The Cricket Thread

AtheK

Boom looked damn exhausted in the end. almost 24 overs in the day for a fast bowler and he was cranking it up to 90 MPH every over. We are blessed to have such a gem of a bowler but Kohli should not break him down. Should rest him for few ODIs to get fresh. Umesh is not really an asset on overseas pitches, he leaks far too many runs and releases the pressure created by Boom. Ishant with his height and awkward bounce would have been a better option on such a pitch. I wish we somehow find a decent left arm fast bowler, then this attack would be perfect. Boom, lala, Fit Siraj and leftie.

Thanks to Mr.Dravid Being spineless too, stupid team selection, playing 9 vs 11, and head coach sitting and going along. Dumb and Stupid. We might have lost out on a chance to win a series in SA just because of absolutely ridiculous team selection.

Edited by AtheK

17 minutes ago, ZooZoo said:

Boom looked damn exhausted in the end. almost 24 overs in the day for a fast bowler and he was cranking it up to 90 MPH every over. We are blessed to have such a gem of a bowler but Kohli should not break him down. Should rest him for few ODIs to get fresh. Umesh is not really an asset on overseas pitches, he leaks far too many runs and releases the pressure created by Boom. Ishant with his height and awkward bounce would have been a better option on such a pitch. I wish we somehow find a decent left arm fast bowler, then this attack would be perfect. Boom, lala, Fit Siraj and leftie.

Arzan nagaswalla is the left arm pacer that has been touring as a reserve bowler in both England and here. I think we'll see him soon

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, ZooZoo said:

True, he should definitely be rested, he still has one more innings of workload to take care of. Though the way we are batting won't be surprised if SA needs to chase less then 150.

Ashwin also needs to be relooked, do we really need a spinner now Overseas, we are definitely missing jadeja, and if we have to play a spinner, Jadeja should always start ahead of Ashwin. This series has put that debate to an end. Mayank agarwal also has been exposed, and KL still needs to work hard, but should be persisted with.

Ideally overseas this is how the team should look like now

KL Rahul

Rohit

Gill

Kohli

Iyer/Vihari

Pant

Jadeja

Thakur

Shami

Bumrah

Ishant (Or let's find some one new)

Edited by AtheK
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AtheK said:

True, he should definitely be rested, he still has one more innings of workload to take care of. Though the way we are batting won't be surprised if SA needs to chase less then 150.

Ashwin also needs to be relooked, do we really need a spinner now Overseas, we are definitely missing jadeja, and if we have to play a spinner, Jadeja should always start ahead of Ashwin. This series has put that debate to an end. Mayank agarwal also has been exposed, and KL still needs to work hard, but should be persisted with.

Ideally overseas this is how the team should look like now

KL Rahul

Rohit

Gill

Kohli

Iyer/Vihari

Pant

Jadeja

Thakur

Shami

Bumrah

Ishant (Or let's find some one new)

Siraj in place of Ishanth. How come you forgot him ?
Siraj was injured last game.

He's really good with red ball. Has pace and accuracy. 

Purane (Puji+Rahane) need to go. They have been given far too many chances and these odd 30s/40s once in a series are not helping at all. Putting unnecessary pressure on our bowlers to dig us out everytime where we should have won comfortably with half decent batting. Also, we are wasting our youngsters on the bench who should get these many chances to get settled at international level.

So many people wanted Pant to be dropped after last match and were up in arms when I stated he is a rare talent and a match winner. Only if our tail has an iota of brain we could have managed 30-40 more runs. Kohli in first innings and now Pant in second innings ran out of partners. But, brilliant 100 which may or may not be match winning as 211 in my opinion is atleast 40-50 short.

I don't blame Dravid. He is relatively new in his role. I blame selectors for keep selecting Pujara and Rahane. No spine at all and worst at their job.

2 hours ago, silentassassin said:

Siraj in place of Ishanth. How come you forgot him ?
Siraj was injured last game.

He's really good with red ball. Has pace and accuracy. 

Oh yes Siraj, totally forgot him.

Good intent from SA, it's been a good series though!!