The Cricket Thread

AtheK

This team doesn't deserve to even go in the 2nd round tbqh. No point supporting them (and I don't even feel like it). Going into 2nd round via the Afg-Namibia-Scotland quota and escaping responsibility by saying "We went to 2nd round" is something that should not happen. This should serve as a wake up call to the sponsors and fans. Get the fans angry enough to make sponsors scrub out the players' advertisement contract + tank their IPL auction value, and the team will come in line properly.

10 minutes ago, roun90 said:

This team doesn't deserve to even go in the 2nd round tbqh. No point supporting them (and I don't even feel like it). Going into 2nd round via the Afg-Namibia-Scotland quota and escaping responsibility by saying "We went to 2nd round" is something that should not happen. This should serve as a wake up call to the sponsors and fans. Get the fans angry enough to make sponsors scrub out the players' advertisement contract + tank their IPL auction value, and the team will come in line properly.

There is no 2nd round. It's semifinal after this.

England was 47/3 after first 10 overs (almost like India) and they finished with 163/4 , that is 116 runs added in last 10 overs. Morgan struggled but did sweat it out and provided good support to butler, who himself struggled initially and then opened up. Indian team should see this again and again, who had no application and played like headless chickens. England might win or lose, but at least the fans won’t mock them, they played a great first innings.

Everyone saying wicket is slow and Indian player struggled should see this innings too, England surely is a strong contender for the quality of cricket they are playing.

35 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Wtf. She should have been given out and probably sanctioned too. Bad sportsmanship and stupid umpiring.

And that umpire is supposed to have officiated in some test matches. But, it's funny to watch ?

Sri Lanka gave such a good fight to England. And Sri Lanka wasn't even in original teams and had to play qualifiers. And look at our own Meme team.. 

7 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Ashwin at least follows the rules even if it's unethical or rude. She broke the rule of obstructing the field and should have been given out as per rules.

Mankading is no way unethical or bad sportsmanship. I dont even know why it is still being called this. It is a runout at bowlers end. Game is dominated by batsmen and if they are getting runout at bowling end, it is because they are trying to cheat some yards which is unethical. Ashwin is no way wrong or unethical or unsportsmanlike in his conduct there. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ZooZoo said:

Mankading is no way unethical or bad sportsmanship. I dont even know why it is still being called this. It is a runout at bowlers end. Game is dominated by batsmen and if they are getting runout at bowling end, it is because they are trying to cheat some yards which is unethical. Ashwin is no way wrong or unethical or unsportsmanlike in his conduct there. 

True

11 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Ashwin at least follows the rules even if it's unethical or rude. She broke the rule of obstructing the field and should have been given out as per rules.

I meant that like ashwin she’s also maybe not breaking any rules as batsmen do run in the line of the throw a lot of times. 

2 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

I meant that like ashwin she’s also maybe not breaking any rules as batsmen do run in the line of the throw a lot of times. 

Not like this, this is clear obstruction of field. Batsman changing line drastically are given out too.