The Cricket Thread

AtheK

ODI team is good enough but selectors should have selected Shaw rather than Gaikwad. Ruturaj is an exciting future player but what Shaw can do when he clicks none of these openers can. Plus he was ahead in pecking order before his injury miss out. Selectors did him dirty here.

Good to see Washi back. We need to develop him as a good backup of Ashwin especially in tests. As much as I like Ash I don't want him playing white ball especially ODIs. He needs to further his test career if he wants to cross magic figure of 500 wickets and playing so much may mess his fitness.

Sent from my SM-E625F using Tapatalk

Rutu is the one for the future. He has both the technique & temperament to play & succed in all 3 formats unlike Shaw. He can be the one to replace Rohit post wc 2023. Shaw's fitness is questionable & he looks unfit plus is a terrible fielder despite being in the early 20's. Also there were reports of him having attitude problems in the last to last aus tour. Personally to me, along with ruturaj, Gill and yashaswi areĀ  better prospects and future batting superstars. Yashaswi esp looks extremely calm and composed while batting (plus we need a leftie), gill though has under delivered as of yet.Ā 

6 hours ago, AtheK said:

Dravid is the one who should take the blame for this, he has not changed anything and just playing along.

You are forgetting that this is not Rahul dravid from Cred ad which says he is indira Nagar ka gunda.Ā 

Ā 

Just basis on one match you cannot drop a experienced player. But this is probably last chance in second innings for both pujara and Rahane.Ā 

Ā 

And what happened to Shreyas suddenly waha hagne gaya hain.Ā 

7 minutes ago, DinJo said:

You are forgetting that this is not Rahul dravid from Cred ad which says he is indira Nagar ka gunda.Ā 

Ā 

Just basis on one match you cannot drop a experienced player. But this is probably last chance in second innings for both pujara and Rahane.Ā 

Ā 

This is his second series now, he should put his foot down if not Indira Nagar ka gunda atleast should speak up. And one of these two experienced guy has been ultra pathetic from a long long time now, hopefully both get out on 0 and we can have them booted for good, I still feel for Pujara but rahane is such a shameless chap.

13 hours ago, DinJo said:

Ā 

Ā 

True.

He has just entered the set up. Let's not forget Pujara and Rahane still have Huge fan following, especially Pujara after his BGT heroics. So, obviously Dravid will give them couple of chances before replacing. Even Gavaskar has stated next innings is last chance for Pujara and Rahane.Ā 

Ā 

I hope Vihari can make some runs in second innings and push out Rahane atleast.Ā 

Ā 

More concerned about Siraj injury, if he can't bowl any further we are at mercy of Shami and Bumrah only as Thakur is at best a holding bowler and Ashwin won't be much of use considering the lack of assistance for spin.Ā 

I like Rahane, but I don't think he has much longer left. He looked in great touch in the first Test, but threw away a good start in the 1st innings, then got out looking for quick runs in the 2nd. Hopefully he can do better in the 2nd innings here; we need it.

7 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

True.

He has just entered the set up. Let's not forget Pujara and Rahane still have Huge fan following, especially Pujara after his BGT heroics. So, obviously Dravid will give them couple of chances before replacing. Even Gavaskar has stated next innings is last chance for Pujara and Rahane.Ā 

Ā 

I hope Vihari can make some runs in second innings and push out Rahane atleast.Ā 

Ā 

More concerned about Siraj injury, if he can't bowl any further we are at mercy of Shami and Bumrah only as Thakur is at best a holding bowler and Ashwin won't be much of use considering the lack of assistance for spin.Ā 

Never doubt Lord Thakur, ever.

• Like 1

What a fantastic moment for Bangladesh cricket. Beating World Champions at their home against all odds is absolutely brilliant. No one saw it coming and that's what makes it more compelling!

Ā 

I like the approach by Pujara yesterday. Ashwin showed in first innings blocking won't help on this pitch and if you don't counterattack you will get out sooner than later. I know we all want Rahane to be dropped but we do need a good innings from him today to give a total of 200+ for SA to chase. It's also time for second innings Pant to play his one crucial knock of series.Ā 

• Like 1

Bangladesh has created history, what an achievement, if they can keep there head on shoulders and not be so emotional, they can really do well. They have the passion and the drive.

• Like 1