The Cricket Thread

AtheK

This SA series we missed Jadeja terribly.
He used to chip in runs every match down the order.

He's a constant in all formats across all conditions. He can be a good captain. 

n so much for Ashwin being world class and everyone criticizing Kohli for not playing him. 
Hardly picked any wickets or had any impact. Dint score much as well. 

We should stop counting on jaddu or missing him. His runs at 7 are a bonus and should not be a necessity for us to win matches. If that's the case then top 6 aren't doing their job and that should be corrected. Can't blame Ashwin as his primary job is to take wickets and SA pitches assist no spin hence it was a given he won't be effective. He was only played to control the over rate. 

Anyways with Kohli resigning and selectors as dimwits I am sure our outstanding performances in tests for last few years are gonna go downhill now. Just hope our Pacers remain as good as they are.

I think it's pretty clear what she's trying to do. Trying to make virat some sort of Martyr and gain public sympathy. whenever she got trolled for cricketing reasons, she was always please leave me out of cricket stuff and now she jumped right in. 

Should he have left test captaincy? No. Is he our greatest ever test captain? Maybe. Was there internal politics behind him laeving test captaincy? Imo absolutely yes BUT virat had it coming. He threw a sissy fit when his odi captaincy was taken and said he was informed only an hour before. So what? Did he inform numerous players before dropping them. He infact ruined and insulted so many players like karun nair, Rayudu, vijay, yuvraj after telling him to clear yo-yo which he did(though his form was debatable), Ash, kuldeep, etc. Heck even rahane who was his VC was dropped in a test match and he didn't know the status of his LOI VC rohit during Australian tour citing "havent spoken to him".  even in his captaincy quitting statement he just named one coach (shastri) while he was captain under 4-5 different coaches. If you can't show basic courtesy to others, don't expect it to be returned. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

I think it's pretty clear what she's trying to do. Trying to make virat some sort of Martyr and gain public sympathy. whenever she got trolled for cricketing reasons, she was always please leave me out of cricket stuff and now she jumped right in. 

Should he have left test captaincy? No. Is he our greatest ever test captain? Maybe. Was there internal politics behind him laeving test captaincy? Imo absolutely yes BUT virat had it coming. He threw a sissy fit when his odi captaincy was taken and said he was informed only an hour before. So what? Did he inform numerous players before dropping them. He infact ruined and insulted so many players like karun nair, Rayudu, vijay, yuvraj after telling him to clear yo-yo which he did(though his form was debatable), Ash, kuldeep, etc. Heck even rahane who was his VC was dropped in a test match and he didn't know the status of his LOI VC rohit during Australian tour citing "havent spoken to him". Heck even in his captaincy quitting statement he just named one coach (shastri) while he was captain under 4-5 different coaches. If you can't show basic courtesy to others, don't expect it to be returned. 

very well said :good:

Well said KC, Kohli had it coming, he has been acting stupid for too long now and some one please remind him India ended up winning the series in Aus when he was not around and one of the most famous victories ever.

Lesser said for Anushka the better, I am glad this saga is over, and I won’t be surprised if he is dropped from T20 team soon, and with captaincy gone his place in test team will be of question soon too, he has been just average from last 2 years at best.

classic case of a player thinking himself above the game and the administrators, wish RCB had dropped him too. Humility is a virtue which clearly seems missing in this couple, just busy going Gaga over reach other. Hopefully he scores some runs today and gets back to scoring runs, we really need Virat the batsman back.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Why didnt venky bowl a few overs? And people want him to be test captain. 

We can keep blaming Captain and glorify Dravid but it's clear all calls are taken by entire management. 2 players made 100 and no one thought of giving few overs to Venky who is playing as an all-rounder. If the strategy was not to give him any overs then Gaikwad should have opened and Rahul should have batted at 5 with no need for Venky in team. This kind of stupid brain dead thinking is why we haven't won any ICC tournament since long.

Yeah I mean if sa ended around 250 I could understand him not getting any over. Infact sa scored quiet slow in the last 10 overs so the total could Ave been even higher. And today was the ideal time for him to bowl, watch him being given the ball when sa are going at 7 RPO after 20 overs. a couple of bad overs later he'll be dropped for next series and pandya will be come back in his place. 

Lol, ODI main bhi muh kala!!

Kohli looks at Score caard, oh 50 ho gaya, Avg maintained hai, chalo chala jaye!!

Rest be like chodo kya try karna, only Dhawan was thinking ki agla match kasie khelna hai, kuch to run banana padega re baba!!