The Cricket Thread

AtheK

3 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

shot of the tournament. 

I just can't get over this 6. Those who have played cricket will know how damn impossible it is to hit a 6 on this ball over long on, that too on a long 80m+ boundary.

Only Sachin Tendulkar and sometimes Ajay Jadeja used to hit such impossible sixes.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

I just can't get over this 6. Those who have played cricket will know how damn impossible it is to hit a 6 on this ball over long on, that too on a long 80m+ boundary.

Only Sachin Tendulkar and sometimes Ajay Jadeja used to hit such impossible sixes.

Absoultely . you need raw power and pro timming to even clear the shorter side boundry. i remember dhoni and pandy have hit it , but none of them under such pressure. PEAK RAW AND ANGRY KOHLI .

21 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

This..

That shot is nearly impossible to time for a long six.. Add the pressure and their fastest in form baller a this easily becomea one of the best sixes I have ever seen...

I have received quite some flake here for supporting Kohli.. But, I have always maintained he is the best batsman for India since Sachin retired. Without a doubt and probably will surpass Sachin when he retires. The tear in Kohli eyes showed what this win meant for him.

For me we already won the World cup with this match. If we actually win the final that will be cherry on the top.

32 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

sachin and A jadeja used to do that to full pitched balls. the bowl to kohli was a hard length ball and thats what makes  that shot extra special. 

5 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

sachin and A jadeja used to do that to full pitched balls. the bowl to kohli was a hard length ball and thats what makes  that shot extra special. 

Not always to full pitched ones. I keep watching old videos and these two guys were unbelievable. Especially Jadeja. There is his 100 vs WI video, in white clothes. Hit an unbelievable six. And then there is a video about both Jadeja and Sachin hitting 80s vs Zimbabwe. Jadeja hit huge sixes across the line vs spinners, without charging or anything.

For Sachin there are countless videos.

But yeah, Kohli's shot was extra special considering the situation, bowler, occasion and the ground dimensions.

My jaw dropped when Kohli hit that 6 (India needing 28 of 8 at that point). I was beyond awe struck... my God the sheer power needed to get that into that stands at the MCG... Good Lord!!

Legendary Stuff from King Kohli today :majesty:

Edited by Black_Hawk

8 minutes ago, dante77 said:

These Pakis don't even know the basic rules. They thought they availed the free hit by bowling wide :lol:

More funny was when they didn't chase the ball on free hit. They didn't even know that if it's a free hit ball is in play cos batsman can't get out. Similar like getting caught on free hit and you can run as many as you can.. ?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

More funny was when they didn't chase the ball on free hit. They didn't even know that if it's a free hit ball is in play cos batsman can't get out. Similar like getting caught on free hit and you can run as many as you can.. ?

Babar ran to the Umpire and was like "BC yeh kaya ho raha hai"!!! :P