The Cricket Thread

AtheK

All said and done it's so funny how English media is portraying this 4 test stuff fondly known as 'Bazball' the great resurgence. Conveniently forgetting they are playing at home in conditions highly favourable to them.

Yes they were excellent in chasing but pitch was flat, Indian bowling only had 2 genuine threats, indian catching was below par and Indian top order has forgotten how to win matches since sometime.

The media has started saying Australia should be afraid of England now in ashes which is so laughable when we see England's record in Australia or even Root's record in Australia.

Let these guys win like this in Australia and India ( 2 toughest places in world cricket for a visiting team to win, especially India) and then I will agree this Bazball stuff has created a resurgence.

And our team needs a resurgence as well. I had high hopes from Dravid but sad to see it has been a disappointment so far. Win or loss goes on but atleast make correct team selection.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Right said:

Yep.

Because they don't want Kohli to score runs against minnows and then continue the way he is.

T20 series should be make or break for him and he shouldn't be guaranteed place in every match.

WI in white ball isn't a minnow. 

I hope this resting key players before World cup won't come to bite us as usual. Although I already have very low hope for WC. We are still playing T20 like it's 2010 and others have moved way ahead. 

12 hours ago, TAZ said:

Sad to see that people talking like this for Kohli, Just couple of years earlier he was god for us, Saving us In every game. This aggressiveness helped us win lots of games, Just once it backfired and media is all over him :good:

He will be back to what he was, There is no way management is benching a player like him. I was too young back then but I do remember Sachin had a lean patch too not sure about the years but he came back strongly. It's unfortunate in Kohli's case that covid came during his lean period making it more difficult to comeback due to these bio-bubbles. 

Just my 2 cents on the ongoing meme's & News around Kohli. :fear1:

Wtf don't even compare Sachin with Kohli. Sachin developed entire new shots when he was struggling against specific line or bowling. He even removed some shots from his game. He was always humble and was always learning. Kohli on the other hand refuses to change or learn new things. He blames it all on bad luck. Look at way he smiles after getting dismissed, like he is blaming it on all luck. 

He was on holiday instead of focusing on his game. Look at Pujara for example, he played county cricket to improve his game.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

that has made sure I will never buy digit inusrance again!!

So Kohli has been rested for Wi tour, probably he would be too tired doing antics on field by end of next 10 days!!

What a thought process.

• Haha 2

India’s squad for 3 ODIs: 

Shikhar Dhawan (Captain)

Ruturaj Gaikwad

Shubman Gill

Deepak Hooda

Suryakumar Yadav

Shreyas Iyer

Ishan Kishan (wk)

Sanju Samson (wk)

Ravindra Jadeja (vice-captain)

Shardul Thakur

Yuzvendra Chahal

Axar Patel

Avesh Khan

Prasidh Krishna

Mohd Siraj

Arshdeep Singh.

How come Jadeja gets a place in ODI , his bowling in ODI is worst and with bat as well he can only take singles that too not everytime.

And WTF has happened to Hardik why is he taking rest.

2 hours ago, AtheK said:

that has made sure I will never buy digit inusrance again!!

So Kohli has been rested for Wi tour, probably he would be too tired doing antics on field by end of next 10 days!!

What a thought process.

Get Acko. Just claimed it recently for a minor accident, pretty smooth process. No drama for approvals or anything. 

4 hours ago, san_Assassin said:

India’s squad for 3 ODIs: 

Shikhar Dhawan (Captain)

Ruturaj Gaikwad

Shubman Gill

Deepak Hooda

Suryakumar Yadav

Shreyas Iyer

Ishan Kishan (wk)

Sanju Samson (wk)

Ravindra Jadeja (vice-captain)

Shardul Thakur

Yuzvendra Chahal

Axar Patel

Avesh Khan

Prasidh Krishna

Mohd Siraj

Arshdeep Singh.

Ruturaj has done sh*t all and still keeps getting in somehow.

Why is Jadeja VC. Didn't these guys learn anything from IPL that jaddu can't do captaincy sh*t.

No one cares about ODI anymore except for the world cup. 

8 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Wtf don't even compare Sachin with Kohli. Sachin developed entire new shots when he was struggling against specific line or bowling. He even removed some shots from his game. He was always humble and was always learning. Kohli on the other hand refuses to change or learn new things. He blames it all on bad luck. Look at way he smiles after getting dismissed, like he is blaming it on all luck. 

He was on holiday instead of focusing on his game. Look at Pujara for example, he played county cricket to improve his game.

