The Cricket Thread

AtheK

6 hours ago, Big Boss said:

I couldn't bring myself to watch the entire final because the pace is just awful. But saw last 4 overs. What a grand choke. SA men's team will be proud.

Yeah they way some of batter gets out is laughable make it look like 5-6 year old are playing 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DinJo said:

Yeah they way some of batter gets out is laughable make it look like 5-6 year old are playing 

But that is true for all teams including the no.1 team Australia. In general, the women's game is slow paced and needs improvement however that can only happen when they play lot of matches. 

4 hours ago, nitinveer said:

But that is true for all teams including the no.1 team Australia. In general, the women's game is slow paced and needs improvement however that can only happen when they play lot of matches. 

Playing a lot of matches will not make the game fast paced or batters strong.

Only way the game can improve is men start identifying as women and play women's cricket. Else it will always remain slow paced with shorter boundaries.

7 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

yeah no amount of playing lots of games will make fast bowlers bowl quicker than 110 kmph or batters fail to clear 50 metre boundaries. 

Why do we need to compare this with men standards? It is physically impossible to match 150kmph speed or 75m boundaries for women. 

26 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Playing a lot of matches will not make the game fast paced or batters strong.

Only way the game can improve is men start identifying as women and play women's cricket. Else it will always remain slow paced with shorter boundaries.

Lol when I said improvement, I meant in terms of fielding and overall quality of the game. 

Asia Cup India squad: Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Rishabh Pant, Deepak Hooda, Dinesh Karthik, Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, R Ashwin, Yuzvendra Chahal, Ravi Bishnoi, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Arshdeep Singh, Avesh Khan

On standby: Shreyas Iyer, Axar Patel, Deepak Chahar

14 hours ago, silentassassin said:

Avesh picked for Asia Cup.
Bumrah is injured. So, he'll be our 3rd bowler :doh: 

I don't know why these guys are hell bent on ignoring Shami. He is much better bowler and batter than Avesh any given day. If Bumrah or Bhuvi aren't available then Shami should be the choice to go to. If we are thinking of taking Avesh to Australia it's gonna be a blunder. Deepak Chahar is on standby. Why wasn't he included in main squad instead of Avesh. Stupid dumbass selections as usual. With Harshal rumoured to miss World Cup Chahar becomes invaluable. 

And selecting Hooda over Iyer makes no sense. UAE is a spin pitch and Iyer is a spin basher. Although both won't play if KL is fit. 

Rohit

KL

Kohli

SKY

Pant

Hardik

I think these 6 are already shortlisted by team and selectors for World cup. Rest all are experimentation. DK will be hard done but his international stats in 2022 so far haven't been good and his keeping is the worst among all keeping options. 

Edited by harsh1387

12 hours ago, silentassassin said:

Avesh picked for Asia Cup.
Bumrah is injured. So, he'll be our 3rd bowler :doh: 

Although I am skeptical but it might work considering the tournament is in UAE and he did well in last year IPL. Same was the case with all fast bowlers like Siraj and Nortje doing well in UAE. 

1 hour ago, harsh1387 said:

I don't know why these guys are hell bent on ignoring Shami. He is much better bowler and batter than Avesh any given day. If Bumrah or Bhuvi aren't available then Shami should be the choice to go to. If we are thinking of taking Avesh to Australia it's gonna be a blunder. Deepak Chahar is on standby. Why wasn't he included in main squad instead of Avesh. Stupid dumbass selections as usual. With Harshal rumoured to miss World Cup Chahar becomes invaluable. 

And selecting Hooda over Iyer makes no sense. UAE is a spin pitch and Iyer is a spin basher. Although both won't play if KL is fit. 

Rohit

KL

Kohli

SKY

Pant

Hardik

I think these 6 are already shortlisted by team and selectors for World cup. Rest all are experimentation. DK will be hard done but his international stats in 2022 so far haven't been good and his keeping is the worst among all keeping options. 

Not selecting Shami specially when Bumrah is not available is baffling. 

1 hour ago, nitinveer said:

Although I am skeptical but it might work considering the tournament is in UAE and he did well in last year IPL. Same was the case with all fast bowlers like Siraj and Nortje doing well in UAE. 

True.

But i think we should be preparing for the WC.

Playing this Asia cup in UAE is foolish imo. Its completely different conditions from Aus.

3 hours ago, silentassassin said:

This data might be skewed though. I think Shami was not so good in T20 first few years however last 1.5 years he has been consistent and economical, I think his economy is less than 7 in T20s in last 2 years or so. I do not think he is still good death bowler though. He should be bowled out in pp and middle overs.