The Cricket Thread

AtheK

2 hours ago, TAZ said:

Natarajan over Shami/Umesh anyday. Plus shardul is an all rounder, Havn't seen Harshal batting better than shardul in the IPL.

DK should find a place in the Playing 11, you cant bench a player whose scoring at SR <200. 

Shami and Umesh have bowled better than Natrajan this season. Also, we need a genuine pacer with Bumrah at start. Natrajan should be in the backup as injuries will happen and he will get a chance. 

By all logic DK should be in 11. But things don't work with logic in Indian cricket. Shreyas scored a 100 on debut and was benched next games cos the guy he replaced came back. Incumbents will always be given priority. Although a 5,6,7 of DK, Hardik And Jadeja will be amazing. 

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

I honestly wouldn't play pant on current form. Would rather have KL keep wickets and go with someone like Hooda or Samson or Iyer. 

What are you talking about. Pant is ions better than a Hooda or a Samson. And Iyer ( i hope you mean Shreyas cos Venky cant even perform for his ipl team right now) cant play genuine pace and with his weakness against bouncers he will have a tough time playing on big ground of Australia. Moreover Shreyas is in competition with SKY and sky is a sure shot. If you will say we may play DK ahead of Pant then it's agreeable considering DK's awesome form. However Pant is the incumbent keeper and that's not gonna change.

2 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Natrajan if fit will go 100%. 

He will.

39 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Time to send a young hungry team like 2007.

I agree but Not gonna happen. At that time seniors voluntarily step aside cos T20 was new and wasn't considered proper cricket so they didn't care. Now everyone knows the value and no one will step aside voluntarily and selectors don't have the balls to do so.

On 4/20/2022 at 12:53 PM, harsh1387 said:

He is a good batsman. His first proper season of chances. Will come good at some point. His domestic record is decent.

The story is true and everyone knows it. She cheated on him. He was dignified enough to get a quite divorce and in hindsight it was a blessing for him as his current wife is so much better for him. DK was regarded as best batsman to come out of his state. In an interview Parthiv admitted he and DK got chances but couldn't cement themselves in Indian team while Dhoni emerged and took the spot by storm. After 2007 world cup Dhoni was irreplaceable.

Let's be honest.

Rohit is captain, won't be dropped.

Kohli has a legacy behind him and he will play the world cup. If he fails in that then probably selectors have to take the hard call. So, let's hope he and Rohit find some form as there are many matches left. I feel for Kohli. He looked so depressed sitting alone in dugout yesterday after the duck. 

Harshal will be on plane to Australia. I am sure of it. Infact I will play him ahead of Thakur in 11 cos his slower balls will be wicket balls on huge ground there. Plus he is an equal or better bat than Thakur. 

I believe unless there are injuries or something else happens this will be the line up. 

Rohit 

Rahul 

Kohli 

SKY 

Pant 

Hardik 

Jadeja 

Thakur/Harshal 

Shami/Umesh 

Bumrah 

Chahal 

DK, Shreyas, Siraj etc will be backups. 

No more Kohli, he should just retire from T20, Rohit understanding now how tough it is to be a full time captain. He will still get to play this, it’s too late to get a new captain now. He should also retire right after tournament no matter the result.

KL Rahul

Rohit sharma

SKY

pant

hardik

DK

Jadeja

harshal

chahal

shami

bumrah

3-7 all clean hitters.

Edited by AtheK

21 minutes ago, AtheK said:

No more Kohli, he should just retire from T20, Rohit understanding now how tough it is to be a full time captain. He will still get to play this, it’s too late to get a new captain now. He should also retire right after tournament no matter the result.

KL Rahul

Rohit sharma

SKY

pant

hardik

DK

Jadeja

harshal

chahal

shami

bumrah

3-7 all clean hitters.

Don't think so it's gonna happen. It's hard to give up money and fame. 

Rohit is looking more sh*t than kohli tbh. Ideally Shaw should open with KL Rahul and rest of the line up should be what you mentioned. We can give captaincy to Hardik or Pant cos both are doing fine right now. But, selectors don't have the balls to drop both Rohit and Kohli. So, world cup is gonna be a f**k up and i am at peace with that. 

12 hours ago, AtheK said:

KL Rahul

Rohit sharma

SKY

pant

hardik

DK

Jadeja

harshal

chahal

shami

bumrah

3-7 all clean hitters.

Perfect team IMO. Just 2 changes Deepak Chahar & Shardul in place of Shami & Harshal. Would give us the extra cushion of batting till 9. Shami leaks runs at crucial times, That's been his problem all the time. 

f**king village idiotic umpires. That was a no ball. 18 off 3 and 17 in 4 balls is a huge difference and the way Powell was hitting it was do able. Stupid dumb umpires killed the chase. Pant will be penalised for disrupting the match but someone needs to penalise these idiotic umpires too. This IPL has been the worst in terms of umpiring. 

• Like 1