The Cricket Thread

AtheK

1 hour ago, Big Boss said:

Boom 

In the next two years, Kohli became the all-powerful captain of the team, who could get things done his way. It only helped that there was a Supreme Court run-Committee of Administrators, who relented to each and every demand of his — some very fair and some unfair.

And then came a time when the traditional administrators were back in the business along with a very powerful secretary and a president, who knows a thing about being a successful captain himself.

He only survived this long because there was no BCCI all thanks to milords. I mean anyone would feel pissed off if selectors were serving Anushka tea and biskut like waiters or when she was the only female allowed to accompany team india when they visited some high profile event abroad. 

And lol he even had a falling out with shahstri. 

If grapevine is to be believed, Kohli, towards the end of the England series, didn’t even get along with the Shastri-led erstwhile support staff.

It wasn’t as if they had any ugly fights but it was just that Kohli and Shastri, towards the end of it all, didn’t see eye to eye but since the latter was already mentally done with the job, he bade his time and left with his head held high.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Boom 

He only survived this long because there was no BCCI all thanks to milords. I mean anyone would feel pissed off if selectors were serving Anushka tea and biskut like waiters or when she was the only female allowed to accompany team india when they visited some high profile event abroad. 

And lol he even had a falling out with shahstri. 

Good riddance. Now if he doesn't perform like a top batsman, drop him from the team.

Next step should be to drop him from T20 team, he honestly does not belong in the T20 setup, we just can't have so many similar moulds of player. Hopefully he shuts up now and bats the way he used to, been what like two years he hit a century? Hopefully it comes in the first test against SA!

Also not a huge fan of Rohit being made the ODI captain, T20 I get it with the WC less then a year around, for ODI it should have ideally been rahul or maybe even Jadeja, that guy has served the Indian cricket selflessly for a long time.

This whole captaincy thing is being portrayed as a huge controversy. 
People blaming BCCI & Ganguly for the decision. 

I'm a huge virat fan, and i totally think right decision was made.
You cant get knocked out in the 1st round of World Cup you are hosting and not have consequences. Once Virat quit T20 captaincy it was obvious, he would lose white ball captaincy as well.
IMO Rohit is perfect choice, he's definitely gonna play 2023 WC. He can quit the captaincy post the WC and we can groom someone for the future. 

Only thing is, BCCI should have had a press release or a small video explaining the captaincy change, instead of doing it over a tweet. 

Losing captaincy is not end of world. Sachin was not even informed he was being sacked as captain, atleast virat got prior warning.
Just has to put his head down and continue being the best batsman now. 

10 hours ago, silentassassin said:

Think it'll be over in 1st session tomorrow.
New call also due.
I think England will lose 3/4 wickets in 1st session.

Sir, How is the 2022 outlook going to be? What stocks are you buying? 

18 hours ago, silentassassin said:

Think it'll be over in 1st session tomorrow.
New call also due.
I think England will lose 3/4 wickets in 1st session.

Ya.

And they got docked 5 points for slow bowling rate. As it is they were never in contention for WTC final with this kind of team. 

1 hour ago, AtheK said:

Rohit Sharma has been ruled out from the test series against South Africa due to left hamstring injury. Priyank Panchal replaces Rohit Sharma in India's Test squad. 

Dumbass selectors don't have a clue what to do. Easwaran was the selection before, performed so well with India A and they go and select Panchal. 

Rohit might be out for 5-6 months as his injury is serious and may need surgery. Will miss ODI too in SA. Would be interesting who will be named Captain now for that time. I am afraid they may select KL Rahul ?

11 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

Dumbass selectors don't have a clue what to do. Easwaran was the selection before, performed so well with India A and they go and select Panchal. 

Rohit might be out for 5-6 months as his injury is serious and may need surgery. Will miss ODI too in SA. Would be interesting who will be named Captain now for that time. I am afraid they may select KL Rahul ?

Apparently Panchal has great domestic record. 
Also Rohit should be fit in 3 weeks. He will be back for ODIs

4 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Now kohli is reportedly saying that he'll not play the ODI's in SA due to personal reasons. 

Seems its his daughter's 1st birthday. So he wants to celebrate. 

Also BCCI should get their act together. So much leaking of news.