FIFA 22

Heaven Angel

Sadly it is the truth. UT has become too big too much liked and only mode that gets lot of stuff/changes every year. Other modes are standard football, not much to change.

Look at Volta, even after adding cool new mode and new stuff, nobody wants to play that over UT. 

Career mode is getting some changes this year which is nice but still not played like UT. 

44 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Sadly it is the truth. UT has become too big too much liked and only mode that gets lot of stuff/changes every year. Other modes are standard football, not much to change.

Look at Volta, even after adding cool new mode and new stuff, nobody wants to play that over UT. 

Career mode is getting some changes this year which is nice but still not played like UT. 

UT is a gacha with some trading mechanics.

UT also has that lootbox tendencies, frankly all of that is still fine but the toxic community is something that gets on my nerves. Maybe it's the same for other online MP but I don't have experience with them.

7 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

This is the main reason I stopped playing. The community is so terrible when it comes to UT. 

I played FUT offline totally and it isn't nearly half as rewarding as online, and online's so stressful. The only game in which I've thrown a controller out of frustration.

Never played UT properly ever, just some of the first and second games that had it (FIFA 10 or FIFA 11, IIRC).

Genuine question: How is the community toxic? I mean, isn't it like the standard online fare? Where you play a match and move on to the next opponent?

11 hours ago, abhi90 said:

I played FUT offline totally and it isn't nearly half as rewarding as online, and online's so stressful. The only game in which I've thrown a controller out of frustration.

Yeah, offline UT is way less rewarding and gets boring fast once you learn the AI pattern. I got burned out of squad battles eventually and ended up farming Rivals which wasn't fun mentally and finally decided to stop playing UT. 

41 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

Genuine question: How is the community toxic? I mean, isn't it like the standard online fare? Where you play a match and move on to the next opponent?

Drop their divisions in rivals and stomp players way below their skill just to get the rewards easily. 

If you are trying to do objectives, the opponent will do everything so you don't get the objective done even in non-competitive mode. Or agree with you doing objective but the change once you help him out...total shitty stuff. 

Annoy you by watching all replays, do crazy long celebrations, run and shush all the way from goal line to middle of the pitch, waste time, then waste time even more by sitting near corner, etc. Total frustration and sadly the game helps them further. 

Then there are discord servers/Reddit where people behave absolutely toxic if you try anything new outside standard meta. Call you trash and harass you into play the way "top" players want. Jealousy when you get something nice from packs/rewards. Never help you with anything "just get meta players roflamo". Fix the SBCs prices, manipulate the market, do everything shitty to make the game experience even worse. 

I get the park bus/use cheap tactics to win but having to play that daily/weekend 25/30 games is no longer enjoyable for me anymore. The community took the fun out of the UT and the game in general. Nobody wants to play for fun / fair football anymore and just chase rewards by any means.

I'm glad they are fixing some of the issues in FIFA 22 by removing the relegation, having a long seasonal approach, rewards right away, etc, All nice changes. However, I can't see meta changes or adjustments to real-life players and gameplay will eventually fall into the same toxic cycle after 2-3 months from launch. 

Outside FUT, seasons are fine but it is just the same seasons every year. Kind of fine but no point in buying the game just for it. Career mode is getting some upgrade but again, not worth it. UT is sadly the only mode now matters and gets all the updates/stuff making it a live game. 

FIFA is still a very fun game with friends/chill community but it is quite rare. I had few friends but sadly all grew old/moved away from FIFA due to UT/gaming. 1v1 seasons and co-op were a total blast. ?

Edited by Joe Cool
  • Thanks 1

I have played Fifa 21 almost 10 months now and won only 2 rival matches out of 60+ :suicide:

I’m not great in squad matches and mostly play at Professional and sometimes in World Class and win 80:20, but Rivals makes me feel miserable.

I bought Fifa 22 Ultimate on PS5 but probably this will be my last Fifa. I bought 21 last year on Series S for ₹1500, and before that back on PS3 (can’t remember which iteration), on PS4 I had EA access so got free after 7-8 months of launch. Got Fifa 15 bundled with Xbox One.

For years I was hoping they’ll bring back Classic Scenarios in form of short storyline. Like they did in Fifa 2000? But don’t think that’ll happen. I wish I could play Pele, Maradona, Del Piero, Ronaldo, Beckham etc in classic scenarios.

Edited by Aercy

7 hours ago, Aercy said:

For years I was hoping they’ll bring back Classic Scenarios in form of short storyline. Like they did in Fifa 2000? But don’t think that’ll happen. I wish I could play Pele, Maradona, Del Piero, Ronaldo, Beckham etc in classic scenarios.

Sadly they won't. They pretty much locked icons into UT only. 

At least on PC you can play icons via mod outside UT and even play in career mode. It was pretty cool to do icons career with new generation. 

2 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Sadly they won't. They pretty much locked icons into UT only. 

At least on PC you can play icons via mod outside UT and even play in career mode. It was pretty cool to do icons career with new generation. 

But that mod is paid, right? Or am I wrong?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2021 at 7:11 AM, Joe Cool said:

Drop their divisions in rivals and stomp players way below their skill just to get the rewards easily. 

If you are trying to do objectives, the opponent will do everything so you don't get the objective done even in non-competitive mode. Or agree with you doing objective but the change once you help him out...total shitty stuff. 

Annoy you by watching all replays, do crazy long celebrations, run and shush all the way from goal line to middle of the pitch, waste time, then waste time even more by sitting near corner, etc. Total frustration and sadly the game helps them further. 

I get the park bus/use cheap tactics to win but having to play that daily/weekend 25/30 games is no longer enjoyable for me anymore. The community took the fun out of the UT and the game in general. Nobody wants to play for fun / fair football anymore and just chase rewards by any means.

I'm glad they are fixing some of the issues in FIFA 22 by removing the relegation, having a long seasonal approach, rewards right away, etc, All nice changes. However, I can't see meta changes or adjustments to real-life players and gameplay will eventually fall into the same toxic cycle after 2-3 months from launch. 

This is so true! 

Rivals became such a drag after TOTS/TOTY - every single opponent had a fully coloured squad and I was still rocking a above average gold team. Cheap counters are way too OP in this game, really hope they improve it this time around. 60% possession with 10 shots on goal losing to 40% possession and 2 shots on goals is infuriating. 

Atleast, the replay trolling has stopped as they can be skipped, but celebration trolling remains - hope they do something about it. 

And one of the best changes is the new rivals system where people can drop to lower divs. This is going to be a big improvent

1 hour ago, psinide said:

This is so true! 

Rivals became such a drag after TOTS/TOTY - every single opponent had a fully coloured squad and I was still rocking a above average gold team. Cheap counters are way too OP in this game, really hope they improve it this time around. 60% possession with 10 shots on goal losing to 40% possession and 2 shots on goals is infuriating. 

Atleast, the replay trolling has stopped as they can be skipped, but celebration trolling remains - hope they do something about it. 

And one of the best changes is the new rivals system where people can drop to lower divs. This is going to be a big improvent

I have literally blocked on my MBA seniors for good for excessive showboating with celebrations, I request him to not do that but he kept on doing. I was so enraged that I left midway and blocked him from my life :P in everywhere (all social medi and messenger). Too old to have unimportant a'holes in personal life (isn't workplace enough for that?).

On 9/9/2021 at 8:34 PM, Joe Cool said:

Volta got so many cool stuff but nobody wants to play outside FUT. They should add VOLTA to career mode instead. Would be fun. 

Hate VOLTA, pretty boring