Not just that - look at the opposition during Sachin's time. Most of them are considered Legendary Players today. Players like the Waugh Brothers, Jonty Rhodes, Warne, Akram, Akhtar etc. I get the feeling that if Sachin was still young and in his Prime today (along with the 90s/2000s team - Ganguly's team especially) - we would most probably be far higher than we are now.

20 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

All said and done it's so funny how English media is portraying this 4 test stuff fondly known as 'Bazball' the great resurgence. Conveniently forgetting they are playing at home in conditions highly favourable to them.

Yes they were excellent in chasing but pitch was flat, Indian bowling only had 2 genuine threats, indian catching was below par and Indian top order has forgotten how to win matches since sometime.

The media has started saying Australia should be afraid of England now in ashes which is so laughable when we see England's record in Australia or even Root's record in Australia.

Let these guys win like this in Australia and India ( 2 toughest places in world cricket for a visiting team to win, especially India) and then I will agree this Bazball stuff has created a resurgence.

And our team needs a resurgence as well. I had high hopes from Dravid but sad to see it has been a disappointment so far. Win or loss goes on but atleast make correct team selection.

So many factors had to go right for their success. Pitches have been super flat, duke balls this year have been piss poor as they loose shape within 10 overs and then there is nothing for bowlers. SG ball or Kookaboora swing early on, then there is a 10-15 over phase for batting and then it starts reversing so everyone has even chance. Let's get them to Ahmedabad turners and Axerball them ???

19 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Called this out multiple times but Viratians are quick to jump and defend. Virat does not have any shots from point to thridman region apart from that pathetic backfoot poke. This is what is getting him in trouble time and again. The good to short length balls wide of off stump are there to be cut but he tries to cover drive them on up and edge them. Prime Virat had great reflexes so he was able to do that but now be just couldn't and hence struggling. You Can be super fit but yet your reflexes will decline with age. Just look at how many shots Tendulkar had for behind the wicket. That is why he was able to give up cover drive for some time as he can still score. If Virat gives up cover drive, it takes away his 50% scoring shots. Also, Virat never goes a bit unconventional to disturb bowlers who wants to bowl that 5th stump line. Tendulkar used to regularly walk across the stumps to whip those balls to leg side to change the fields. Now it looks like it's too late fir Virat to change but I'm hoping he does that and atleast retains 70% of his past form. I'm just surprised that we have Dravid as a coach and yet Virat isn't able to counter these issues in bis technique. Maybe Virat needs to listen from someone he idolized as a kid instead.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Big Boss said:

I never said that I am comparing these two, & They can never be compared. I just used it as a reference :fear1:. Yup its true Kohli makes it look like he's unlucky after every dismissal. 

Sachin can't be compared to anyone except Lara in my opinion. Whoever has watched them play in 90's know they were the only 2 who could be compared to be who is the best. However Sachin's longevity may edge him ahead of Lara. 

Even when Kohli was making tons of runs and people were saying he is better than Sachin and will break all records i maintained that Sachin is in a league of his own. Now it shows why. 

Seems like BCCI literally has stopped giving sh*t about ODI's. Not impressed by team selected for windies even though they may win considering Windies are inconsistent af. 

We should go in with a steady team. There's too much experimentation going on.
Same thing cost us last t20 wc, where we just kept experimenting and fielded a whole new xi for WC..

Even 2019, we never fixed on a no4/ 5 slot.
Kept trying players and we got screwed. 

From Asia Cup we should stick to basic 15/17 players. Not more than that..

WRT Virat, i'm a huge fan. But this is absolute shambles. Hardly getting any runs. Cant remember the last match winning innings from him.
This is no longer a slump,. This seems like a downfall 

23 minutes ago, silentassassin said:

We should go in with a steady team. There's too much experimentation going on.
Same thing cost us last t20 wc, where we just kept experimenting and fielded a whole new xi for WC..

Even 2019, we never fixed on a no4/ 5 slot.
Kept trying players and we got screwed. 

From Asia Cup we should stick to basic 15/17 players. Not more than that..

WRT Virat, i'm a huge fan. But this is absolute shambles. Hardly getting any runs. Cant remember the last match winning innings from him.
This is no longer a slump,. This seems like a downfall 

Players keep asking for rest. BCCI is also frustrated:

https://m.timesofindia.com/sports/cricket/news/virat-kohlis-t20i-future-hangs-in-balance/articleshow/92713141.cms

This is what happens when players target playing in IPL over national team. Read the last 3 paragraphs.

• Like 1

As soon as Hardik gets bowling aspect of his to game, he becomes the first player to be chosen in the side. I hope he continues to do both atleast in white ball cricket. He definitely is in line to be the next captain after Kohli and Sharma will make sure we lose this year WC.

• Like 1