The Cricket Thread

AtheK

Its ECB's fault tbh.

They did not go with a bio bubble at all. 
I dont like what happened, but Shastri broke no rules.

ECB should have had a strict bio bubble and controlled everything.

Now there isn't enough time to reschedule anything. I blame china for all this.. 

26 minutes ago, silentassassin said:

Its ECB's fault tbh.

Now there isn't enough time to reschedule anything. I blame china for all this.. 

Apparently it will happen next year when India is scheduled to visit to play ODI series, they will get 5 days probably then.

29 minutes ago, silentassassin said:

Its ECB's fault tbh.

Shastri and Kohli attended a book signing event without getting the go ahead from their own cricket board, protocol was not followed. I honestly can’t wait for Shastri to leave, it’s no surprise Kohli’s form has dipped under him, Shastri does not have the goti’s to question Kohli. India’s bowling attack leading us to so many historical victories is masking a lot of issues with this team.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kenzooru said:

Shastri and Kohli attended a book signing event without getting the go ahead from their own cricket board, protocol was not followed. I honestly can’t wait for Shastri to leave, it’s no surprise Kohli’s form has dipped under him, Shastri does not have the goti’s to question Kohli. India’s bowling attack leading us to so many historical victories is masking a lot of issues with this team.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/india-in-england/india-vs-england-once-uk-opened-for-all-ecb-did-not-opt-for-a-series-specific-bio-bubble/articleshow/86093108.cms?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=TOIMobile

Not about a bubble. The players and staff were still supposed to follow protocols.List of Venues where the players and staff could visit were provided to them. The event visited by Shastri and Kohli was not on the list approved by the ECB and BCCI, BCCI was also not informed by the Indian captain and coach that they would be attending the event. 

No point in blaming the Brits, when our own can’t follow basic etiquette’s.

England changed the team because the series was being played in England, wouldn’t have been possible if they were they were touring.

Also, not a lot of players are in favour of having a strict bio bubble. They are human beings and need to have some of their freedom. Remember the Indian team made a big fuss about the strict bubble protocols in Australia. Being given an approved list of venues is much better than a bio bubble, especially since the players have been vaccinated.

Also, it is far from stupid to blame the head coach and team captain from acting unprofessional. You didn’t inform your own cricket board before attending an event which was probably attended by people that weren’t vaccinated or had any testing protocols. One of you gets covid, gets a bunch of your coaching staff positive too. 

• Like 1

Obviously we all are disappointed but this is an absolute right decision. Health of players and people associated with them is more important. If this match is forfeited then series will level at 2-2 and that will be extremely sad from India's point of view but the situation can't be helped.

ICC will probably decide on forfeit. 

ECB has said if this match will be played next year then it will be standalone and not associated with this series. 

This was a problem from the start.

This was way back in May: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2021/05/25/england-resist-request-rearrange-test-series-india-accommodate/

The worst thing that could have happened in this situation happened. It was a choice restarting the IPL on time (paisa), and giving this Test the best chance. This was one of the best tours we have had in a long time (after the Aus tour earlier this year) so its a shame its ended this way

Rumors coming in that Virat will quit white ball captaincy after T20 WC to focus on test captaincy & batting..

Welcome change, will take burden off him as well. 
But we need to start grooming our next captain. Rohit also will not be around after 3/4 years