The Cricket Thread

AtheK

55 minutes ago, AtheK said:

well ya no way was he not going to play WC, but KL rahul should be dropped. Kohli also hopefully does well in WC and bows out on a high in T20.

Solution is simple. 

Drop KL. 

Open with Pant as that's his natural position and he is a lefty. A 15 ball 25 start from him is enough for us. 

Or simply open with Kohli like in IPL. 

Why tf Hooda is played at 7. He is just sh*t as a finisher and DK who is groomed for this since last 8 months is sitting out. Bishnoi our best bowler is missing this game. Stupid selections will again screw us in the world cup and probably today might be exit from Asia cup too.. 

Thanks to Ash atleast score is fighting. 

Edited by harsh1387

3 minutes ago, Right said:

If India loses today, will it get eliminated?

yup, very remotely with pak losing to Afg and SL both kinds, which won't happen.

Edited by AtheK

10 minutes ago, AtheK said:

yup, very remotely with pak losing to Afg and SL both kinds, which won't happen.

This is with the big assumption that India will against Afg!! Looking at the way they are playing, it seems like they will lose that match too. 

Although India's team selection and batting towards the end not par in both matches, it pains me to see that every team is able to chase the score. Win the toss and win the match! This was also the case last World Cup and IPL. 

16 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Bhuvi proving pak match was not a fluke, he has complete capability to repeat shitty performance with consistency.

Which begs the question why didn't the selectors go with Shami? What is Deepak Chahar doing as reserve player? If he can play in an ODI, I'm sure he can manage 4 overs. 

The last ball drama was icing on the cake. 

bkl. shami should go to Australia. no point taking bhuv on those surfaces. bc even shardul is better atleast he'll score a few if required. and both pant and kl need to be given the boot asap. let them enjoy with their bollywood starlets and stop taking someone's place. and kl reminds me of our 90's batsman who looked nervous even before playing the first ball. shikar is a more reliable batter than him even now. 

This is so fkin embarassing. 
Not even reaching finals and getting knocked out in group stage in consecutive tournaments.
Same mistake like last time, trying sh*t tons of players for different position and playing some new guy.

Whats the point of playing Hooda, spinners were bowling well, yet he dint bowl.
DK played as finisher after the IPL. Got even 1 or 2 MOTM. Played well against SA & WI.
Its  a difficult position & gets replaced by a rookie. Unbelievable.

Agreed, we went in without Bumrah & Harshal.
But batting lost us both the games, specially finishing the innings.  

6 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

bkl. shami should go to Australia. no point taking bhuv on those surfaces. bc even shardul is better atleast he'll score a few if required. and both pant and kl need to be given the boot asap. let them enjoy with their bollywood starlets and stop taking someone's place. and kl reminds me of our 90's batsman who looked nervous even before playing the first ball. shikar is a more reliable batter than him even now. 

I dont remember both KL & Pant playing a meaningful match winning innings in last year or so for India. 

2 minutes ago, silentassassin said:

I dont remember both KL & Pant playing a meaningful match winning innings in last year or so for India. 

i just remember 2 innings of his. one when he scored that century in wi which we lost thanks to msd. and the 2nd one at Manchester which we won. 

How much of this is on Dravid? Too many changes, suddenly dropping DK for Pant just because of Jadeja got injured so we needed a leftie? Wtf is this overthinking? Dropping Bishnoi for Ashwin because SL have lefties? Whatever happened to form and consistency? No way it's only done by captain. Dravid needs to go if we flop in world cup. I don't think he is cut out for senior team role, just like Kumble.

Sad to see that worlds No.1 T20 side fails to make it to the Finals of Asia Cup. Don't see this team making it to the semis down under. All they can win is Paytm Series. 

Indian Players have played enough cricket in UAE (2 IPL's)  in the past that they can't blame it on the toss and batting first approach. 

KL needs to be shown the door for some time, Make way for Kishan. Rohit-Kishan at top would give them the perfect R-L combination, Pant is fine at 5.

Shami - Bumrah - Arshdeep - Harshal (If Fit) are the best pacers available for the WC. 

In this tournament most of the teams batting 2nd have chased any score easily, But India on the other hand struggled to chase 150 the other day. Clearly shows us where we are lacking. 

So after hitting 50 and losing to Pak, Virat goes to Press and says this. He doesn't get it that noone gives a fk if you are not scoring runs, if you are not winning matches. Ganguly was dropped after hitting painstaking 100 against Zimbabwe. He took it on his chin and moved on, despite being the best captain for India 

"IND vs PAK: Only MS Dhoni Messaged Me When I Stepped Down As Test Captain: Virat Kohli"