The Cricket Thread

AtheK

5 hours ago, Sach4life said:

In hindi, from the current crop, Irfan's commentary is nice

Irfan is good and ads excitement to commentary. He was on air when Nawaz bowled that full toss no ball and Pathan just shouted "Freeeeeeeeebieeeeeeee" That was such a wholesome raw commentary. No other commentator would react that way. Maja aa gaya.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

Sunil Gavaskar was like a kid in a candy store :dance:

All former cricketers have unfinished dreams. Winning test series in Australia twice, beating Pakistan like how Javed Miyandad beat us at Sharjah.....

They have lived through that sad phase.

1 hour ago, ZooZoo said:

Irfan is good and ads excitement to commentary. He was on air when Nawaz bowled that full toss no ball and Pathan just shouted "Freeeeeeeeebieeeeeeee" That was such a wholesome raw commentary. No other commentator would react that way. Maja aa gaya.

He talks sense as well

6 minutes ago, Right said:

All former cricketers have unfinished dreams. Winning test series in Australia twice, beating Pakistan like how Javed Miyandad beat us at Sharjah.....

They have lived through that sad phase.

that six was already returned with interest first by kanitkar, then by rajesh chauhan and later by bhajji. the 80~90's players were always under confident, the umpiring was unfair and under the threat of gangsters and bookies. only one player in the current squad plays like a coward from that era, its rahul.  

• Like 1

Still buzzing with that innings. 

My God what a knock. What a match.

I was travelling. Thankfully was able to watch every ball on phone.

Anywhere i can watch ball to ball. Wanna relive it on big screen.

Kohli 2.0 is gonna be deadly i guess.

Mixture of aggression and maturity.

I think this is equavalent to desert storm. Invoked same emotions

1 hour ago, silentassassin said:

Has Rahul made any valuable contribution in white ball cricket in any crucial matches ?

Constantly  failing. Even in 2015 wc his century came against the WI.

you can't ask him this becase this is how he will respond

KL-rahul.png

The biggest loser in this team by a long margin, should get pant to open with sharma.

its not about even getting out for low scores. even rohit, pant etc and till recently kohli were getting out cheaply but none of them ever looked this uncomfortable while batting. even yesterday he was almost out on the first ball, a fkin low full toss which he sent back to the bowler and almost inside edged the 2nd ball to the stumps. the ball which he even got out to was an ordinary ball. he puts so much pressure on the non striker by making the bowlers look unplayable. 

4 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

its not about even getting out for low scores. even rohit, pant etc and till recently kohli were getting out cheaply but none of them ever looked this uncomfortable while batting. even yesterday he was almost out on the first ball, a fkin low full toss which he sent back to the bowler and almost inside edged the 2nd ball to the stumps. the ball which he even got out to was an ordinary ball. he puts so much pressure on the non striker by making the bowlers look unplayable. 

He got out same like 3 times i think? I mean he isnt leaving the ball nor hitting it. bichme khelraha XD 

All said and done There is a lot of thinking need to be done.

1) Openers . K L Rahul i would just skip him and give rishabh a chance , aise bhi out hota hi he . Also rohit need to fire and stop playing defensive, out toh waise bhi jaraha.

2) The score should have stopped at 150 max. those 10 were extra.

3) Surya kumar yadav needs to keep at what hes doing, need some one aggressive , hope this wicket wont make him defensive.

4) 21 in an over by axar patel was bad , should not have happened.

5) The throw by bhuvi at the end was unnessary should have avoided every run counts.

3 hours ago, rushab oswal said:

All said and done There is a lot of thinking need to be done.

1) Openers . K L Rahul i would just skip him and give rishabh a chance , aise bhi out hota hi he . Also rohit need to fire and stop playing defensive, out toh waise bhi jaraha.

2) The score should have stopped at 150 max. those 10 were extra.

3) Surya kumar yadav needs to keep at what hes doing, need some one aggressive , hope this wicket wont make him defensive.

4) 21 in an over by axar patel was bad , should not have happened.

5) The throw by bhuvi at the end was unnessary should have avoided every run counts.

1. Valid issue. With Rohit blowing hot and cold as well if opening fails whole middle order comes under tremendous pressure and Virat won't rescue us always. Even SKY hasn't done anything of note in crucial matches yet. With Pant we atleast have a surity of Intent which Rahul can never have against good bowling.

2. I believe max should have been 140 when we had openers out for so cheap. We let the game move away in the middle.

3. SKY should be aggressive but he needs to read the situation too. Yesterday he should have stayed with Kohli for longer. We were chasing with a known target and not setting a target. Was no need to play so many shots so early. 

4. That can happen to anyone anytime. Even Shaheen was hit for 19 runs in an over. Axar has done great for us recently so let's give him more chances.

5. Boobie made a rookie mistake. You never throw without backup in death overs.