The Cricket Thread

AtheK

Are we really surprised by what happened?

Our openers are sh*t to put it mildly. Both have no business being in a T20 side. 28 ball 27 in a semi final on a pure batting wicket is despicable. And the audacity to blame the loss on bowlers in post match interview.

Kohli and SKY can't carry this team always and SKY too fails in crucial games. 

Since eternity they can't decide if they want to play DK or Pant and musical chairs continue.

Axar and Ashwin are played who aren't match winning spinners while performing players like Bishnoi are dropped. 

Bhuvi was over long back. Still we keep playing him. 

More than players Selectors should be sacked first for selecting so many ODI players for a T20. 

England showed how T20 is actually played.

And trust me nothing will change. If you have doubts then check the NZ tour squad.

Forgot to add Dravid has been completely useless as coach. Just like Ganguly was as bcci head.

I am not disappointed cos I expected this. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

And the audacity to blame the loss on bowlers in post match interview.

I just listened to this . This was unnessary from him, you already lost the match why create rifts in the team now? Dhoni and even kohli did wonderfull jobs at post match presntations. when you are a captain you need some talking skills too. This is dissapointing from him.

15 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

Are we really surprised by what happened?

Our openers are sh*t to put it mildly. Both have no business being in a T20 side. 28 ball 27 in a semi final on a pure batting wicket is despicable. And the audacity to blame the loss on bowlers in post match interview.

Kohli and SKY can't carry this team always and SKY too fails in crucial games. 

Since eternity they can't decide if they want to play DK or Pant and musical chairs continue.

Axar and Ashwin are played who aren't match winning spinners while performing players like Bishnoi are dropped. 

Bhuvi was over long back. Still we keep playing him. 

More than players Selectors should be sacked first for selecting so many ODI players for a T20. 

England showed how T20 is actually played.

And trust me nothing will change. If you have doubts then check the NZ tour squad.

Forgot to add Dravid has been completely useless as coach. Just like Ganguly was as bcci head.

I am not disappointed cos I expected this. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611b631d9abee6875d649

:rofl:

• Haha 2

No way we were going to win the WC with this squad. Oldies need to be chucked just like it happened in 2007. Sanju - Shubman - Iyer need to brought in. Also need to make Hardik T20 captain.

Rohit can remain ODI captain. Bowling is the root problem, Bhuvi is just an average bowler. Deepak Chahar/Shardul Are much better than him. 

Just now, Black_Hawk said:

Seriously, that was a terrible post-match interview by Rohit. Despicable indeed to blame it all on the bowlers.

Making 27 of 28 in WC T20 SF game... :wallbash::ranting:

I mean blaming all the bowlers (Which is horrible) was fine. Sidelining one guy no matter how bad he did is not done man. How bad bhuvi must be feeling now ?

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

He mentions when Bhuvi bowled the first over the ball swung but just not in the right areas. Also, before that he says that the way they started bowling was nervy.

He also said he wanted to keep it tight but gave too much room. which indirectly blames bhuvi without naming him. Should have avoided that.

what we need to do is make a pool of 20-25 fresh players and continue with them till the next t20 WC and throw away all the oldies including virat. in our top six we need atleast 4 players who have multiple skill sets and our bowlers need to bat and have the ability to clear the boundary if need arises. basically battters who can bowl and bowlers who can bowl. even mid ability players like shardul should get preferences over guys like bhuvi (dont remember the last time he hit a boundary). get guys like shaw, kishan, gill, tilak, sanju, sundar etc and tell them to play like england does. doesnt matter if we lose the bilaterals just dont change the type we play. rohit changed his whole game after becoming captain which cost him his form too but then he comes to the WC and plays like he did 4 years ago. lesser daid avout rahul etc the better. even king kohli needs to make place for new talent. 

bowling ill still give the benefit of doubt as almost the entire pace battery was injured but but atleast have them work on their batting. seeing guys like siraj, chahal, arshdeep, bhuvi even hold the bat and taking stance is painful. and they need to find out why our quick bowlers become medium pacers by the time they play international cricket. prasidh bowled at 150 in ipl first season and now bowls at 135. even arshdeep used to bowl at 140+ in ipl now barely touches it and that too in aussie conditions. if these guys cant bowl 4 overs then whats the point. in the u19 wc which we won when shaw was captain, shaheen afridi bowled at 130-135 while our bowlers like mavi and nagarkoti bowled 145+. now afridi bowls at 145-150 and those bowlers bately hit 140. there are so many eg of how our quick bowlers from high 145+ ended up barely touching 130 after playing for india. only umesh yadav has maintained his pace throughout the years. 

25 minutes ago, rushab oswal said:

He also said he wanted to keep it tight but gave too much room. which indirectly blames bhuvi without naming him. Should have avoided that.

he absolutely should.  rohit backed bhuvi (and ashwin)after the last WC where everyone wanted them dropped. if you cant perform when the team needs it then they absolutely need to be called out. 

• Like 1

Throughout the tournament our spinners are also outbowled by our opponents.

We should get a proper team ready for the next 50 over WC which is in India. 

Get Shikar out of the team and should make hard choices.
Even Bhuvi is done. 
Should move on from bhuvi.

Get Bishnoi for Chahal. 

I stopped watching complete matches after 2003 ODI WC final where Australia thrashed India for the cup. After that in past 19 years, apart from some scores from websites and short clips, I have never watched a cricket match. Never watched a T20 match in its entirety until today and wow, today reminded me of 2003 again. See you again in another 19 years :lol:

The world cup I have never missed since I am old enough to remember starts in 9 days so excited for that :P

Edited by b!T
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, b!T said:

I stopped watching complete matches after 2003 ODI WC final where Australia thrashed India for the cup. After that in past 19 years, apart from some scores from websites and short clips, I have never watched a cricket match. Never watched a T20 match in its entirety until today and wow, today reminded me of 2003 again. See you again in another 19 years :lol:

The world cup I have never missed since I am old enough to remember starts in 9 days so excited for that :P

You missed 2011 and 2007 world cup wins :O

3 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

You missed 2011 and 2007 world cup wins :O

I didn't miss it in conventional terms becoz I remember getting drunk in all celebrations :lol:. But i didn't watch any matches apart from glimpses while Dad/friends watching the match. There is a superstition running around our gang that Indian team improved after I stopped watching the matches and looking at the time line , It may be true :lol:

Edited by b!T
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, b!T said:

Can i then bet a $100 mil on the match youll watch after 19 years- that india will get thrashed mercilessly and the opposition will win by 10 wickets? 

Edited by radicaldude
  • Haha 1