Guardians of the Galaxy

Heaven Angel

19 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

I have not faced any issues.

Only big problem is they've changed all the icons which look chindi af

also drag and drop into the running program icons on taskbar doesn't work, you also can't right click now on taskbar to open the task manager.

All minor issues

Aside from this you can take screenshots with series x controller share button( they disabled it on win10 :rofl: )

F12 ftw for screenshots

Looks beautiful, some screenshots.

Pity that the FPS in the open areas drops a lot, and my GPU usage is 100%

I want to upgrade but don't want to pay scalper pricing :\

Z9N3mKW.jpg

Vbi9YgQ.jpg

DfIvbvT.jpg

WJ4Ru2P.jpg

DwbAPwq.jpg

• Like 4

Some of the BGM reminds me of Ratchet and Clank, which makes me sad I don't have a PS5.

Also the structure of the Milano and it's rooms and all reminds me of the Normandy from Mass Effect.

Which also makes me sad because who knows when Bioware will finish ME5 :(

Overall loving the game, it's nice and chill compared to the stress of Elden Ring

I really hope they make a GOTG game sequel, maybe with each teammate having their own moveset and all( i.e they too will be controllable not just quill )

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finished the game, what a blast!

It's literally a mini-mass effect, never expected it to be so good, only the combat and upgrade paths were a bit lacking, this game totally went under my radar, never even saw a trailer of it thinking it's the same mtx loaded cash grab like Avengers :rofl:

If I knew it was so good would have bought it on steam where it goes for 1.5k during sales 

5jDibPa.png

ncLdYG6.png

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

What GPU do you have rn ? 

GTX 1660 Super.

Performance wise only faced issues in certain areas of GoTG, but in ER and GoTG both I have heard the GPU fan spinning at high speed, idk if this is some driver issue or my card is just too weak.

8 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

GTX 1660 Super.

Performance wise only faced issues in certain areas of GoTG, but in ER and GoTG both I have heard the GPU fan spinning at high speed, idk if this is some driver issue or my card is just too weak.

It means that your GPU is on full to high load. Nothing to worry about. Both games and all the current games in that matter are GPU intensive.  1660 SUper would have a hard time running games at high presets and high res. It's a 1080p card afterall.

But it's good still if you play games at 1080p and med to some high presets.

Edited by SaiKO

9 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

It means that your GPU is on full to high load. Nothing to worry about. Both games and all the current games in that matter are GPU intensive.  1660 SUper would have a hard time running games at high presets and high res. It's a 1080p card afterall.

But it's good still if you play games at 1080p and med to some high presets.

Yes, on GOTG GPU usage was 100% continous, on ER idk because msi afb tanks the framerate for whatever reason.

Hope new stock comes soon for the RTX cards and these vendors stop holding onto inflated priced old stock 

1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

Yes, on GOTG GPU usage was 100% continous, on ER idk because msi afb tanks the framerate for whatever reason.

Hope new stock comes soon for the RTX cards and these vendors stop holding onto inflated priced old stock 

You can get RTX 3060 for 39k. That will be huge upgrade over your current GPU

https://www.primeabgb.com/online-price-reviews-india/galax-geforce-rtx-3060-1-click-oc-12gb-gddr6-graphic-card-36nol7md1voc/

If you contact Prime directly, they might even reduce the price further.

• 1 month later...

In chapter 5 and I feel the game is actually tough even on lower difficulty settings.  Quill hardly has any moves and has to depend on the rest of the team members to survive/win , and has to keep waiting until their meters refill. Apart from that, the voice acting is good and the story seems interesting as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finished the game last night. I think I'm on a roll this year by playing all the f*ckin' amazing games from my backlog. This has easily got to be the best version of Guardians of the Galaxy for me. I didn't find any of it's movies that entertaining, nor it's character particularly memorable. However, this game completely managed to changed my opinion of the characters. The game was so masterfully crafted, it felt like a completely wholesome experience and total joy from start to finish. 

The story's pacing and narrative structure was so well done that I really was invested in it throughout the course of my journey. I love how they introduced character progression in this game with every bickering with each other, but bonding greatly by the end with Peter's positivity as a leader keeping them glued. I'm surprised they even managed to squeeze in so many back stories in this game. This is the first time getting the collectibles felt worth the effort. For those that aren't aware, there are certain collectible items you gather in the game that get sent to our ship and is specific to each characters. You can then visit that characters room (once you're onboard the ship) and pick up that collectible to initiate a conversation with that character that is connected to that item. It's a brilliant way to infuse story telling via a side activity and the conversations are actually meaningful which often lead to lot of back-story being revealed. 

