The Cricket Thread

AtheK

10 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

I disagree.

He was in aggressive mood and ball was there for the pull shot. Was unlucky it went straight to fielder. That happens.

Baby Lol GIF by MOODMAN

His mind is just somewhere else right now :P

I will be happy to be proven wrong.

On 2/7/2022 at 8:02 PM, harsh1387 said:

I disagree.

He was in aggressive mood and ball was there for the pull shot. Was unlucky it went straight to fielder. That happens.

aaj kaunse mood main tha???

He really should take few series off and get back refreshed!!

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, eddy4823 said:

What does Iyer has to do to come in the ODI Squad ? Why isn't Gill playing ? Are both these guys injured ?

din't he already failed thrice in SA?

ALso he was down with Covid. I think Surya kumar is a better bet then Iyer anyway, maybe Iyer will get in for hooda in next game, that is the only open position, but then hooda might need to make way for dhawan, so Iyer will have to sit out.

4 hours ago, AtheK said:

din't he already failed thrice in SA?

ALso he was down with Covid. I think Surya kumar is a better bet then Iyer anyway, maybe Iyer will get in for hooda in next game, that is the only open position, but then hooda might need to make way for dhawan, so Iyer will have to sit out.

Hooda looked solid. And unlike a few (pant, rahul etc) he's playing at a position that he played all his life.  Need to persist with him for a few matches. For next match I think they'll drop pant and make kl keep wickets with Dhawan coming in. 

Personally imo sky, Hooda and Sundar may solve our middle order crisis. 

And as I said virat ka 71st will come on the 71st page of this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

Hooda looked solid. And unlike a few (pant, rahul etc) he's playing at a position that he played all his life.  Need to persist with him for a few matches. For next match I think they'll drop pant and make kl keep wickets with Dhawan coming in. 

Personally imo sky, Hooda and Sundar may solve our middle order crisis. 

And as I said virat ka 71st will come on the 71st page of this. 

Agreed with KL replacing Pant, Jaddu is going to be back, i think that time they can replace chahal with him, that should make the middle order super solid.

Dhawan

Rohit

Virat

Surya

KL (WK)

Jadeja

Hooda

Washington (Should play him as floater, if wickes fall early send him up)

Thakur

Siraj/Krishna

Bumrah

We will bat till #9

Edited by AtheK

'I made the decisions but someone else took its credit': Rahane fires cryptic shot about India's Test win in Australia

In a startling revelation, Ajinkya Rahane, the former India Test vice-captain took a cryptic dig at some people, saying they took away the credit for his hard work referring to India's 2-1 win in the 2020/21 Border-Gavaskar Trophy.

With Virat Kohli back home to be there for the birth of his first child, Rahane led the team spiritedly in Australia as India - who were rolled over for 36 in the first Test in Adelaide - won Test matches in Melbourne and Brisbane, and drew at Sydney.

"I know what I did there. I don't need to say this to anybody. And that's not my nature that I will go and take credit. Yes, there were a few things, for which I made the decisions on the field and dressing room but somebody else too the credit. What was important for me was that we won the series and that was a historical series. For me, that was really special,"

link

Should give Pant a run at no 4 for a few games.
He's a special player. If he comes good, he's gonna rip opposition attacks apart.

Good decision to make Rahul bat in middle order. He's doing good job there.
Let him bat at 5, followed by Sky n Jadeja.

53 minutes ago, san_Assassin said:

'I made the decisions but someone else took its credit': Rahane fires cryptic shot about India's Test win in Australia

In a startling revelation, Ajinkya Rahane, the former India Test vice-captain took a cryptic dig at some people, saying they took away the credit for his hard work referring to India's 2-1 win in the 2020/21 Border-Gavaskar Trophy.

With Virat Kohli back home to be there for the birth of his first child, Rahane led the team spiritedly in Australia as India - who were rolled over for 36 in the first Test in Adelaide - won Test matches in Melbourne and Brisbane, and drew at Sydney.

"I know what I did there. I don't need to say this to anybody. And that's not my nature that I will go and take credit. Yes, there were a few things, for which I made the decisions on the field and dressing room but somebody else too the credit. What was important for me was that we won the series and that was a historical series. For me, that was really special,"

link

This is all fine & there is some truth to it with how shahstri came out and made some statement but only he can help himself by scoring runs no one else can do anything about it. Stuff like this is good for his biography book once he retires. 

6 minutes ago, silentassassin said:

Should give Pant a run at no 4 for a few games.
He's a special player. If he comes good, he's gonna rip opposition attacks apart.

Good decision to make Rahul bat in middle order. He's doing good job there.
Let him bat at 5, followed by Sky n Jadeja.

He looks lost on up the order, he should just play last 10 overs and know that he has to smash the ball, he is being wasted at #4

3 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

This is all fine & there is some truth to it with how shahstri came out and made some statement but only he can help himself by scoring runs no one else can do anything about it. Stuff like this is good for his biography book once he retires. 

ya but he has a point, people credit kohli for winning in Australia while in reality elhe did nothing in that particular series, what he did do was lose the ICC Test championship.

I think Shastri should talk less. 
We did well under him, its all fine.

I'm seeing him giving interviews everywhere and talking about a lot of stuff.

M very sure he will soon spill some dressing room secrets as well.

He should learn from Anil Kumble, just keep quiet and move on. Not create controversy.