The Cricket Thread

AtheK

17 hours ago, silentassassin said:

RCB retired no 17 jersey for ABD.

Great respect shown by the franchise. AB totally deserves it.
Pity he couldn't retire here in Bangalore 

They did same for Gayle too.. Brilliant gesture considering Gayle has been bad mouthing the franchise off late.

30 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

They did same for Gayle too.. Brilliant gesture considering Gayle has been bad mouthing the franchise off late.

Yea

AB absolutely deserved it.
Gayle also to an extent. He's pissed RCB dint take him back 3/4 years back.
TBH he was done by then .

So the season of IPL is almost upon us, what do you think of the new rules.

1. Playing 11 can be named after the toss - Personally I think this is a great rule specially with dew taking center stage in second innings. 

2. Impact Player - This I think is even better a substitute anytime in the match but before the 14th over of second innings. This adds a new dimension to the game and brings in tactics from outside the playing 11 also into the fold. Personally I am looking forward to see how teams are going to use this, I am sure lot of tactics are already being discussed. 

3. DRS call for no ball or wide, this is also a good one, though it is the first two that will be more fun.

Let's see how things pan out this year, waiting from an eternity for RCB win, let's see how they perform.

On 3/29/2023 at 10:32 PM, AtheK said:

So the season of IPL is almost upon us, what do you think of the new rules.

1. Playing 11 can be named after the toss - Personally I think this is a great rule specially with dew taking center stage in second innings. 

2. Impact Player - This I think is even better a substitute anytime in the match but before the 14th over of second innings. This adds a new dimension to the game and brings in tactics from outside the playing 11 also into the fold. Personally I am looking forward to see how teams are going to use this, I am sure lot of tactics are already being discussed. 

3. DRS call for no ball or wide, this is also a good one, though it is the first two that will be more fun.

Let's see how things pan out this year, waiting from an eternity for RCB win, let's see how they perform.

Yes, Really looking forward to this season & How teams use the impact player strategy. Top 4 this year for me: LSG-MI-RCB-PBKS/SRH. I have a feeling that RCB will lift the trophy this year :fear:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TAZ said:

Yes, Really looking forward to this season & How teams use the impact player strategy. Top 4 this year for me: LSG-MI-RCB-PBKS/SRH. I have a feeling that RCB will lift the trophy this year :fear:

Ya I have had that feeling from start of IPL, Kohli Panauti hai, till he is there, no hopes.

1 hour ago, harsh1387 said:

Jiocinema app was bulls hit today. 

So had to switch to star sports.

Rutu is smashing it right now..

worked absolutely fine for me from 1st ball.

2 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

Jiocinema app was bulls hit today. 

So had to switch to star sports.

Rutu is smashing it right now..

I am getting stuttering regularly. Mfckers should have charged some money and improved the fcking streaming.

12 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

GT was clinical and everyone contributed.

CSk with this bowling line up can't qualify.

Rashid khan, Gill and Gaikwad were brilliant!

Jiocinema 4k in the end was quite pleasing to watch.

How did you get the option to watch in 4k ? I could only see HD or Full HD (Jio cinema app on TV) which was worse than star sports HD on tata sky.