I have to give a major shout out to the voice actors as they were just phenomenal in every sense. Everyone did an amazing job, especially Rocket & Gamora, loved their dialogue. It's the off-screen banter they have on the Milano or during a mission shows how the people who wrote this game had lot of love for the source material. My biggest problem is with them substituting the swear words like flark and scut gets old really fast and then gets too annoying. Apart from that, I don't have any complaints. There was a lot of emotion in their dialogue especially at a point where Gamora reveals a big truth about herself; it was so well done in terms of motion capture. It also goes to show that visual quality does matter when it comes to presenting accurate on-screen character emotions. 

Now coming to the actual part that bugged me the most and that is the gameplay, particularly, the combat. It's such a shame that the game of this caliber gets such hamfisted combat mechanics. This becomes glaringly obvious since I started this game right after playing Final Fantasy VII Remake which had absolutely spectacular mix of story + combat. I'll not go into detail as there is nothing much to say about it other than it's forgettable. Just think of it as a obstacle to clear to progress through the story. 

The soundtrack in this game, oh boy, I think everyone has already expressed in this thread how amazing the tunes were and I concur. I mean you have a lot of classic 80's stuff added in there and getting Rick Roll'd (;)), what more could you ask for eh? But seriously, I saw an interview with the game's audio director and he spoke about the whole process of selecting the right songs for it and also touched upon infusing the 'Huddle up' mechanic during the combat to boost the team morale, which I thought was brilliant. It's truly a love letter to the classic rock bands and bodes so well with the game. There was also this memorable sequence in a chapter which you'd all remember where the crew has to guide Kammy to free them on Milano. See that scene right there is how you make perfect use of a song that fits the situation. Not only was it timed perfectly but it suited the situation so well that I burst out laughing. 

That said, I'm glad Eidos Montreal worked on this project after the mega disaster that was Marvel's Avengers. You truly understand how vastly different both games are when you start to break their narrative structure down piece by piece. It's easy to understand what went wrong with Avengers without even playing Guardians. But f*ck it, I'm not going to ruin this thread by bringing that up. So in summary, this is one of the few single player Marvel IPs done right and I truly wish they would work on a sequel. Now that it's free from Square Enix's clutches, I hope they get another shot at it. 

Leaving you folks with my photo mode shots from the game and big shout out to the photo mode in this game too. I'll let the pics do the talking. I'll spoiler tag them as a.) could potentially contain spoilers & b.) mildly NSFW courtesy Lady Hellbenders thiccness (which needs to be preserved). Mods, feel free to remove them if it violates any rules. ScutLord Out! ;) 

Ro9bkCx.jpg

Spoiler

2hYip88.jpg

2cFVLSS.jpg

bqkZAKd.jpg

PP7VgTL.jpg

AXuMuX8.jpg

D2tQwst.jpg

EztueN0.jpg

M5CFLPp.jpg

jqBcbxn.jpg

Ms6iKoY.jpg

pKi4ezs.jpg

w56mIPt.jpg

5hNtqC6.jpg

5uTzAfy.jpg

w54dhpD.jpg

3JrF0uL.jpg

WSwS30Z.jpg

bnGFue1.jpg

j4wKHPz.jpg

NWf2PAc.jpg

NaqRLcl.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

On final boss now. 

Would give it 8/10.

Good

Felt like an intergalactic adventure. Variety in locations was great. 

A couple of characters stole the show, Cosmos and Mantis. Absolutely loved every minute they were on screen. Mantis played a huge role here unlike movies, that really made game closer to comic books in terms of feel and tone. She also had one of the most badass nick name I heard recently (celestial Madonna).

Ok

Combat lacked polish. Overall I liked it but it was obviously very ambitious and needed 6 more months of work. Melee and evade worked great but didn't gel with shooting in satisfying way.

Story was a mess, still ok comparatively.

Also banter between characters was ok. Was mildly amusing at times.

Bad

Didn't like 4 guardians all that much. All 4 had suffered greatly in past. had like, zero interest in exploring that aspect in a light hearted game. But games pushes you to do it more often than I like. 

Also one of worst character development, Rocket got pissed randomly, then forgives you randomly. Makes Sony games feel  Oscar worthy.

Overall, worth playing.