The Cricket Thread

AtheK

13 minutes ago, silentassassin said:

Axar Patel has probably been our best batsman this series.
YTF is he batting below Bharat n Ashwin ?
Bharat just doesn't look like he can score.

Even 1st innings Axar was playing well and ran out of partners 

Cos our Coach and Captain are morons with no flexibility and game awareness.

VVS used to Bat at 6. In Kolkata test he batted 6 in 1st innings. Was in good touch so Ganguly made him bat at 3 in 2nd innings and rest is history.

Herr Axar is best batter of series and our dumb coach and captain are still making him bat at 9. Left stranded both innings by idiot Siraj who is another idiot without any match awareness. Could have played Kuldeep in his place.

This match is a goner and Rightly so.

• Like 3

I think this is the end of Bharat, we will probably see kishan in next match. What were Siraj and Umesh trying, atleast try out getting defending when you have a proper batsman in front of you. Why did Jadeja keep coming to bat ahead of Shreyas is another stupid move by one of the worst captain we have had in recent times.

Rohit continues to flop, Kohli is back to his normal mode!

3 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

Cos our Coach and Captain are morons with no flexibility and game awareness.

VVS used to Bat at 6. In Kolkata test he batted 6 in 1st innings. Was in good touch so Ganguly made him bat at 3 in 2nd innings and rest is history.

Herr Axar is best batter of series and our dumb coach and captain are still making him bat at 9. Left stranded both innings by idiot Siraj who is another idiot without any match awareness. Could have played Kuldeep in his place.

This match is a goner and Rightly so.

Trying to hit out was clearly Rohit's message from dugout. That was really ordinary. How can someone who has almost played for so long not have match awareness is beyond me! First he sent Kishan with a message to try and score quick runs to Pujara and then he sent someone else again. There was no Dravid during all this discussion. 

Not bowling Ashwin entire first hour today, keeping the field spread in 2nd over of the innings were all Rohit's tactics. It is mind boggling to see this team not have any plan Bs & Cs. 

3 hours ago, AtheK said:

I think this is the end of Bharat, we will probably see kishan in next match. What were Siraj and Umesh trying, atleast try out getting defending when you have a proper batsman in front of you. Why did Jadeja keep coming to bat ahead of Shreyas is another stupid move by one of the worst captain we have had in recent times.

Rohit continues to flop, Kohli is back to his normal mode!

That looked like clear message from Rohit to hit some runs! The second best batsman is left stranded twice in this match! I have not words what dressing people were thinking. 

4 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Kohli is also finished. 

It was such an awful shot.
Its ridiculous comparing him to Sachin in tests.

Sachin would have applied himself on this wicket and wouldn't have gone for that shot.

We need develop more test batsmen. No need for players to paly all formats. 
Pujara batted so well.
Just needed 1 more person to score with him. 

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, silentassassin said:

Then pay structures need overhaul. Why would a batter play only tests if he earns lesser compared to other formats/players playing all formats.

Edited by radicaldude

10 hours ago, silentassassin said:

It was such an awful shot.
Its ridiculous comparing him to Sachin in tests.

Sachin would have applied himself on this wicket and wouldn't have gone for that shot.

Pujara batted so well.
Just needed 1 more person to score with him. 

Completely agree! I have never understood BCCI's obsession of debuting players in other formats just because player is good in one formats when the data suggests otherwise. 

On 3/2/2023 at 11:23 PM, radicaldude said:

Then pay structures need overhaul. Why would a batter play only tests if he earns lesser compared to other formats/players playing all formats.

No need to restrict players from other formats.
There are lot of people scoring runs in 1st class.

Sarfaraz for one.
Baba Aprajith also has been very consistent. Reward players who have played long innings in ranjhi rather than giving opportunities to white ball players 

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/steve-smith-devious-ploy-comes-to-light-as-cricket-world-calls-out-loophole-231648902.html

Impressive exploitation of loophole. Reminded me of Sri Lanka making Jayawardene captain for one match so that Sangakara doesn't get banned.

2 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

Anyone watching WIPL on Jio cinema?

I thought it will be streaming in 4k. But in my Sony 4k Android tv it's only showing Full HD. 

Yes true. On the first day of the tournament, it was in 4k but from second days onwards it's been only in full HD on my tv. Looks like false advertisement.