The Cricket Thread

AtheK

Hated because he made them train hard and had them follow a schedule unlike doing what they wanted. Still I doubt he'll come back until kohli is playing. Other name doing the round is VVS. won't judge much into the ipl record as it's been just one season and they coach for only a few months. 

Virat had it coming tbh, the only reason he survived so long was because there was no BCCI. There were stories from the last eng tour that the team didn't even travel in the team bus together after each day & some would even go by cab or bike to the hotel. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silentassassin said:

I think all these are just speculations.

n Virat's request to have 1 more vice captain make sense.
If he'll be captain till 2023 WC, then Rohit can never be captain. Better to get new VC now and Virat resigns after 2023 WC and plays as a player like how MS did.
That'll be the right approach.

I'm calling BS on virat wanting the next line of succession. He has systematically destroyed or had problems with every single current successor to his place be it Rohit, Ash, Rahane etc. And I don't think they'll give him captaincy till wc 2023, if anything he'll quit that too post T20 WC or bcci will make him do it. The report also said that Rohit is much closer to the juniors than virat and purely judging by social media  you could see Rohit dancing or having fun in tiktoks of new players or going out with them while virat has often been seen ridiculing younger players like karun nair or pant. 

Now I am 100% leaving India T20 Captaincy was also his decision and not forced by BCCI. We all forget one thing, he is a father now. No matter who you are life changes once you are married and changes again once you become a father. He has achieved so much, it's natural he wants to stretch his playing career as a batsman and give his family all the time he can. Absolutely brilliant decision of leaving both captaincy. I hope we get the 2016 Kohli back now.

• Like 1