AtheK

34 minutes ago, TAZ said:

Gill

KL
Vihari

Kohli

Iyer

Pant

This should be the new batting line from now on, Enough with the Pujara - Rahane failures. They have won us many games but I guess its time for them to make way for some better players. 

Mayank should be there. 

What!!!

I am shocked. 

All controversies aside he is the best test captain we ever had. It's clear there are many issues between him and Ganguly going on, hence his leaving test Captaincy. I feel he may even retire like this anytime because if he doesn't feel wanted and his passion for he game is reduced then what's the point. 

Worst part is we don't have a replacement.
Rahul is pure simple words absolutely rubbish as Captain. Rahane should never play for India again. Pujara is end of his game too. Rohit is only logical choice but he is too injury prone and burden of 3 format Captaincy will kill his fitness and game. That leave only Pant who is guarantee in tests atleast. 

Now I am sure selector idiots will make Rahul as Captain. To say I am disappointed and angry with Kohli leaving Captaincy is an understatement. But, if it brings the Kohli of 2016 then we will take it.

Rahul doesn't inspire much confidence especially after his captaincy in the 2nd Test. Rahane didn't even lead the team then so management have moved on, and might be looking to drop him altogether now.

What about Rohit? I don't know if he has much experience captaining FC teams, it won't be anything like leading a T20 side.

49 minutes ago, Banz said:

What about Rohit? I don't know if he has much experience captaining FC teams, it won't be anything like leading a T20 side.

Questionable fitness, age not on side and work load to lead India in 3 formats + IPL captaincy might be too much for anyone. No one in the current lineup has a fixed position in batting line-up to even lead the tem tbh. 

Kohli team selection might be questionable, but his test captaincy wasn’t. Phenomenal captain, though used to go overboard sometimes, last test as captain he would want to forget both for the result and his behaviour. 

Hope he gets back to scoring big as our batting looks fragile, no worthy replacement for captaincy in sight. I would like to go opposite to tide and how about making Jadeja the red ball captain, his place is sure, and he has always played with full commitment, Rahul is still not ready, forget captaincy, not even for opening.

51 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Kohli team selection might be questionable, but his test captaincy wasn’t. Phenomenal captain, though used to go overboard sometimes, last test as captain he would want to forget both for the result and his behaviour. 

Hope he gets back to scoring big as our batting looks fragile, no worthy replacement for captaincy in sight. I would like to go opposite to tide and how about making Jadeja the red ball captain, his place is sure, and he has always played with full commitment, Rahul is still not ready, forget captaincy, not even for opening.

Bowler shouldn't be captain in Indian set up. Pacers will get injured or rotated and miss matches, spinners won't be sure shot in SENA matches. 

For a period of 4-5 years atleast we need a batter to be captain. 

Only if Kohli had captained couple more years and Shreyas has played in those 2 years he could have been an excellent option. Now it's gonna be a sh*t show.

3 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

Bowler shouldn't be captain in Indian set up. Pacers will get injured or rotated and miss matches, spinners won't be sure shot in SENA matches. 

For a period of 4-5 years atleast we need a batter to be captain. 

Only if Kohli had captained couple more years and Shreyas has played in those 2 years he could have been an excellent option. Now it's gonna be a sh*t show.

Jadeja is probably the best bat we have had for a long time now in tests, i call him a batting all rounder now then a balling all rounder, he walks into team before any other batsman in current form, including Kohli.

4 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Jadeja is a good option. Dunno if he has any captaincy experience. Won't be surprised if CSK also make him captain this ipl. 

But then neither does Rahul, a little bit that he has in IPL holds no good for test. I think no one except Rohit, but Rohit should be kept away from red ball captaincy.

6 hours ago, AtheK said:

Jadeja is probably the best bat we have had for a long time now in tests, i call him a batting all rounder now then a balling all rounder, he walks into team before any other batsman in current form, including Kohli.

True but jaddu is very injury prone since last 2 years. We need someone who is young and fit to lead. 

7 hours ago, AtheK said:

But then neither does Rahul, a little bit that he has in IPL holds no good for test. I think no one except Rohit, but Rohit should be kept away from red ball captaincy.

Not in favour of rahul. His Punjab captaincy is beyond terrible and even his place was not fixed in any format till recently. I think they'll make Rohit the stop gap captain and get some new players for rahane/pujara and then decide later.