The Cricket Thread

AtheK

3 minutes ago, silentassassin said:

200 + 5fer. 
Would have been epic.

Not sure y the declaration came. Game looks like not even gonna go past 3rd day. 

Dumbass management and Our Rahul Dravid as usual . Same happened with Sachin courtesy Dravid in that infamous 194 n.o. That match ended early too 

17 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

I am sure Rohit would have loved for jaddu to get a 200 but RD is again a spoilsport. Jaddu must be devastated, it's a rare chance for no.6-7 for us to get a 200. 

If it was indeed RD, it is definitely ultra stupid, we had way more then enough time to bundle out Sri Lanka.  

but what a player Jadeja is turning out to be, he should be the captain of test team.

Edited by AtheK

1 hour ago, AtheK said:

If it was indeed RD, it is definitely ultra stupid, we had way more then enough time to bundle out Sri Lanka.  

but what a player Jadeja is turning out to be, he should be the captain of test team.

I suspect RD cos of his history of making such decisions. I understand in interest of team sometimes such things need to be done but this is SL we are talking about in India against Ashwin and Jadeja. Everyone knew match will be over in max 4 days. 

And Jadeja should never be captain. We don't need to mess up his form with additional responsibilities. Let him do what he does best.

5 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

I suspect RD cos of his history of making such decisions. I understand in interest of team sometimes such things need to be done but this is SL we are talking about in India against Ashwin and Jadeja. Everyone knew match will be over in max 4 days. 

And Jadeja should never be captain. We don't need to mess up his form with additional responsibilities. Let him do what he does best.

Wait for Rohit sharma to break down after one series and India left with no captain :lol:

8 hours ago, AtheK said:

Jadeja has easily been our best test player from last 2 years.
Best test batsman as well. He has consistently delivered with the bat.

He should atleast be vice captain.

I dont like Bumra being VC. There was no need to play him this seires. Fast bowlers hardly has any role. Could have rested him. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, AtheK said:

Wait for Rohit sharma to break down after one series and India left with no captain :lol:

That is inevitable ?

16 hours ago, silentassassin said:

Jadeja has easily been our best test player from last 2 years.
Best test batsman as well. He has consistently delivered with the bat.

He should atleast be vice captain.

I dont like Bumra being VC. There was no need to play him this seires. Fast bowlers hardly has any role. Could have rested him. 

Right.

Jaddu should be VC so when need comes he can fill in. Even Ash is a good choice. Bumrah just makes no sense whatsoever. 

MCC permanently bans use of saliva to shine ball, 'Mankading' no longer unfair play

Custodian of cricket laws, the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) has decided to move the law relating to run-outs at non-striker's end from its "unfair play" section besides completely banning the use of saliva to shine the ball in amendments to its 2022 code that will come into effect in October.

link

21 hours ago, san_Assassin said:

MCC permanently bans use of saliva to shine ball, 'Mankading' no longer unfair play

Custodian of cricket laws, the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) has decided to move the law relating to run-outs at non-striker's end from its "unfair play" section besides completely banning the use of saliva to shine the ball in amendments to its 2022 code that will come into effect in October.

link

Ash would be ecstatic. 

Mankading rule needed a clear line cos many associated it with Spirit of the game ( which in itself is a bs concept made by everyone for their own narrative) and Ash was trolled so much for it. 

Edited by harsh1387