The Cricket Thread

AtheK

3 hours ago, silentassassin said:

Wish he played 1 last time in Chinnaswamy  before he retired.

A true legend and brilliant batsman. 
Will miss him and his batting dearly.

Must give credit, could have easily extended his career playing sh*t cricket. Went out when on a high. 

South african board is going the zimbabwe route. XD

6 hours ago, silentassassin said:

Wish he played 1 last time in Chinnaswamy  before he retired.

A true legend and brilliant batsman. 
Will miss him and his batting dearly.

Must give credit, could have easily extended his career playing sh*t cricket. Went out when on a high. 

Not everyone is Dhoni or Gayle to keep playing just cos they are money hungry. I was so sure ABD will play coming IPL. But, he knows best. For me he is the best white ball player since last 10 years. Sadly couldn't win any major trophy with any team he played in. I am sure we will see him in some coaching capacity in IPL soon. 

Edited by harsh1387

What a loss!! That said at 37, it was coming, I guess RCB might have been a bit skeptical as well to retain him, since they need to build a team for future. That might have been a reason he probably retired a year earlier.

But what a player he has been, with him on the crease nothing felt impossible, probably more loved then Kohli himself in RCB camp, and probably the most loved overseas player in India. Will miss seeing him bat!!

1 hour ago, harsh1387 said:

Not everyone is Dhoni or Gayle to keep playing just cos they are money hungry. I was so sure ABD will play coming IPL. But, he knows best. For me he is the best white ball player since last 10 years. Sadly couldn't win any major trophy with any team he played in. I am sure we will see him in some coaching capacity in IPL soon. 

Gayle has become a Laughing stock now, I guess he is waiting for that one last brilliant innings, Dhoni ka to kya hi bole!!

Now if RCB gets rid of Kohli then they might actually win the trophy.

Great debut for Harshal Patel. Not including the inform players in World Cup squad was a huge mistake. I mean IPL was played on same f**king grounds as world cup. Selectors should have been brave in team selection. Instead they took easy way out by selecting old guys.

6 hours ago, Right said:

Cringe.....

Why is he so keen on fkin up his image? Ever since his marriage to Anushka he's gone full loco and its rubbing on to other players as well ( Pandya bros being the prime example). I hope Rahul Dravid drills some discipline and humility into the current team.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Why is he so keen on fkin up his image? Ever since his marriage to Anushka he's gone full loco and its rubbing on to other players as well ( Pandya bros being the prime example). I hope Rahul Dravid drills some discipline and humility into the current team.

He has become too complacent I guess. Once he is removed from captaincy, he will have to focus on batting form because otherwise his place will be questioned. I don't think he has a place in T20s anyways now. Hopefully he quits captaincy and his old form is back.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Pandya bros are probably the most annoying cricketers we have ever had. 

Now no performance on field either. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Big boys always played at night, new boys are not very careful.