The Cricket Thread

AtheK

• 2 weeks later...

India's T20I squad in the South Africa Series:

Rishabh Pant (Captain)(wk), Hardik Pandya (vice-captain), Ruturaj Gaikwad, Ishan Kishan, Deepak Hooda, Shreyas Iyer, Dinesh Karthik (wk), Venkatesh Iyer, Yuzvendra Chahal, Axar Patel, Ravi Bishnoi, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Harshal Patel, Avesh Khan, Arshdeep Singh, Umran Malik

2 hours ago, Right said:

Rishabh Pant is gonna captain..... :nerves:

Better than KL atleast. Rohit and Rahul both get injured quite often since couple of years and we have made them Captain and VC. 

Hardik will be VC now. If he stays fit he can be backup captain when Rohit gets injured again. 

3 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

Better than KL atleast. Rohit and Rahul both get injured quite often since couple of years and we have made them Captain and VC. 

Hardik will be VC now. If he stays fit he can be backup captain when Rohit gets injured again. 

Surprisingly (or rather unsurprisingly), none of the big Indian players get injured during IPL

Edited by Sach4life

23 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

I am quite wary of these speed Guns these days. They even clocked Hardik bowling at 146 in IPL. I don't recall him ever crossing 140 even before he was injured and at his peak. 

Yeah. We had Umesh Yadav and Varun Aaron earlier. Both had excellent speed constantly bowling at around 150+ but they leaked runs easily and not really trustworthy when needed. They had their particular days but nothing fancy. They were average at best. 

Let's hope someone grooms Umran better, so far even he had just one good day and average overall. I hope he proves us wrong. 

I still remember when I saw Umesh first time bowling, I was like... whoa! India never had this high speed pacer before (My childhood is from Srinath and Venaktesh times) but he is bowling constantly at 150. He is gonna shine but bleh! 

Just now, dante77 said:

Yeah. We had Umesh Yadav and Varun Aaron earlier. Both had excellent speed constantly bowling at around 150+ but they leaked runs easily and not really trustworthy when needed. They had their particular days but nothing fancy. They were average at best. 

Let's hope someone grooms Umran better, so far even he had just one good day and average overall. I hope he proves us wrong. 

I still remember when I saw Umesh first time bowling, I was like... whoa! India never had this high speed pacer before (My childhood is from Srinath and Venaktesh times) but he is bowling constantly at 150. He is gonna shine but bleh! 

Umesh has been quite good in Test cricket. His white ball game has also improved. Sadly he was always overshadowed by others. Umraan can be the next Brett Lee if he is taken care of properly which hardly happens in Indian cricket. 

2 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

I am quite wary of these speed Guns these days. They even clocked Hardik bowling at 146 in IPL. I don't recall him ever crossing 140 even before he was injured and at his peak. 

Hardik used to bowl at 140+ in WC and England tour before that. 

2 hours ago, dante77 said:

Umesh was good and had decent control but no variations which meant he went for a lot of runs at the end. Varun is just plain bad. 

Srinath was supposed to be the fastest Indian bowler but never got to play in younger days cause Kapil Dev had a record to break and 2nd seamer was always prabhakar. 

Why all the whining on social media about India losing. Winning streak had to end someday. You can't win all matches and 210 was a good score. But the pitch got better in second innings and Delhi is a small ground so it was always chaseable. Pants Captaincy and batting was also fine. 

I still feel we need to play Umraan. Nokia showed yesterday if you ball well then high pace is very difficult to play. Only issue is who he replaces. 

Also, Ishan kishan said it's a 150 pitch ??

On 6/10/2022 at 12:59 PM, harsh1387 said:

Why all the whining on social media about India losing. Winning streak had to end someday. You can't win all matches and 210 was a good score. But the pitch got better in second innings and Delhi is a small ground so it was always chaseable. Pants Captaincy and batting was also fine. 

I still feel we need to play Umraan. Nokia showed yesterday if you ball well then high pace is very difficult to play. Only issue is who he replaces. 

Also, Ishan kishan said it's a 150 pitch ??

Pant didn't manage Chahal properly. He bowled him in powerplay which isn't his strength. Pant needs to learn tactics ASAP.

14 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Pant didn't manage Chahal properly. He bowled him in powerplay which isn't his strength. Pant needs to learn tactics ASAP.

We can't know if it was pants decision alone. Maybe coach and staff also decided to try chahal in powerplay. 

But ya it was a blunder. Chahal ain't a powerplay bowler. If you want a powerplay bowler get Ash or Sundar. 

Pant will learn with time. I am just glad atleast he is batting positively.