Guardians of the Galaxy

Heaven Angel

2 hours ago, Agent 47 said:

Why is this 4K30 on consoles? Not like current gen cannot handle it. Or is there a patch coming in future?

Because PS5 and XSX are not powerful enough to run 4k fidelity mode at 60fps in most current gen games... If you want 60 fps, it will be either 4k without RT, or 2k/1080p with RT, or reconstructed/checkerboard 4k.

4k res is Demanding.

1 minute ago, SaiKO said:

Because PS5 and XSX are not powerful enough to run 4k fidelity mode at 60fps in most current gen games... If you want 60 fps, it will be either 4k without RT, or 2k/1080p with RT, or reconstructed/checkerboard 4k.

4k res is Demanding.

I doubt RT is even available yet for console version. They did say it'll will be available in later update. So at the moment it should be able to do 4K60

14 hours ago, Agent 47 said:

I doubt RT is even available yet for console version. They did say it'll will be available in later update. So at the moment it should be able to do 4K60

You are right, RT is not available on console for time being. 

But as far as I can understand. I doubt with RT the PS5 will be giving 4k 30 fps later. As on PC with 2080ti, its giving around 37 at 4k...that too with PC's enhanced all ultra settings...textures, shadows and all. And that is without DLSS. (according to SkillUP)

There could be some console specific graphical settings that needs to be reduced in order to churn out 30 fps on native 4k while RT is on in PS5. Or it could be 2k 30 fps with RT on, we don't know at the moment. But as we know PS5 is roughly around 2070's equivalent interms of gpu power, I doubt it could do native 4k 30 fps with RT...let alone 60 fps.

If the game is not able to do 60 fps in native 4k now, it won't able to do in future. I think there's a video where Devs already said they have tried to push all the platforms to the limits, for pc, for console.