eFootball

HundredProofSam

Some interesting new bits:

4 levels of manual passing
Manual/assisted feints
Dynamic match settings screen 
Can select ball on match settings screen
New line-up screen. More FIFA-like
No cut/cutscenes when ball goes into touch or goal kick. Ballboys immediately throw ball back in.
Ad board teases July 21 announcement
Directional audio for crowds, so you can tell when away supporters are chanting vs rest of the stadium
Animations, physics and visuals seem to be WIP

I hate that “more FIFA like” part. From that online performance test video I don’t see changes in player animations.

2 hours ago, HundredProofSam said:

Yeah was using modified Fox Engine last gen

Oh. This is surely gonna look better than FIFA 22.  I am a Fifa fan but I really like games that are made up on unreal engine. Because the facial animation, graphics are really top notch. Best examples are Gears 4 and 5. Only game which is close to Unreal Engine (in terms of facial animation) is Death Stranding.  But looking forward to see how they utilise unreal engine when playing in broadcast mode because I think max potential of unreal engine will be achieved when playing  Solo Pro Career mode.

Edited by GameAnalyzer

New line-up screen. More FIFA-like

I hate that “more FIFA like” part

It wouldn't be bad if it was actually like FIFA 1:1. The line-up screen is terrible on this compared to the FIFA line-up screen. Look at the mess between midfield and backline. :lol:

CM-fifa21.png

Putting player images is also a very bad idea especially when you don't have licenses for everything and what happens in career mode? Black player icon? 

5 hours ago, HundredProofSam said:

Played a couple of games, and I really don't like how it looks (aside from player faces which are mostly a huge improvement. But I don't want to judge too much since this is likely not what the final game will be.

Its gonna be releasing in a month the visuals won't change that dramatically in that time. It will mostly be bug fixes from now till release. I imagine changing engines wasn't a smooth process for them.

It's online only. it's in its name - New Football Game - Online Performance Test.

Played a single game. In the injury time the game decided to get disconnected. All the players were kinda floating over the field, their feet didn't touch the ground. Uninstalled it.

PES makes me want to play FIFA and I hate FIFA 2 months after release every year.

I know It's in beta stage but the game looks and plays ugly. Hope they manage to fix it. Might buy it after release, if it gets good reviews.

Looked downright fugly on the base PS4. My goodness, I can't believe someone even greenlit this.

Needs a major improvement. Looks just a little better than the PS2 games, honestly. Marginally better.

Everything is off about it. The lighting, the animations, the player faces, etc.

Overall gameplay was just okay. I haven't played PES since 2019, so it took some time to get used to it again. Played (or, tried to play) 2 matches. At half time, for both matches, the game decided that the connection was not good enough to continue the match and disconnected it. :| The first half played pretty smoothly, in terms of the connection. So, not sure what the issue was.

I'll only speak about the base PS4 version and it needs a lot of improvement from this. Even for the "Online Performance Test" that this demo has set out to do, it needs a lot of work.

Pes 22 will be great..from what ive researched. The final game will be substantially different than this beta. They didnt even name it pes 22 beta.

That being said i scored 2 awesome goals on pes 21 yesterday

Edited by realsoccerdude111

Parts of My first online match on New game beta. I play as Juventus vs Barcelona on ps4. The opponent quit.

Defending is difficult for now.You have to be reqlly close to attackers to tackle.This cant be the final product,They will improve it quite a bit I believe.

Edited by realsoccerdude111

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.ign.com/articles/efootball-pes-2022-free-to-play-renamed-release-date

PES Has Been Renamed eFootball, and It's Fully Free-to-Play

Konami has officially renamed the Pro Evolution Soccer series eFootball, and it will become a digital-only, free-to-play game coming to PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One and PC this Autumn - with iOS and Android versions to follow (Konami refused to comment on any potential Nintendo Switch version). By this winter, all versions of the game will feature cross-play, although mobile players will need to use controllers to play against console and PC players.

It's a major move for the football series (now called eFootball globally, rather than PES in the west and Winning Eleven in Japan), and it's been matched with a shift from Konami's FOX Engine to a custom-built new engine created with Unreal 4. Crucially, it appears that all versions of the game, from new-gen consoles to mobile, will be functionally the same (not unlike Fortnite) – presumably meaning that the hugely successful PES Mobile will also be phased out or replaced.

• Thanks 1