The Cricket Thread

AtheK

I just hope all this nonsense by BCCI and Ganguly won't screw up our test series in SA.

And i really hope Virat answers with his bat for this disgraceful way of his removal.

Also proves Ganguly was lying when he said Virat was in the loop and he spoke to him before it happened.
a95fe0c22319d99262468dc53d7fc4e1.jpg

Sent from my SM-E625F using Tapatalk

While I see people comparing current era behavior vs Sachin Era, they should also factor in the speed at which information(Fake news included) travels in current era and how much toll it might take on them.

Current gen cricketers also need to face lot of flak online due to online presence(insta/twitter comments etc), read through lot of stuff against them etc.  So it is not apples to apples comparison of how people reacted then vs now etc.

3 hours ago, Pacifier said:

While I see people comparing current era behavior vs Sachin Era, they should also factor in the speed at which information(Fake news included) travels in current era and how much toll it might take on them.

Current gen cricketers also need to face lot of flak online due to online presence(insta/twitter comments etc), read through lot of stuff against them etc.  So it is not apples to apples comparison of how people reacted then vs now etc.

current gen cricketrs only get trolled on social media but the older players houses would get stoned and attacked during the  90’s ~ 2000’s era. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Right said:

Kohli got what he gave to Kumble, Karma...

Very well done by Ganguly, if that was the thought process.

Virat is being a chu now, like he always has been, earlier at least he was scoring, now he can't even bat properly. If we loose SA series, and he fails with bat, he is handing over his test captaincy on a platter as well after this.

His removal from T20I team is not far anyway, he should just shutup and bat and answer in that way, he is just being stupid right now!!

5 players of windies tested positive. Tour is under threat of cancellation. Pakistan are quite unlucky. Before Aussies and England and NZ backed out and now Covid has struck.

Was expecting carnage in Adelaide pink ball test but England is good for nothing. Unless something dramatic happens Aussies are in for a big score.

Pakistan-West Indies ODI series postponed to June 2022

Following five more COVID-19 positive cases in the West Indies camp in Karachi on Thursday, the three-match ODI series, which was due to follow the ongoing T20Is, has been pushed forward to June next year, the PCB and WICB said in a joint statement.

As a part of PCB COVID-19 protocols, Rapid Antigen Tests were conducted on Thursday (December 16) on the remaining 15 West Indies players and six player support personnel. All 21 tests came back negative, allowing for the third T20I to go ahead in the evening as scheduled. But shortage of resources in the West Indies camp has led to the postponement of the ODI series, due to begin on Saturday.

"However, taking into consideration both the teams' welfare as well as limited resources in the West Indies side for the ODIs, it has been agreed that the series, which forms part of the ICC Men's Cricket Word Cup Super League, will be postponed and rescheduled for early June 2022," the release read.

link

England looking like such a 3rd grade team.
Ollie Robinson bowling spin to speed up over rate :doh:
Robinson was actually an off spinner till he was 18. His step dad was a coach who urged him to start bowling pace cos of his height and build. So, he can actually bowl decent off spin.

England should sack Root. Move on from broad and Anderson. Get some decent batters. Btw, reports state Broad and Anderson have been bullying others in the team and don't listen to Root at all. I wish we could have played last test and win that series in England that time.

That series was just too epic. So many moments. Crashing to 36, Ashwin Vihari defiance yo safe the match, Pant Spiderman, See you at Gabba chat and then Gabba happened. No other team will go for such a big chase with a second string side but f**k yeah we did it. Even in that the no look six of Washi. Lord, Bumrah and Shami scoring runs throughout the series. It was just a dream. It deserves a documentary like The Test. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ZooZoo said:

That series was just too epic. So many moments. Crashing to 36, Ashwin Vihari defiance yo safe the match, Pant Spiderman, See you at Gabba chat and then Gabba happened. No other team will go for such a big chase with a second string side but f**k yeah we did it. Even in that the no look six of Washi. Lord, Bumrah and Shami scoring runs throughout the series. It was just a dream. It deserves a documentary like The Test. 

Down underdogs