The Cricket Thread

AtheK

57 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

We can't just look at last 2 years. That way Pant is the best bat we have in the team. But seriously Kohli's lack of big runs is concerning now.

Pujara obviously needs to go back to domestic to sort out whatever technical issue he is having and Rahane needs to be replaced with someone like Sky or even Mayank if he is fit. Kohli being captain can't be sacked. Our batting in nutshell isn't working since long and it's the bowlers who keep us in the game all the time.

Sent from my SM-E625F using Tapatalk

Why not look at last two years, i am not questioning his contributions, i am just looking at current state. Yes pant has been better then him and probably one of the best bat right now and hence he is playing. While kohli can be given a long rope, pujara seems to be reaching end of the line. Rahane god knows how he is still around, he never looks assured on the crease. We have to win matches today and not two years back now, and our top order is looking crap with every passing game.

Time to induct new blood like surya and likes to the team, glad to see KL making run, if he can stay fit, he might get a long rope here.

Why not look at last two years, i am not questioning his contributions, i am just looking at current state. Yes pant has been better then him and probably one of the best bat right now and hence he is playing. While kohli can be given a long rope, pujara seems to be reaching end of the line. Rahane god knows how he is still around, he never looks assured on the crease. We have to win matches today and not two years back now, and our top order is looking crap with every passing game.

Time to induct new blood like surya and likes to the team, glad to see KL making run, if he can stay fit, he might get a long rope here.
In that way I agree with you. Like I said Pujara needs to go back to domestic or county or whatever to sort out his technical issues. Rahane needs to make way for Sky or Rahul or Iyer or whoever new is eligible. Even kohli needs to sort out his game.

Stumps finally. Rest 3 days have same forcast so having a result looks dubious.

Sent from my SM-E625F using Tapatalk

Pujaras average has gone from early 50's to mid 40's. Can't remember the last indian batsmen to have such a dip in stats. Only one that comes to mind is Sourav Ganguly but his test form started dipping when he got the captaincy in the middle of his career. Rahane has been sh*t for a while now. We need to find replacements of both fast. 

12 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

Rain may spoil this match so Pujara and Rahane will be safe for next one. But time is running out for both. 

We should chuck both of em after 3 matches.

Can play new guys. They'll definitely score those 5 runs.

Yesterday was awful batting.
Rohit hooking in last over before lunch.
Kohli flashing the 1st ball he faced. 
Rahane mindlessly gettinng run out.

All these 3 could have been avoided. It was just careless cricket. 

1 minute ago, silentassassin said:

We should chuck both of em after 3 matches.

Can play new guys. They'll definitely score those 5 runs.

Yesterday was awful batting.
Rohit hooking in last over before lunch.
Kohli flashing the 1st ball he faced. 
Rahane mindlessly gettinng run out.

All these 3 could have been avoided. It was just careless cricket. 

You forgot needless Poke outside off stump from Pujara as usual. 

If I was selector and Mayank was fit I will play him at 3 next match. Kohli at 4. Sky at 5. Pant at 6. Then Ashwin/Jadeja, Thakur and others. Mayank and sky can't do worse than what Pujara and Rahane have been doing. Only better.

1 minute ago, harsh1387 said:

You forgot needless Poke outside off stump from Pujara as usual. 

If I was selector and Mayank was fit I will play him at 3 next match. Kohli at 4. Sky at 5. Pant at 6. Then Ashwin/Jadeja, Thakur and others. Mayank and sky can't do worse than what Pujara and Rahane have been doing. Only better.

Mayank will be fit for 2 nd test.

open with Mayank and Rahul at no 3.
Or vice versa. 

Sky will be under quarantine, only available for 3rd test. 

I will throw in another hat, why not try Ashwin or Jadeja at #3, that way we can play 6 bowlers too. SKY has to come in place of rahane, its enough of seeing him on the crease now.

How painful to watch test cricket in England, imagine players. Rain is such a dampner.

Edited by AtheK

40 minutes ago, AtheK said:

I will throw in another hat, why not try Ashwin or Jadeja at #3, that way we can play 6 bowlers too. SKY has to come in place of rahane, its enough of seeing him on the crease now.

How painful to watch test cricket in England, imagine players. Rain is such a dampner.

Ashwin/Jadeja at 3? :blink:

Bhai, kya pi lia aaj 

1 hour ago, Kushagra said:

Ashwin/Jadeja at 3? :blink:

Bhai, kya pi lia aaj 

Why not, Jadeja has technically been the best batsman we have had off late, give it a shot, you never know. Pujara seems to be done with.

19 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Why not, Jadeja has technically been the best batsman we have had off late, give it a shot, you never know. Pujara seems to be done with.

Management will never go for it. And Jadeja is doing great at 7. Why mess with that. Rather play Mayank and Sky in place of Pujara, Rahane.

So, we have the lead thanks to Pant being aggressive and now Jadeja providing good support. KL rahul has been awesome this game. Would love to see him make a ?.

13 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

Management will never go for it. And Jadeja is doing great at 7. Why mess with that. Rather play Mayank and Sky in place of Pujara, Rahane.

So, we have the lead thanks to Pant being aggressive and now Jadeja providing good support. KL rahul has been awesome this game. Would love to see him make a ?.

SKY definitely needs to come in for rahane, pujara might be persisted with for this series, but if he does not coem through, that probably will be end of it. Mayank is just unlucky, when he was a sure shot starter got a concussion, now KL has done enough to be not touched for next two test.

2 hours ago, AtheK said:

Jadeja should walk in to this side as pure batsman. I think he has scored more runs than Virat in last few series.

2 hours ago, AtheK said:

Jadeja should walk in to this side as pure batsman. I think he has scored more runs than Virat in last few series.

9 minutes ago, silentassassin said:

No doubt. Drop Rahane. Move pant one up. Bat Jadeja at 6. Ashwin at 7. Thakur at 8. Bat deep and bowl deep. 

6 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

How is sky's record in first class cricket?

It's quite good. More than record his temperament will count here.