people having same problem. Their solutions didnt work for me. 

Guess i'm continue using kb+m for now. 

Weird.

I played it with the SX controller wirelessly.

15 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

You could possibly add xbox launcher to steam and launch from there to use the steam controller features? 

Steam doesn't recognize it as a 'game', but only as an .exe so it doesnt give me the option for controllers and stuff. 

WSLkYD5.png

18 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

WTF Series X controller doesnt work with this game. What garbage lmao. 

Other people having same problem. Their solutions didnt work for me. 

Guess i'm continue using kb+m for now. 

It works only when plugged in via cable or  connected via xbox wireless adapter for me… 

to use via Bluetooth I used to launch epic store via steam.. so that steam overlays over epic store 

have you tried with controller plugged in ? 

Edited by hsk_colossus

On 4/15/2022 at 5:37 PM, dylanjosh said:

Yeah it seems to work for steam, but not epic  and gamepass?

Absolute state :rofl:

Their own hardware doesn't work on games hosted on their own service.

btw you on windows 11 or 10?

Finished this game today. Really liked it but it had its issues. 

The dialogue and character writing is superb. Easily the best part of the game, second only to the art and cinematography. Lots of thought went into it.  The amount of dialogue in this game in INSANE. The characters just dont shut up LOL. 

But gotta say chatting with the charcters on the ship was my favourite part of the game. Managed to scratch that Mass Effect itch.

I liked the 'new' characters like Ko-Rel, Nikki and the Dog. 

I think I like this games version of Gamora and..

Spoiler

..Mantis way more than the movie versions.

Mantis in particular was absolutely hilarous. That whole chapter where she's trying to figure out which timeline is going on had me laughing throughout.  

The weaker part of the game is the combat. I just didn't enjoy it. The concept seems really cool, but in execution it was just lacking in polish. (Maybe I'm feeling it much more becasue before this I was playing God Of War?). Star-Lord's pew pew guns feel horrible. Very unsatisfying,

In a lot of the cinematic shots the hits don't even land properly. Felt like an afterthought. The controls are a mess on keyboard. Giving your teammates commands is pretty cool though. I enjoyed that part. 

The puzzles were nice but very easy. They should aim for more complicated stuff. Timing based with all characters involved would be cool. 

I experienced a fair bit of technical issues.

- Controller didnt' work.

- On some days my game would freeze every 30 mins or so and I had to force quit and restart. On some days it was fine.

- A lot of times during combat my actions wouldn't register correctly, like that reload mechanic kept missing even though I was doing it right. Same with the double click to fire the stagger shot. Felt like it was just wasn't registering.

- During one of the cutscenes in the middle of the game, every characters eyes started blinking like crazy. o_o 

Overall I liked enough. Not my GOTY, but still a really good game that punches way above its weight and deserves to be played for its writing and art.

Edited by dylanjosh
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

The weaker part of the game is the combat. I just didn't enjoy it. The concept seems really cool, but in execution it was just lacking in polish. (Maybe I'm feeling it much more becasue before this I was playing God Of War?). Star-Lord's pew pew guns feel horrible. Very unsatisfying,

It's not just because of GoW. The combat is indeed weak and shallow.

It single-handedly made the game a chore to finish towards the end.

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished this game and considering how little the game is talked about it was way better than I expected. The writing, voice acting are brilliant. The combat was mediocre so I just put it on easy mode and just enjoyed the ride. I really hope they do a sequel, I like all these characters way better than the movie counterparts. Also the game had a surprising amount of heart

Spoiler

rockets backstory of why he hates getting wet, groots tragic backstory, the mind palace level with Drax were very heart wrenching. Only Peter and Gamora's backstory I thought weren't great. Gamora's especially feels like it comes out of the blue.

However I can't believe how refreshing it was to see them do away with the romance track between Quill and Gamora that I feel was consistently the worst part of the movies. I liked that everyone was an equal part of the team.

• Like 4

I am playing this on Win11 whatever the latest update is, the Gamepass version, and Xbox Series X controller works now using bluetooth also, I have set to "exclusive fullscreen"( default for gamepass and windows store games is windowed mode but borderless, idk why is it so ) in the little settings menu that comes up before the actual game is launched.

Finally tomorrow i'll have some actual variety aside from playing only Elden Ring since last 2-3 weeks :lol:

12 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

I am playing this on Win11 whatever the latest update is, the Gamepass version, and Xbox Series X controller works now using bluetooth also, I have set to "exclusive fullscreen"( default for gamepass and windows store games is windowed mode but borderless, idk why is it so ) in the little settings menu that comes up before the actual game is launched.

Finally tomorrow i'll have some actual variety aside from playing only Elden Ring since last 2-3 weeks :lol:

I keep getting notification that my pc ready for Win 11. Is it worth upgrading?  Or wait more till all issues fixed?

41 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

I keep getting notification that my pc ready for Win 11. Is it worth upgrading?  Or wait more till all issues fixed?

I have not faced any issues.

Only big problem is they've changed all the icons which look chindi af

also drag and drop into the running program icons on taskbar doesn't work, you also can't right click now on taskbar to open the task manager.

All minor issues

Aside from this you can take screenshots with series x controller share button( they disabled it on win10 :rofl: )

Game gives wrong button prompts some times.

When I say wrong i mean PS4 button prompts for Xbox controller, like something about vaulting over obstacles using the X button

on PS4

on Xbox controller it is A button, X is for throwing a weak a*s punch on xbox controller

:ko:

I thought Eidos Montreal is a big studio with established QC procedures, don't they even test this stuff?

Game looks pretty nice, I took a few screenshots, good it has photomode