The Cricket Thread

AtheK

7 hours ago, silentassassin said:

Rumors coming in that Virat will quit white ball captaincy after T20 WC to focus on test captaincy & batting..

Welcome change, will take burden off him as well. 
But we need to start grooming our next captain. Rohit also will not be around after 3/4 years 

True.

I would like Pant to become T20 captain. Virat for Tests, Rohit for ODIs and Pant for T20.

14rcb1.jpg?w=670&h=900

'RCB to wear Blue Jersey v KKR on 20th. We at RCB are honoured to sport the Blue kit, which resembles the colour of the PPE kits of the frontline warriors, to pay tribute to their invaluable service while leading the fight against the Covid pandemic

good call, as a matter of fact time is not far he should quite T20I altogether, we need to revisit our T20I team, it needs hitters from word go not accumulators. Where in Kohli can accelerate end of innings for sure, but if he gets out before that it becomes an ODI innings then a T20I innings, hopefully he can sign off as a captain on a high by winning the tournament, though i have doubts.

Where is that story from? 

Kohli has been put in place by the board, he was literally controlling the bcci till the new revamp happened. Electing Rahul Dravid as the coach to the alt team, appointing dhoni as the mentor, soon his ravi bhai will also be removed are all signs by the BCCI to show him who the real boss of Indian cricket is. 

• Haha 1

Four years after bitter fallout with Virat Kohli, Anil Kumble back on BCCI radar

The odds are stacking up against Team India captain Virat Kohli.

With the tenures of Ravi Shastri, bowling coach Bharat Arun and fielding coach R Sridhar coming to an end after the World T20 starting next month, the BCCI is set to approach Anil Kumble to take on the role of head coach once again, The Indian Express has learnt.

Kumble, the former captain and legendary leg-spinner, was head coach of the team before he decided to step down in 2017 after reports emerged of serious differences with Kohli.

https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/anil-kumble-bcci-kohli-fallout-india-head-coach-radar-7516377/

I had high hopes from Ganguly as he was Captain himself and knows the challenges in Indian cricket. But, he has proven to be a bigger disappointment than the nepotism guy. Whatever the rift is between Kohli and BCCI should have remained indoors and all statements should have been made after World cup. This is very bad for team morale. 

Now, there are talks of Kohli not wanting Rohit as Vice Captain. Kumble being asked to Coach after Shastri knowing full well he and Kohli doesn't go along and Kohli is still ODI and test captain. Moreover what has Kumble achieved as a Coach with Punjab? All he has done is to make a stroke maker KL Rahul bat as an accumulator. Doesn't make any sense to go back to Kumble now when so many better coaches like Hessen, Moody, Mahela etc can be tried. BCCI should either sack Kohli as Captain in all formats or not bring Kumble back. 

I think all these are just speculations.

n Virat's request to have 1 more vice captain make sense.
If he'll be captain till 2023 WC, then Rohit can never be captain. Better to get new VC now and Virat resigns after 2023 WC and plays as a player like how MS did.
That'll be the right approach.

I dont buy into all these rumors tbh. There's a rumor some senior player was unhappy with Kohli during Eng series ? 
Rahane an pujara not scoring runs at all. Rohit is cementing his place in tests. Who has the merit to talk against Virat in test team. Makes so sense.

Can only be Ashwin, if its true. 

On 9/17/2021 at 9:32 AM, KnackChap said:

Where is that story from? 

Kohli has been put in place by the board, he was literally controlling the bcci till the new revamp happened. Electing Rahul Dravid as the coach to the alt team, appointing dhoni as the mentor, soon his ravi bhai will also be removed are all signs by the BCCI to show him who the real boss of Indian cricket is. 

Ravi bhai is leaving too.

https://www.indiatoday.in/sports/cricket/story/ravi-shastri-to-step-down-as-india-coach-after-t20-world-cup-anil-kumble-likely-to-return-1854186-2021-09-18