The Cricket Thread

AtheK

I hope we lose so that finally some heads will roll at BCCI and we see some sort of shakeup to squad. Pant is a guranteed starter in tests for next decade so handover Test captaincy to him and groom him. Pandya can take care of T20 squad and for ODIs, we are in a spot of bother with frequent injuries Pandya gets. Maybe time to select someone young like South Africa did back then when they made Smith captain at 21. 

4 minutes ago, ZooZoo said:

I hope we lose so that finally some heads will roll at BCCI and we see some sort of shakeup to squad. Pant is a guranteed starter in tests for next decade so handover Test captaincy to him and groom him. Pandya can take care of T20 squad and for ODIs, we are in a spot of bother with frequent injuries Pandya gets. Maybe time to select someone young like South Africa did back then when they made Smith captain at 21. 

Smith turned out to be a great captain. I don't see that happening with Pant. But I would take Mayanti Langer as a captain right now if that means removing BKL and Vada Pav. 
India can't win sh*t if the selectors keep selecting players on the basis of the no. of Instagram followers they have. 

3 hours ago, Banz said:

After 8 years of playing Tests, KL Rahul has a Test average of 34, and has time and again showed poor leadership skills when given the role.

I dont know why are we persisting with this failure of a fraud player for so long. I have never seen anyone else being given such a long rope. Sala aise c*** player ko captain bana diya jisko team me bhi nai hona tha. Prithvi Shaw performed badly in one or two matches and he is shunned forever from the team. Jaiswal and Sarfaraz have been making truck loads of runs but not getting even a single chance. 

Ashwin is such a clutch player, specially in tests.

Picks wickets when needed.
So many 3rd and 4th innings. 

We should start picking players on performances.
Iyer has been exceptional this year. Both in ODIs & Tests. Crucial runs throughout the year. 

• Like 1

We need to rethink about the team.

Rahul doesn't deserve to play. We need to look beyond. So many openers in India right now.
Rohit also gets injured. He has to give up 1 format totally.

In most matches, its Pant, Jadeja & lower order is saving us from a long time. 

I worry for the BGT. we need a 3-1 kinda result to be sure for WTC final. But, looking at how pathetic our batters are barring Puji and Iyer it looks doubtful. Only silver lining is Bumrah and Jadeja back. 

If Rohit is back BKL should be kicked out and Gill should be persisted with as has been good against Aussie before. 

13 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

I worry for the BGT. we need a 3-1 kinda result to be sure for WTC final. But, looking at how pathetic our batters are barring Puji and Iyer it looks doubtful. Only silver lining is Bumrah and Jadeja back. 

If Rohit is back BKL should be kicked out and Gill should be persisted with as has been good against Aussie before. 

Jadeja is crucial. He n Pant has been saving our a*s from a long time.